Final

Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(HeeChul’s Pov)

 

I sat lazily on the chair and adjusted my seat near to my table full of papers. Papers given by my students.

I, Kim Heechul, am a professor at SM University: a prestigious, well known university here in South Korea, famous for its high quality education and well-behaved students. I am working here for three years now, teaching the graduating students. And in every last week of the final semester, I give my students a simple task. Write an essay about what you loved towards the school, your block mates, and everything etc. Also what you hated and what you want to change. It is for goodbyes and preparation for graduating. What happens in school will remain in school. I don't want students to have hard feelings and bad memories before they started working for their own.

I started to read my students' works and god how they went so similar, saying 'I love this school and everything in it' 'I don't want to change anything' and other good things just to pass. I know the difference between the person saying the truth and who are not even if it's written. Jeez... I keep seeing this kind of answers each year.

And here I go for the paper of this guy. Cho Kyuhyun. The guy who transferred from SJ Academy: that academy who had most delinquent students and riots inside the school. He always sleeps in class, stare outside the window, does not listen to any lectures, and he looked ragged every day. He had eye bags; his hair looked like he doesn't know what a comb is; his uniform is a mess; he's always silent in class. All in all, he's not that good for a student here at SM University. Though he's a smartass too and always passes the exams and quizzes. He does his homework as well.

I proceeded at reading his essay in my uninterested state, eventually crumpling the paper from not caring for this student. It was already crumpled anyway. It seemed like water had wet this and just got dry. How neat, Mr. Cho...

 

 

 

Hi. I'm Cho Kyuhyun. 25. 88-liner. A transferee from SJ academy. I sleep in class. I kept losing my attention whenever the lecture starts. I often arrive late. Everyone hates me. I get judgmental stares every day. I receive threats and insults. I'm always alone. With those things, can I call my school days happy? Can I say I'm contented with this school? For the obvious matter of fact, I loved nothing in this school. I am disappointed with my block mates for shooting glares at me and firing rumors that I am taking drugs, that I am a part of some evil fraternities. Yes, I do things not really appropriate. LOTS of them. But they don't know the reasons why I am acting like this. Even you, Mr. Kim, don't know about anything. I know you won't read this anyway...

I was really a mess before. I am always involved into fights back when I was in SJ Academy. But I met Kim Ryeowook. You know who he is. He's an ace student here before until he suddenly dropped out. He changed me. Ryeowook did. He changed me a lot that I left my old life for him.

I loved him.

And currently loving.

I never knew how life could be so much better. Free from fights, violence, from the noisy environment... I never thought how simple things could be beautiful. I have never been so appreciative, profound, alive...loved. He showed me something that I couldn't see. He told me something that I never knew. Until I just found myself loving him and all of him. Ryeowook and I became a couple and lived life to the fullest as he continued his studies here. We also decided to live in together. It was all gorgeous. Memories of him, his smile, his cute frown, his flaws... He was just so perfect. Words are not enough to describe him. I would probably run out of adjectives if I continue. He was just too amazing. Too stunning, tempting, dazzling. His touches were extreme. Just a brush on my skin of his fingertips made me shiver. I was a ready-to-throw trash and yet he fixed me. He loved me without any second thought. Then I decided to leave my old academy and study in this university together with him. We had plans. Dreamed about the future after we graduate. I was about to enroll for the first semester back then when his condition went insane. I was frightened. I didn't know what to do. I'm no doctor to fix him. His sickness was rare. I don't know if there is a sickness like his in existence.

His heart randomly stops from beating.

When the first attack happened, I freaked out a lot. I cried the tears I didn't know I had. I thought I lost my only possession in life that kept me going. I hugged him, rocked him as I shook him, waking him up despite that I can't feel his heartbeat. I didn't know what to do. We were just sleeping and I woke up just to find him not breathing. It only went for almost a minute but it felt hell like hours. When he opened his eyes, god I swear I felt like dying of relief. Like I was carrying the whole world and it has been removed from my shoulders. I immediately rained kisses to him right after he stared breathing again. I suggested right away that we should take him to the doctor but he refused. From that day on, I lived with fear of losing him.

When we are waiting for the new semester to start, his attacks went on more often. That then pushed him to drop out his enrollment. I was supposed to do the same. But then he told me that I should continue studying. For us. For our dreams and future. I watched him become pale, thin, and frail, completely failing from persuading him to go to the hospital. I tried to keep myself strong. But every night, I always break down to tears while staring at his sleeping body. I was so terrified. I don't know if he would still wake up tomorrow. I don't know if I would be able to hug and hold him up all alive, breathing. I don't have any assurance if I could spend my tomorrow with him again. I don't know if he can still make it to our planned future. I don't know what will happen to me if I lose him. I would be nothing, back to being a nobody. A dust. Without him, god… I don't know how I'll end up. When the classes started, I was always lacking of sleep, just because I kept myself up every night just to watch him breathe. Just to listen to his heart beat that I'm scared will stop. I don't want to sleep because I am so afraid that I might wake up seeing his lifeless body beside mine. I often curse myself most of the nights when I fall into a deep slumber and missing the hours I can have with him. Shoving his hair, kissing his forehead and singing to him are so priceless for me. And I sometimes think that he knows I'm trying not to sleep just to watch him. In some nights when we cuddle to each other, he kept himself awake with me, telling me that he wasn't sleepy though his eyes where giving him away. Ryeowook was thinking of me too. He kept up with me, wanting the same thing: just to spend time with me. We didn't know when the attack will happen. He doesn't want to see doctors too. So we treasured our time a lot. We find sleeping a waste.

He always checks if I did my homework, asks if I already made friends. Obviously, I lied to him, tellin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter