CL

Tamtam and Rilakkuma

"Another invitation for another fashion party tomorrow? How great. As if they don't have a better date to send it? Day minus one? Where is Yanggeng when i need him.." Chaerin threw the hard paper to the sofa, making it fall precisely next to Dara. She then rushed to her walking closet with her iPhone in one ear. 

   "Happens all the time" Dara thought, letting out a chuckle. 

Dara was being her usual self that night; watching dramas with a bowl of her favourite popcorn.  Noticing Chae's voice and the sound of clothes being thrown here and there from afar, she scooted a little to see a better view of Chae looking frustrated. Dara loved this look of Chaerin..

She loved how Chae throws her long sleek black hair to the back with her long fingers running through her head, she loved how her forehead crinkles, making perfect lines above her eyes, just between her perfectly arched eyebrows.. no, Dara loved every emotion Chaerin lets out from her mind. 

Dara stole glances every once in awhile - Chae's busy mode draws a lot about her. She liked studying every detail about Chaerin, she tries so hard to find her flaw yet she isn't the best in doing that. But Dara thinks, every move Chaerin makes brings them further away. Chaerin had a lot of things to do, she had to be CL most of the time, and she had been busy with her solo lately. And there's absolutely nothing Dara can do about this. Strictly business. 

Dara was scared. She's scared of Chaerin being too busy, leaving her and forgetting about things Chae shouldn't. She was scared of Chae forgetting the touches that she gave to her, the tense eye contact that confuses Dara whenever they're alone together. She was scared of Chae not being able to make time for her anymore, even for a minute. Dara was not needy, Dara was only scared of losing something precious. 

Dara stood up and approached CL in the walking closet who was still doing the same thing, the only difference was she wasn't on the phone with Yanggeng anymore, so despite the fact that she's still frustrated (which Dara didn't mind at all) She was available for a conversation.

"Chae," Dara said softly, leaning in to the wall looking at Chaerin who seemed like she was looking for something. "Unnie, have you seen my red leather jacket? I swear i've put it back, did someone wear it? God do i have to attend this? Out of all the dates why tomorrow? God kn-" Chae didn't glance to Dara even a bit, her eyes were focused on the hanging clothes in front of her, skimming through it piece by piece; Chaerin was busy. "Chaerin," Dara's throat was a bit dry, wanting to say words that she couldn't even build to a good sentence mixed with the salt from the popcorn. She chuckled a bit to loosen up Chae's frustration, "yah Chae, just wear anything available in front of you, it wasn't long ago you wore that anyway, probably still with the dry cleaning lady". Chae sat down and looked up to Dara. That one sentence and her smile was more than enough to make Chae OK again.

Frankly, that wasn't what Dara wanted to say. She wanted to say how scared she was to lose her, but her brain didn't let her do it. She didn't want to take risks.

---

"Unnieya! come with me tomorrow to the event, alright? alright! CL needs her partner in crime!" before Dara could answer, Chae smiled and walked away confidently back to her room, as if she already knew the answer. She left Dara feeling confused, but jittered in a good way. Dara felt relieved knowing that Chaerin didn't forget about her partner in crime. She felt like the marks she made inside Chaerin didn't fade afterall. Dara was ready to go all out for CL the next evening. She really liked CL, how she has this amazing mindset about girls, how she talks to her friends, how she dressed, the way she raps, the way she walks, and so on. But Dara knows best that inside, CL is Chaerin who likes to give her butterfly kisses, the girl who doesn't give a damn about make up at home, the girl who cooks instant noodles with the spicy powder scattered all over the pantry, the girl who likes to compare her favourite caramel popcorn with Dara's favourite cheese popcorn, and so on. But it's all OK, because CL lets Dara's fiere side out of her. And the best part is, Dara feels safe with both of them.