First Date...

First Date

I bit my lip as I roamed about the living room. I was set and ready-to-go but my heart kept beating faster and faster as every minute passed by that I might collapse any moment and consider staying home. But I can’t! He asked me to go out with him on this particular day and I can’t say no to that! I mean, this is HIM we’re talking about! It’s not just any other guy…it’s HIM!!!

Ding Dong~

My heart almost burst…

Omo! Is this him already? Should I open the door now? Am I really ready for today? Aish! Eotteohke??? >.<

After arguing with myself for what seemed like eternity, I finally walked up the door. I wiped my sweaty hands on my plain 3-sistered skirt before the turning the knob open. I breathed heavily as I opened the door and stood agape at the perfection before me.

“Jaerin!”

Blinking my eyes and pinching my cheeks, just to make sure that all this is not just a dream, I smiled.

“Ch-Chanhee…sunbae!”

“Aish, pabo! How many times do I have to remind you to just call me Chunji? And no more ‘sunbae,’ aracchi?”

He ruffled my hair and giggled. The way he smiled made me calm down…made my whole body relax. I never knew he could have that effect on me!

“So, you ready to go?”

Grabbing my purse by the table, I smiled and nodded at him. He slightly pulled me by my wrist and led me to a parked car by the curb. It was a yellow-colored, top-down Volkswagen beetle.

“Is this yours, Chunji…ssi?”

“Deh! Sweet ride, huh?”

He smiled as he opened the passenger door for me. Climbing on to the other side of the vehicle, he started the engine.

“The sun’s rays are not that hot today so I decided to take this with me so we can both enjoy the cool breeze.”

“Where are we going anyway?”

“Well…uhm…a friend of mine told me about this amazing place a year ago and I’ve been visiting the place ever since. I like to drive or walk around there whenever I have the time. The place is really great so I’m sure you’ll like it too!”

The rest of the car ride was silent…not the awkward type of silent but it was silent in a way that says…“You don’t need to say anything…Being here with you makes my life complete.” <3

Moments later, after making a right curve, a flower petal fell on my nose. Looking up, I smiled as I saw cherry blossom trees towering over us.

“It’s amazing, isn’t it?”

I nodded in approval as more petals fell on us. It felt kind of…romantic!

He parked the car by the end of the of the cherry blossom road. We both got out and he led me to a small opening not far from where the car cooled down. The sight bedazzled me. There was a mini pavilion in the middle and around it grew different types of flowering plants. Farther away from the pavilion was a small path with a number people by it. The kids were biking, skating, or simply running around; mothers rolling their baby’s prams; joggers coming from every direction; and other people sitting by the benches. All of them looked happy and at peace.

“This has been my favorite place nowadays. The people around here are very friendly and this is where I could usually find some peace of mind.”

It was just a normal park, the same with the ones near my house. I’m not one who’s fond of walking around in the park and hang out but I can feel that this place had a different feel to it.

We spent the rest of the afternoon meeting and hanging out with new people and just idly walking around the place. We joined the other children by the playground and chased after each other until we tired ourselves out. We ate some ice cream and dipped each other’s noses with it. We sat by the grassy areas and just talked about random stuff.

Without realizing it, the sun had already began to set and it was already time for us to go back home. Once again driving through the cherry blossom path, I was still amazed at how the petals showered on us. It reminded me of some special event…like…a wedding?

Aish! Pabo! Stop thinking nonsense! What wedding? You don’t even know if he’s in love with you or whatever! Arrgh!!! >.<

It wasn’t long before the car stopped by our front porch. No lights from inside the house were on power.

No one’s home yet? Waeyo?!?!?! T_T

Despite my persuasion, Chunji insisted on walking me to the front door. Before I was able to turn the knob, I was caught by surprise when he held my waist, turned me around, and made our lips collide. Slowly closing my eyes, I started to feel so weak and helpless that my knees got wobbly. A little while later, I was finally able to catch my breath and, with my eyes still closed, I buried my face in his shoulders.

“Pabo, Chunji-ssi! That was my first kiss!”

His hand rested on the back of my head as he whispered into my ear.

“That was my first kiss too.”

I started giggling as I pulled away from him.

“I really had fun today, Chunji-ssi…I hope we can do this again next time.”

I hinted a bit of embarrassment as he scratched the back of his head.

“Listen, Jaerin. Uhm…I had fun too…but I, uhm…”

Wait…“BUT”??? What is this? He just kissed me on our first date and he’s already breaking up with me? What a…

“I was planning on taking you to the newly-opened amusement park this next week. I heard the rides there are pretty cool. Well, that is, if you’re not busy or anything…”

…jerk???

“But it’s okay if you can’t go…I mean…I’m not forcing you…”

I squealed inside. I smiled at him as my body began moving on its own and I ended up hugging his neck.

“Of course I’d love to go with you! I loooooooove amusement parks!!!”

He drove off a little while later as I entered the house. *sigh*

And here I was thinking he was a complete jerk! Well…a romantic one at that! Now…what should I wear for next week? Hmmm…

“Jaerin, aiya~ We’re home!!!”

I jumped at the sound of my mother’s shriek and father’s loud footsteps by the door. If they’ve just arrived, then…did they…??? O_O

“I just knew I had the perfect timing when I insisted on buying new clothes for you! I think you would look great at the amusement park next week!”

Yep…they heard it… -_-

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think, okay???

And...by the way...

this wasn't thoroughly proofread so...

bwahahahaha!!! xDDD