Gift

Puppy Love

Daehyun hummed as he washed the dishes slowly rinsing off the soap. Joko was taking a nap right on his toes, though  Daehyun didn’t mind. 

Daehyun grinned seeing his puppy shift closer to him, trying to get more warmth. For Daehyun, they were like peas and carrots, peanut butter and jelly…etc .they were always together no matter what.

Actually, Joko sticked to him like glue since the events that happened 2 weeks ago. It wasn't only Joko, Daehyun was the same. He took Joko everywhere as well, even to his job. Not only was his puppy fearful, but so was Daehyun. They felt something was off, but they didn’t know what. Daehyun had been getting a eerie feeling of being followed and Joko had been more jumpy lately as well.

Daehyun continued to wash the dishes lightly running his right foot along his puppy’s back.

*bang, bang, bang*

A loud knocking emitting from the front door, startling Daehyun, making him nearly drop the plate in his hands.

Joko perked up. Suddenly the puppy ran towards the living room, trying to figure out who was at the door.

Daehyun took a deep breath, trying to keep cool. He dried his hands on his jeans and walked after his curious puppy. The banging continued, making Daehyun even more curious as he walked towards the knocking, ‘I wonder who is at the door…’

Daehyun opened the door, but just as he was opeing it he quickly started to close it.

"Daehyun!" Tiffany shouted, "Don’t close it!"

"I don’t have anything to talk about with you…" Daehyun tried to close the door, but Tiffany stuck her heel in the way of the door and  budged her way in the room.

Joko seeing who it was ran behind Daehyun.

"Daehyun, we need to talk!" Tiffany shouted as she ran her fingers threw her hair, trying to fix the messy strands. 

"Last time I tried to talk to you, you hung up," Daehyun glared at his ex-girlfriend. His whimpering puppy was still hiding behind his feet and peeking between Daehyun’s leg’s trying to see what was going on.

"I was angr—

"Honestly, I don’t care," Daehyung sighed, "Leave, please."

Daehyun opened the door once again, “I have nothing to hear from you.”

"Daehyun you can’t do that," Tiffany glared at the puppy behind Daehyun. Joko squirmed and tried to hide behind Daehyun's legs once again.

"I can. Tiffany you were cheating and to add to that you brought him to my house. Himchan told me how your friend confused him with Jonghyun…." Daehyun shook his head enraged at the thought of Tiffany being with someone else in his home.

"Who the hell is Jonghyun? Wait never mind. I don’t want to know, I am tired of this. I am shocked that you still think we can fix what we had? It’s obvious you don’t love me—"

"I do!" Tiffiany shouted.

"No, you don’t!" Daehyun shouted.

"How can you love me if you don’t respect our relationship? But that’s the least of what I care about.  One thing is for sure Tiffany, I will never forgive you for what you did to Joko!" Daehyun gritted his teeth.

"He is just—"

"He isn’t just a dog! He is Joko important to me! I love him!" Daehyun shouted.

Tiffany took a step back, raising her brow in the same time, “Love? Really…a dog?”

Daehyun bit his bottom lip slightly embarrassed, “Look, Tiffany—”

"Do you really love your dog more than me?" Tiffany asked, digust cringing her face.

Daehyun scoffed, he hated how she twisted everything.

“Yes. Because I know he will always be loyal to me.” 

Daehyun opened the door wider.

“Now please go before I have to call security.”

"You’ll regret this," Tiffany growled.

How could he prefer an animal over her? Tiffany couldn’t believe his audacity, his childishness. She was enraged. They were going to get married. How this all end like this?

"You said that last time too, but I didn’t and I won’t now. Now leave. I don’t ever want to see you again." Daehyun glared at his ex-lover.

"Don’t worry you won’t see me after this…and I’ll make sure of that," Tiffany had a sly smirk on her face.

Tiffany flipped her hair and stormed out of the the room, she made sure to slam the front door as she left.

Daehyun sighed. He made sure to lock the door and he dragged his feet towards the couch and let himself fall on it.

Joko quickly followed his owner and jumped onto the couch, snuggling close to Daehyun.

"Joko..what are you doing?" Daehyun asked as he hugged his fluffy yellow dog.

Joko his owner's face and buried his face deeper into Daehyun chest. Daehyun smiled at his dog, who always knew what to do to make him feel better.

~~~~~~~

Daehyun sighed for the fifth time staring aimlessly at the field in front of him.

"Hey, what’s wrong?" Yongguk asked.

"Nothing…" Daehyun sighed again with a deep frown on his face.

Himchan rolled his eyes, mad that he was in the other end of the bench so he couldn’t reach Daehyun to smack him on the head.

"Something is obviously wrong…you didn’t want the ice-cream Yongguk offered you…" Himchan slightly snickered.

"True, you never ever reject food," Yongguk noted as he stared at the field.

The puppies and his kitten were a few feet away from them playing around.

"Zelo don’t go too far!" Yongguk called out.

"Are you going to tell us or not?" Himchan asked annoyingly.

Daehyun pouted, “Channie hyung you can be nicer about this…”

Himchan shook his head frustrated with Daehyun.

"Fine…ugh…Tiffany came the other day—"

"What did she do?" Yongguk asked.

"Did she hurt Youn…Joko again?" Himchan quickly fixed his mistake.

"I’m just so mad at myslef.." Daehyun frowned not catching Himchan’s mistake," Youngjae was right…" 

~~~~~~

"Youngjae hyung what's wrong?" Jongup asked as he bit his hyungs ear.

Youngjae sighed as he laid on the grass, letting the brown puppy chew his ears and Zelo play with his tail.

"Daehyun is sad and I don’t know how to make him happy… before when I was a human I would buy him food…and he would automatically get happy…" Youngjas sighed, "But I’m a dog…I can’t get him food or anything…"

"That’s not true…" Zelo grinned widely as he tried to grasp his hyung’s tail, "You can get him food!"

"What do you mean Zelo?" Youngjae asked curisously.

"You can get him a BIRD! Yonggukkie hyung LOVES birds!"  Zelo said as he nibbled on his hung tail.

"Ow...Zelo how do I get him a bird? OW! Zelo stop! OW!" The yellow labrador pulled his tail away from the feisty cat.

"OH!OH!" Jongup barked excitedly, "Himchan loves rats! Every time I catch a rat at our house he gets really happy!"

"Hmmm I think he is more happy about getting those rats due to the rat infestation in the building…." Zelo mumbled to himself though he wished he was in Jongup’s place, a rat sounded very appetizing to the little kitty.

"Hmmmm.." Youngjaee place his paw on his nose, "Are you guys sure Daehyun will like it?"

"YEAH!" this friends cheered.

(10 minutes later)

"No Himchan you are wrong—"

Daehyun sighed closing his eyes at the same time. He was tired of hearing Himchans nagging and Yongguks rants about his ex, he especially did not like how Himchan and Yongguk described in detail what they would do the next time they saw her.

Suddenly Daehyun felt something wet and slimy on his jeans, then a loud bark made him jump.

“Joko?” Daehyun found his dog sitting in front of him wagging his tail next to his friends.

“What are—WHAT IS THIS!?” Daehyun shouted once he saw the dead bird on his jeans.

Yongguk smacked his head, knowing the cat was the one with the brilliant idea, “Zelo…”

“Calm down, Daehyun,” Himchan sighed, “It’s a gift.”

“A GIFT?” Daehyun eyed at his friend like he had grown a second head.

“Joko knows you have been feeling down, but he didn’t know what to do and well his animal instincts probably kicked in and Joko probably thought by giving you the bird as a gift so you would be happy since... he got it for you to eat?” Himchan questioned the last part, he  didn’t know what was on the puppy’s head nor in Jongups and Zelos.

Daehyun nodded, trying to grasped what was going on.

“Zelo does it all the time. He probably thinks I haven’t been eating well and he scoops up what ever animal he can get like a rat since he knows I wouldn’t be able to catch my own meal.” Yongguk chuckled remembering when Junhong tried convincing him that he was just following his instincts.

“Oh…” Daehyun  carefully examined the dead bird on his lap, “Joko this..this is……. hmmmmm….THE NICEST THING ANYONE HAS EVER DONE FOR ME!”

"He really is an idiot…” Himchan mumbled.


A/N: Hi guys! SORRRYYY SORRRY! 

I have been gone for a long time huh?

Funny thing is....I didn't have a computer until like 2 weeks ago

it's tough getting back into writting again...