A date?!

Accidentally In Love

Hello, the name is Park Hae Rin. I am a high-spirited, zealous and a plain jane 17 year-old girl. Due to certain circumstances, I involuntarily enrolled in an elite high school filled with a bunch of smartasses, bratty, stuck up, and extremely rich kids. This school has its own rule made by the so-called wise student council president whereby they categorize students according to their status quo. Being a complete ignorant like I always do, I couldn't care less about their nonsensical rule. 

"Haerin, are you done yet?" A chirpy voice greeted me. Oh, it's Yuri. My best buddy in the whole wide world! *insert happy face* "What'chu talking about?" I asked her in a monotonous tone. "You were having a monologue inside your head, am I right?" She smirked. "Yeah I was just preparing an introduction about myself just in case I become famous" I sneered at her. "Ha ha ha, real funny. Jokes aside, you HAVE to help me with something after school. Pretty please!" She had a pitiful look on her face. How can I resist?! "Ugh fine. I'm only accepting your request because I don't feel like going for the stupid club meeting this evening!" I groaned loudly. "Is it really that bad?" Yuri asked with a gullible look on her face. I nodded while faking a sob. 

The hellish first day I had as the VP of the swimming club was impossible to put in words. Although I had been in the swimming club for almost 3 years now, sometimes I wish I joined the gardening club instead. The president persistently made all of us; the freshmen, juniors and even seniors ran 15 laps around the stadium, crushing the hopes and dreams of the freshmen who thought we were gonna start playing in the water on the first meeting. And I thought I had some privileges as the vice president. (OTL) Oh well I'm just gonna tell the pres that I'm having  diarrhea! 

 

*Later that afternoon*

 

We rode Yuri's Maybach on the way to God knows where. A few minutes later, the car stopped in front of the....... mall. I looked at Yuri in disbelief. "Why the heck are we here, Yuri?! You said you were in trouble?". She lets out a chuckle and gently replied, "Yes, you shall help me pick out a gorgeous outfit, okay?". At that moment I swear I wanted to plank my face on the ground. 

Nevertheless, Yuri dragged me into a super-expensive-looking shop and for some reason, while she picked out some outfits for herself, she pushed me into the dressing room and threw a bunch of dresses, skirts and tops. "WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" I yelled out impatiently. "Hehe it's for you to try on my dear best friend. Now less talky!" She whispered and shut the door. Why am I even doing this? But hey, this skirt is pretty kawaii. Ehehehey and this top too.  (These are all her monologues in her head while she's changing)

"Yah Haerin, you can come out now!" Yuri called out with a cheery voice. Slowly, I unlocked the door and walked out of the dressing room with a catwalk. "Daebaaaaak! You look amazing Haerin ah! You look completely feminine!" I slightly smacked her left arm and whined, "I have always been a feminine girl, you ninny". (just in case you're wondering, here's the outfit Haerin chose to wear)

                                                                                                          4da808dca39960e95d736dd5b045ce77.jpg   

After paying the stuff that we bought at the shop using Yuri's credit card as a token of gratitude for dragging the unwilling me into her own "problem", we rode her Maybach to God knows where (yet again). A few minutes passed, and all I could see was picturesque and beautiful flower petals falling gently from the trees lined up along the road. "Yuri, why do I feel like I'm on about to shoot a melodrama?" I gave her the furious look causing her to shriek. "Well, you're not entirely wrong though..". I looked at her with a pair of eagle eyes, "Then are you trying to say that I'm about to become famous?! MUAHAHAHA". "You're definitely pushing it" Yuri murmured softly. 

So there I was, sitting so innocently on the well-built steel bench on the sidewalk. The cool spring breeze brushed against my face and the relaxing melody made by the chirping birds made me feel as if I'm not even in South Korea. Elementary school kids walking side-by-side with their friends, letting out lively laughter cherishing every moment of their---- "Yah Haerin are you done imagining yourself as a poet looking for inspiration in the middle of the day?" Yuri whacked my arms with her purse. "Yahhhh that hurts! Is it wrong for a damsel in distress like me to enjoy the beautiful scenery even just for a while?" I whined while rubbing my aching arms. Yuri rolled her eyes and took out her cellphone.

"Ah!  They're on their way!" She blurted out. What? I didn't hear it wrongly, did I? "Yuri ah, did you just say... 'they're on their way'? Who are they?". Yuri's delighted smile slowly turned into a crooked smile. "Um.. you see.. I will be going on a date later..". *cue sound of shattered glasses on the floor* "My dear best friend, if you're going on a date, then WHY THE HECK AM I INVITED?" I growled. Yuri, not knowing what to say, just showed me her white smile sluggishly. 

Suddenly, a honking sound interrupted out tense atmosphere. The honking sound came from a black Lamborghini which stopped right next to where we were standing. "What's up ladies. Mind us joining you?" A familiar voice and figure greeted the two of us. Wait, not only it is familiar, it is waaaayyy too familiar for me. The guy took off his sunglasses, displaying another glasses. Yeap, it's him alright. He smirked and said, "What's with the look on your face, Park Hae Rin? Let's enjoy the day. Hop on, Yuri ah!" I look at him in disbelief. Baekhyun pushed his friend out of his car and let Yuri sit at the passenger seat. "You two. Have fun. Annyeong!" Baekhyun and Yuri simultaneously bid their farewell and drove off without looking back. 

"Heol." I sighed. I glanced at the guy next to me. He has a tall and slender body, kinda look like a basketball player. He has blonde hair with piercings on his ears. One look at him, I might have mistaken him as foreigner. But then I noticed something......

He flinched slightly from me. "Why are you looking at me like that?". I turned away quickly, pretending to be looking at the flower petals on the pavement. "You.. y-you seem familiar." Oh God, why am I stammering?! I waited for his reply for about 10 seconds and to my surprise he lets out a small chuckle. "I.. go to Seungri University". He responded while gazing into my eyes. What the heck is wrong with this guy?! Is there a need to stand so close?

"Are you surprised?" He said in English. I stood there, frozen by his words. No, more like I was frozen by the way he said it. It sounds so familiar. I feel like I've seen him somewhere before. Wait, he said he's studying here, in Seungri University?! It's definitely next to our school building. And did he just replied me in English?

"You sound like a foreigner. And d-d-don't stand so close to me!" Dang, I'm stuttering. He runs his fingers through his hair in an cocky manner and said, "Well, I come from Canada after all." This guy is a total pain in the . I sneered at him and replied, "Good to know, sunbaenim. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back home to do some errands-- hey wait!" He grabbed my wrist gently with his huge hand. "I didn't come here for nothing you know. The least I can do is take you out for dinner." He said without having an eye contact with me. 

"Yah, my parents taught me to not talk to strangers. I don't even know your name so let go of me!" I struggled to get out of his grip. But dang, I am as weak as a newborn kitten. "The name is Kris. 20 years old. Chinese-Canadian. Single and available." He ends his sentence with a weird smile which sends shiver down my spine. "I do not wish to know your relationship status, you ert." I exclaimed and pulled his huge hand away from me. I started walking along the sidewalk with Kris following from behind. "Where are we going?" He asked bluntly. I turned around to face him and looked up to him (since he's practically a huge guy) "You better treat me to an expensive dinner!" and I turned away from him while walking aimlessly. 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

What's gonna happen next? I'm curious too haha.

Do subscribe if you like this fic and comment me your thoughts. 

Thank you :)