The World, My World

The World, My World - Myungsoo

The warm sun basked down Myungsoo’s shoulders as he walked hand in hand with you through the park. Gently swinging your hand between the two of you he couldn’t help but smile and think how perfect this moment is just with you. Leading you under a tree‚ Myungsoo sat on the grass as you sat between his legs and laid your back against his chest as you admired the beautiful park and perfect moment that you had together.

A few minutes later a man came walking by with a whispering voice as he talked through his phone. Dressed in all black with his hair slicked back as he walked slowly at first then picked up his pace when he raised his voice then slowed back down again. He stopped walking just before both of you came into his view.

"I want the bomb. Whatever it takes. I want it‚ I need it." His voice was desperate as Myungsoo looked from around the tree at the guy assessing if both of you were in any danger. "It isn’t just a regular bomb. It is a special bomb that holds a special gas and when mixed correctly it will spray and put people in this mind state where they obey your every command and I can be their leader." The man said with an evil tone as Myungsoo’s eyes widened at the event that he was witnessing.

"We need to get out of here ________." Myungsoo whispered turning back to you as you nodded in agreement. Taking your hand in his he knelt on his feet as you followed his lead. Waiting til the man turned his back‚ Myungsoo threaded his fingers through yours just before he got to his feet and pulled you along at an alarming rate down the sidewalk. The man that was on the phone turned around to see you both running away.

"Yah! Stop right there!" The man started to run quickly after you as he dialed another number and had him men cut both of you off at the edge of the park. Myungsoo and you ran quickly as you looked behind you to see the man slightly catching up. Myungsoo watched ahead as the black car quickly cut both of you off as he took evasive action as he pulled you to the side.

Both of you were wearing out and breathing heavily as your feet pounded against the hard concrete. The sound of the car engine revving up behind you made your adrenaline pump through your veins quickly as you both ran faster and Myungsoo pulled you into an empty store. Sitting right beneath the front window. You and Myungsoo sat closely together as you both tried to regulate your breathing.

Hearing the car breaks stop right outside of the shop. Myungsoo covered your mouth as he held his breath guiding your head to his chest slowly. Shots were fired as glass shattered in top of you as Myungsoo covered you protectively holding you tightly to his chest. The car squealed its tires as it darted away. Lifting his head slowly, he rubbed his fingers across your cheek as you lifted your head.

"Are you ok?" He asked quietly as you nodded, brushing off the shattered glass from his shoulders and hair. Looking over the edge of the window the coast was clear as Myungsoo got up and you took his hand again as you both walked back to the park.

The sun started to dip down as park came into view. Myungsoo’s phone started to ring, pulling the phone out of his pocket he answered the call thinking that it was from his company, but it was far from that.

"You know too much. We will have to eliminate you." Myungsoo pulled the phone away from his ear after the message from the unfamiliar voice.

"Who was that Myungie?" You asked wrapping your other hand around your intertwined ones.

"I don’t know." He said slowly as he looked down at you quickly. More squealing tires came around the corner as a van stopped right in front of you, three guys ran out and grabbed you as they pulled you into the van, kicking and screaming was no use against their strength as Myungsoo got two more guys on him  as he started to struggle against them. With no use he sat next to you in the van as they placed a rag over your mouth. It smelled funny as Myungsoo kicked the guy away from you.

"Get the injection ready." The guy said as the car swerved from side to side with each turn. Another man got two injections ready as they ripped your sleeve and injected you quickly as you clenched your jaw shut as a whimper barely made it out of your lips. Myungsoo hissed at the injection as his veins pulsated and bulged from his skin as you leaned against him feeling tired all of a sudden.

"Stay with me ______, stay with me." Myungsoo’s words were slow and slurred as he rested his head on top of yours as both of you fell unconscious.

The pounding of your head got worse as your eyes flickered open. Someone screaming behind you made you wince and want to hide due to the pain of your splitting head ache.

"Why were you in the park? What were you doing there? Are you working for someone? Who is it? I demand to know." The guy said as his voice seemed familiar to you. A jerk came from behind your back as Myungsoo let out a forced breath like he was just kicked in the stomach. With your hands tied behind your back and his as well, you both were tied together as your hand gently moved into his to let him know that you were ok. His hand squeezed yours back  lightly as you could feel his strength dwindling from him.

"Tell me now!" The familiar sounded guy said.

"I was just walking in the park with her and enjoying the afternoon. I have no idea what you are talking about." Myungsoo said quietly as he tried to regain his breath. Another guy walked around to you as he pulled you up by your hair and you whined painfully, but trying not to show pain.

"You going to tell me now?" The man said as Myungsoo looked over his shoulder at you.

"I told you, that is all I know!" Myungsoo got louder as the man slapped you around a little bit before setting you on the ground  holding his hand around your neck. "Sir, what is your name?"

"Why do you need that?" The man said as Myungsoo’s last attempt got a nibble.

"So I can call you by something." Myungsoo said as his hand gently searched for yours as he found it, you held it tightly.

"Mr. Sung." The man said

"Mr. Sung. Please let my girlfriend go. Give us some time to discuss what we know and in ten minutes we will tell you everything." Myungsoo reasoned as Mr. Sung nodded.

"If you weren’t such eavesdroppers you wouldn’t be in this position now would you?" Mr. Sung, the man that made the call in the park, said as he nodded at his man that held you as he let you go and you coughed for air. "We will grant you ten minutes." With that they shut the door and left you two alone in the stripped room.

"We don’t know anything though, it is only a matter of time til they come back." You panicked as Myungsoo looked around the room.

”________ I need you to get up and be quiet on the count of three. One. Two. Three.” Both of you stood up on his count as you both pushed against each other, hopping over to the door hinges, Myungsoo found a sharp edge of metal as he positioned both of you just right so he could cut the rope with an up and down motion. Once his hands were untied, he untied himself and you from around your ribs then your ankles. Tying the cut rope together, he looked out the window as he popped the window out of its loose fitting socket as it fell to the ground with shattering crash. Throwing the rope down the two story building, he nodded for you to go first as he his bleeding lip as you nodded, gently repelling down to the outside of the building.

The jingling of the locks  set Myungsoo off as he turned around as you focused on getting to the ground. Without warning, the men bust through the door and grab Myungsoo as you jump from the end of the rope.

"Run! Run!" Myungsoo called repetitively as you heard his faint orders and ran as fast as you could towards the chain linked fence.

Inside, Myungsoo fought against the guys as they brought him into the room where they kept the bomb that they were talking about earlier.

"Ah so we meet again." Mr. Sung said

"That wasn’t ten minutes." Myungsoo snarled as he wriggled in the tight hold of the men. Mr. Sung let out an evil laugh with his quirky smile.

"You think that I would really play by the rules." He let out a loud, evil chuckle. "You are sorely mistaken." Taking the bomb out of the case the men guided Myungsoo to a chair and strapped him in as Mr. Sung put a timer on the bomb. "Here will be your remaining three minutes." Setting the bomb on Myungsoo’s lap, the men left the room, leaving Myungsoo all alone with a bomb in his lap.

Once the door was shut, Myungsoo rolled the ball carefully down his legs setting it on the floor as he rocked the chair back and forth before he fell to the floor and the chair shattered in several pieces. Scrambling to his feet Myungsoo busted through the wooden door with his shoulder as the time ticked down on the bomb.

Running through the halls, Myungsoo quickly exited the building just as the bomb had less than thirty seconds left. You were trying to find your way out of the facility as Myungsoo grabbed your shoulders and wrapped himself around you as the blast lifted you and threw you against the ground as Myungsoo, once again, covered you. Pulling you closer to him, you could hear his rapid heartbeat as the debris from the now demolished building fell above you. Soft lips pressed against your forehead as his hand brushed against your dirt splattered face. Helping you up, you wrapped Myungsoo in a hug as he took your hands and both of you ran out the facility together.

Slowing down to a walk when you were a couple of miles away, Myungsoo and you sat down and caught your breath as you rested your head on Myungsoo’s shoulder.

"Thank you for getting me out of there." You whispered as you gripped his ripped shirt gently.

"Thank you for not giving up on me and staying strong." Myungsoo wrapped his arms around you, rubbing your bare arms with his fingers as you nodded.

"I guess we saved the world." You smiled into his shirt.

"I just saved you" Myungsoo looked down at you as you looked up at him confused. "You are my world, nothing is more important to me than you." He cupped your face with his hands as he gently pressed his bloodied lips onto yours as you closed your eyes slowly, letting this feeling wash over you as he held you closer to you as the moon cast its light down upon you as a new light burned with in both of you.