The truth we both know

The truth we both know

"You two look good together" the lady standing by his side suddenly said, pointing her head towards Jinki, who was trying to pass through a few people to get to the buffet table. "Are you two dating?"

The question got Jonghyun off guard, making him choke with his own saliva. "What?!"

Not that he hadn't hear something like that previously but the surprise always came holding hands with his messy thoughts - and there was the surprise of how that woman could see something like 'boyfriends relationship' among them two.

Jinki and him didn't date, far from that - even because a true dating thing is full of kisses, hugs, sweet words and lovely smiles and yet there was caring between them, in general, they didn't have any of that, at least not always.

There were those times where Jinki suddenly appeared and said something romantic to him like "I missed you" or "you didn't know but I love listening to your voice", and even if it wasn't his usual acting it always looked so spontaneous that it didn't fail making Jonghyun smile like a fool in love. And he really was a fool in love, why he would deny? Jonghyun was sure that even if he denied it wouldn't work because the feeling was right on his face like a tattoo.

After he met Jinki he started being ridiculously terrible in hiding what he feel. They almost didn't see each other since their work time didn't match and with a nearly unthinkable act Jonghyun gave a copy of his apartment's keys to Jinki. "When you miss me, you can always come here." Jonghyun said to the older, the latter had no reaction first but he soon opened such a beautiful smile that Jonghyun felt that if he died, being able to see that man smile made life worth it.

And that's why there were those days in which Jonghyun would wake up for work and would find Jinki sleeping by his side, with the other's hand around his waist and face burried against his hair. In those days, the days where Jinki would wake up few minutes after him saying a sleepy "Good morning", rubbing Jonghyun's checks with his thumb and smiling lightly at him, Jonghyun also questioned. He questioned many things. What do you want from me, Lee Jinki? What am I to you? What do you feel towards me?


Different from Jonghyun, Jinki was never the type of showing his feelings towards someone. Not even after meeting Jonghyun that changed, it was his way of being and maybe that wasn't going to change. But Jonghyun wanted, he wanted more than anything to know Jinki's feelings. And Jinki knew the questions surrounding Jonghyun's mind every time he saw him. It was amazing how someone that seems to hide every feeling under seven damn keys was able to read others feelings. Or maybe, he could only read Jonghyun's feelings.

"Jinki... Is this a date? Cause I don't feel like it is, so what it..."

"You think too much." Jinki used to tell, sitting on bed and pulling Jonghyun to himself in a caring hug, smelling Jonghyun's hair scent while passing his hand trough his back. And in moments like these, Jonghyun always know what Jinki really felt, because he felt the same, so he sighed, surrendering himself, cause he knows he couldn't resist, and hugs the older back, enjoying the heat and peace that the other always provides to him.

And it was for that that Jonghyun's romantic heart - damn he couldn't help it - insisted in every pulse that what they had was something different from ordinary, it was something much more... Complex.

"Jonghyun-ssi?" He blinked as the girl made him come back from his own thoughts and shaking his head lightly while smiling to the girl that made the question. Because maybe "dating" wasn't an important title to give to a relationship, maybe Jonghyun really felt more comfortable being what he already was; a friend, a partner, lover or even a love. Maybe he was all that together and always knew but insisted pretending he didn't. He pretended only for the stupid pleasure of listening Jinki telling him.

"I love you, silly"

And like always happened when someone made him that question, he would answer with the truth. The truth that he believed and was sure that Jinki believed too.

"No, we are not dates" he said, seeing that Jinki was walking in his direction with a big smile on his lips and two cups in his hands. Jonghyun looked to the lady and smiled even bigger. "But we love each other... A lot."

 

---

So, what do you guys think? Please, let me know ;~;