Chapter 2

My Wolf Named Dragon
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Okay." I sighed as I looked at the injured creature and then at my surroundings.

"How am I gonna do this?" I asked myself. 

I gave the paw I was holding a gentle squeeze. 

"Okay. I am gonna try to put you on my back, but you got to help me a little bit. I don't think I can do it all by myself." 

It huffed again. 

"I know, I know, I don't understand why I am doing this either." I mumbled. 

Five minutes later, I was walking down the block with the dog on my back. 

"The only thing I am asking you is to not bite me please." I softly talked to it. 

It's face was right beside mine, as I kept an eye on it's snout where sharp teeth could be hiding.

It suddenly my cheek. My eyes widen and smiled a little. 

'I guess that's his way of saying that he wouldn't.' 

"Thanks." 

 

It took a little while trying to get my key out of my pocket while carrying him, but I did it. 

I kicked my front door closed and quickly locked it. I dropped my bag of snacks to the ground. 

I moved towards the couch. It had an old blanket on top of it. "Here, I am gonna put you down on this. Don't worry about getting it dirty, it's an old blanket, I have several others." I gently set the dog down, I winced as I heard it let out a little whine. "Sorry, sorry." I mumbled. 

I turned around, "Okay, I will be right back to get some medicine." I went to the bathroom down the hall. Got some medicine and bandages and old towels. I came back to find him in the same position I put him in. I sat down next to him started to clean his wounds. 

After making sure he wasn't too injured, I leaned back on the couch.

"Okay, done. Now all I can do for you is to let you rest." I felt a on my hand that was near his face. I looked down and smiled. 

"Your welcome." I stood up to throw the bloody towels in the washer. I stood there thinking if I should change my shirt. 

'Yeah, I better do.' 

I had another shirt over my tank top so I just took off the shirt and grabbed a hoodie from the just cleaned pile. 

I walked to my room to change into sweat pants. I came back with my hair down and noticed the bag of snacks on the floor. I got them and went to the kitchen. I grabbed two bottles of water, a bowl, a big bowl filled with snacks. I dimmed the lights and came back to the couch and sat down next to the dog. 

I set down the things on the coffee table in front of the couch and poured some water into the bowl and moved it to the mouth of him. 

"Here, I thought you might be thirsty." I waited only a little bit until he started to drink. I couldn't help but smile. 

"Thank you for trusting me. I am also trusting you to not go crazy and kill me, okay?" I said to the dog. 

It gave me another little huff. 

After, he finished the water. I set the bowl down realized that he might be hungry too. 

"Oh! Do you want something to eat as well?" I stood up to check my fridge. 

"I don't know if I have anything that might be good for you." 

"Oh! I got some rare cook meat? Will that be okay?" I came back to find his eyes locked on the meat.

I giggled. 

I came towards him and gave him the meat. He ate it up in one gulp. 

"Geez, chew a little, you might choke." He gave me another huff. 

 

"Since it's too early to go to bed, do you mind if I watched a movie?" I asked him. 

He just closed his eyes. 

I put in the movie and started to eat some of the snacks I brought out. 

Ten minutes later, I was into the movie when I felt something touch my leg. 

I jumped slightly, forgetting that there was something beside me. 

"Huh?" I looked down at the dog. 

I leaned towards him.

"What is it?" 

I saw it's eyes and they locked with mine. 

'Wow, for a dog, he has some beautiful eyes.' 

I was snapped out of the stare when he suddenly shook his head. 

"Does your head hurt?" 

He let out a little whine. I didn't know what to do so I scooted closer to him and gently laid his head on my lap. 

I started to rub his head. He stopped whining and let out a deep sigh. 

I smiled. "It that better?" He my free hand to answer. 

I giggled. "Cute." I went back to watching the movie while gently rubbing the dog's head. 

 

After a long moment when there was a dull scene, I turned my heads towards him. 

"Are you still awake?" 

He let out a breath in response. 

"What do I call you?" 

He opened his eyes to look at me. 

There was something in his stare that made me turn away. 

"Well, I don't know if you will stay here very long, but I just don't want to call you just 'Dog' or something like that while you are here." 

He seemed to think for a moment. I noticed his eyes looking around the room, then his eyes landed on something. 

I turned my head to see what it was. There was a drawing of a dragon that I made and had it framed. I had drawn it back in high school and I couldn't make myself throw it away. Now in my third year in college, I still like to look at it. 

I looked back down at him. "Dragon?" I suggested. 

He looked at him and gave me a little head nodded. I smiled at him. "Okay, then Dragon. Sound good. I'm Nikki by the way." 

He continued to stare at me.  I got lost in his stare once again. 

 

I snapped out of it when I heard a loud sound from the movie. I turned my head back to the screen while trying to calm down my blush. 

'Why the am I blushing!?! He's a freaking dog! Not a man!' 

I mentally hit myself as I tried to ignore the stare I felt coming from him. 

After five minutes, I ended up glancing down at him. He was still staring at me. 

"Okay, enough staring. I'm not that pretty. I'm sure that are many female dogs that look better than I do." 

I playfully covered his eyes. He started to growl softly. 

"Alright, alright. Just stop staring at me, it's a little weird." 

He rolled his eyes and closed them, getting comfortable once again. 

"That's better." I commented and continued with touching the soft fur on top of his head. 

When the movie was finished, I turned it off when the remote. I looked down at him. He looked like he was sleep. 

I sighed. 'How am I gonna get out of this one?' 

I tried to gently move away but stopped when I heard him growl. 

"Sorry. It's just my legs are a little numb.I need to get some of the weight off of them." I softly spoke to him. 

He huff moved closer to me. He started to nudge me to lean back. 

My eyes widen. "W-what are you doing?" 

He rolled his eyes at me again. 'He really loves to r

Please log in to read the full chapter