A Wash and A Grudge

Band Of Brothers

-JI HYO POV-

After yesterday's revealation of results, it was big thing to us as the next day. We were going for camp the next day with the entire orphanage. 

"AH!!!!" BOB ran into our girls' room and screamed about as though they were high on drugs. Covering my head with my blanket to cover the noises, they started jumping on my bed. I felt like my bed was going to collapse. Pissed, I finally shot up and hushed them. I headed to the toilet and washed up when they suddenly barged in while I was brushing my teeth. 

"YAH! I AM A GIRL! OUT NOW!" I screamed. From behind BOB, I saw Eun Hye looking at Jong Kook. I used my foot and kicked them out. 

Quickly, I changed and took my bagpack and headed down for breakfast. I saw Mansik and smiled to him but he just looked away. 

Sitting down and having breakfast, I felt so sleepy. 

"FIRE!" Jae Suk screamed and I got a shock and whacked him. 

"GATHER IN 15 MINUTES!" The teacher waved an arm and headed to the parade square. Joong Ki took my plate and kept it for me. Walking beside him, I talked to him about results.

"How was it?" I asked him initially.

"What?" He asked me, flashing his killer smile. 

"Results," I said. I observed and he didn't look so happy but told me eitherway. 

"30 out of 100 in the level." He said, putting his hands in his pocket. 

"Try harder!" I said and did a bro fist with him. Standing in our rows, we waited patiently. After a briefing and all, we boarded the buses. They all got settled down. I was left with Gary. However, Joong Ki sat beside Gary and I sat beside Jae Suk. On the ride there, I fell asleep as my favourite songs played from my handphone. 

Waking up, I was startled to see where we were. Mountains with ice caps surrounded us but the trees passing us were all yellow, brown, orange and red. It was autumn with winter. When I woke up, Jae Suk and I started conversing. We talked about many things. About mom and dad. About BOB. About Mansik and his response when I handed him the red packet. We were talking halfway about how I study when the bus stopped and the teacher told us to get down. Rushing ahead, Jong Kook helped clear the way for BOB to alight first. I was walking out when Mansik stuck his leg out and tried to trip me but Jong Kook held me so I didn't fall. Jong Kook was about to say something but I pushed him ahead and he continued instead. 

"What was he doing?" Jong Kook asked us. "We actually helped him by giving him $100!" 

"Maybe he misunderstood our intentions?" Joong Ki suggested. 

"But I clearly told him our intentions..." I said, a little depressed.

"Come on! It is camp. Don't bother with someone like him!" Jae Suk said as he cheered us up with his dance. Then Gwangsoo did his creaky dance which really made us laugh out loud. Walking along, my mind somehow wondered to what Mansik could be thinking about. 

We reached a campsite where we played some activites such as tug of war, catching, dog and bone and dodgeballs. Our team won most of the activites so we had a lot of points. Night came and we sleeped in a hotel that day. Because of the fact that there were 4 other girls in the same room as me back in Seoul, I had to sleep alone. Sleeping alone was freaky but I played music all night long softly so they were very comforting. Before I slept, I texted the group. 

"My legs are so tired... Save me :(" And I went to bed. 

Next morning, I heard a knock on the door. Sleepy, I asked the person to return again and I went back to sleep. I opened the door to go find Jae Suk but I saw Gary outside. Leaning against the wall, he had fallen asleep. 

"Gary oppa!" I shook him lightly. He slowly opened his eyes and he woke up.

"Ji Hyo!" He said, getting up and straightening his attire. 

"What are you doing outside?" I asked him, shocked. 

"I knocked on your door just now and you said come back again so I waited here." He said, putting his hand at the back of his head. 

"How long have you been here?" I asked him, at the same time, inviting him in.

"About 2 hours?" He said and I got a shock. "Anyways, you were complaining that your leg is tired so I am here to help you. Sit!" He said and pat the edge of my bed. Sitting, he went into the bathroom and got a pail of water out. He sat down on the floor as he washed my leg and massaged it.

"You worked as a leg masseur before?" I asked him.

"Nope. My parents they..." He pasued before continuing."They own a massage company. It was runned by my father until he ran away. It was then handed to my grandfather. He always massaged my leg and taught me how to do it. Until he passed on and I came here. I have a big deal of money in my bank as my grandfather sold the company at a very high price and left all of my mother's will and his will to me. He didn't trust his other daughters and son-in-laws to look after me so after he died, his will settled that I will be in this orphanage." 

"You are good!" I complimented him after he was done. 

"Thanks! Look, do you want to go down for breakfast together?" He asked me and he put his hands together.

"Sure. In 10?" I asked him. 

"Here in 10 minutes," He said and walked back to his room. 

10 minutes later, we met up and went down for breakfast. Today's itinery will be tiring too. We will be sleeping at the campsite belonging to this hotel and having breakfast here again the next day. The entire day was tiring. Pitching tent was hard and I had to sleep alone again. Haish... 

"Where's my shoe?" Joong Ki asked. 

"Mine too!" Gwangsoo shouted.

"Mine is missing too!" Suk Jin shouted.

"Where's mine? Jae Suk did you take it?" Jong Kook asked. 

I realised that mine was missing too. The entire BOB's shoes were missing. We split up to look around. I went to the basin area and shouted out for them.

"BOB!" I shouted, staring into a bucket. 

"Which bastard did this?" Jae Suk cursed. Joong Ki took the bucket and poured the contents out. Our shoes were soaked in a pail of water. 

"Mansik!" Suk Jin said silently to us. "I saw him outside Jong Kook's tent just now but he smiled to me so I didn't think anything was wrong.

"What happened?" Mansik then walked over with Bosses.

"Haha! What happened?" Sang Gu asked in a fake tone.

"Why did you do it Mansik? We were so nice to you!" I told him, stepping forward. 

"You heard my dirt now, this is revenge!" He said. "Thanks for your $100 though."

"What do you mean?" I asked him, confused.

"Everything yesterday was for show. I had to hug you for show. It was to let your go mad and confused about me. When you let your guard down, I can attack your!" He said, kicking our shoes.

"We gave you money!" Joong Ki voiced out.

"Come on! Seriously? Now you know about my family! I cannot let your go around sprouting nonsense and spreading rumours!" He said. 

"Heol! Like we want to know a about you. This person!" Jae Suk cursed at him. Mansik was enraged. He was about to raise his fist when Gong Chul held him down as the teacher walked over. 

"What is all these commotion about? BOB! Why are your shoes wet?" Mr Kim asked us.

"Ask someone!" Gary said with swag. 

Mr Kim looked at Bosses and the entire Bosses looked down. Mr Kim asked all of them to meet them and asked us to go back to our tents first. 

Later, sandals were delivered to us. Mrs Kim went to the store in the hotel and bought us sandals. It will be included in our yearly payment though. Keeping our tents sealed tight now, we couldn't stand anymore chances. As I slept, I felt so restless. Why can't Mansik just let go of this grudge. Some petty man.

"Ji Hyo! Time to wake up!" Eun Hye, ped my tent and dragged me up. 

"Ok. See your at breakfast area later..." I said as my mind was half awake. When I got out of the tent, I was one of the last few. I washed up and packed my bag. I placed my bag at the concierge with everyone else. I wanted to go to the washroom but everyone was queuing for the one near the breakfast area so I headed to the poolside one. Since the pool is beside the breakfast area. After relieving myself, I felt so good. I then walked back to the breakfast area. Walking along the pool, I saw Mansik walking towards my direction. He wasn't looking at me. I just continued walking. However, suddenly, he smiled to me and bumped me so hard that I lost my balance and went flying into the pool. 

"JI HYO AH!" Someone screamed as I tried to get my head together. 

I stood on the floor of the pool and rubbed my eyes. I saw Bosses and BOB standing opposite each other and sending daggers through their eyes. I got out of the pool with the help of Jae Suk. Shivering, I was cold. Jae Suk ran into the breakfast area and called the teacher. 

"Mansik! I cannot do this anymore. I am calling your sister." Mr Kim said as he dialled a number and called his sister over. As the other students continued with their activities, Bosses and BOB sat at the poolside waiting for his sister. I had no more clean clothes. And no more dry clothes. The shop was unluckily closed today. Shivering, Jae Suk hugged me. Mr Kim gave Mansik a lashing that was so scary. 

Suddenly, a lady came. We waited for about 15 minutes but the ride here is about 2 hour 30 minutes. She must have took the train instead. A lady walked in. She is pretty. She looked like a goddess. 

"Hi. I am Mansik's older sister. So Hyun. May I know what happened?" She said calmly. 

I explained to her without missing a single detail to even what happened last night and even why I used the toilet outside. 

Mansik was given his chance to speak too. His sister remained silent all the way. After hearing everything, she looked at me. What came next was so surprising. So Hyun gave Mansik a tight slap across his face that his face turned red and he actually stumbled. 

"Noona?" Mansik screamed. 

"Mansik. I work so hard to put you here to have proper discipline. You weren't like this. Father and Mother is gone. Let it go. I thought that you had changed after you bought me the phone. I was so glad. Where did the money come from?" She asked Mansik.

"They... gave... it... to... me after hearing Mr Kim talk to someone." He said, his head hanging low. 

"Mansik! How could you bully a girl. If it was not a girl, I may not have come but she is a 10 year old girl. I know that you are angry that mom bullied dad which led to their car accident but I am your sister and I am a girl. Are you going to bully your sister now?" She asked as tears came to her eyes. 

"I hate how mom fought with dad in the car and we were in an accident. We were lucky to survive before the car blew up! Ji Hyo looks like mom! That's why I hate her!" He finally blew his top and said his true feelings. "She is too much like mother. Looks, personality." He finally cried. 

"Ji Hyo. Unnie apologise to you and your friends for his behaviour. I am sorry." So Hyun turned to us and bowed almost 90 degrees. 

I never thought I'd see a bully like this. While So Hyun bowed to us, Mansik, crumbled to his knees and kneeled to us and his sister. 

"Noona. I was wrong. I am sorry. Please don't cry." He said on his knees as he held So Hyun's hands. 

We were all shocked. Slowly, I offered a hand to Mansik. 

"We accept your apology. Please get up." I whispered to him. He looked up at me. I saw a look of me when I saw my parents' car blow up. I offered a hand. He looked at So Hyun and she nodded. He finally grabbed my hand and got up. I gave him a hug and whispered to him," Sorry. We cannot choose where we come form. However, we can choose where to go from there..." 

Letting go, I then shook all the hands of Bosses. Gary followed after me and the entire BOB did too. After we did that, to our slight surprise, Bosses all bowed to us. 

"Sorry." They said at once. 

"Sorry. We accept your apology." We bowed slightly too. 

There, we resolved all our grudges, our problems... Finally smiling. All of us. I walked So Hyun out and thanked her for everything. Today was a rough day but it was a good day...