After Love

After Love (Sequel to Love in Vain)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Love

I should have treated you better.

(Love in Vain Seongyeol Version)

 

Someone ever said something like this to him; ‘Regret always come late’.

Yes you could deny it; you could choose not to believe it. But Seongyeol thought it’s true.

 

Standing alone at the company annual celebration party’s ballroom; taking a sip of drink while watching people dancing to the music like this made Seongyeol felt lonely.

People were passing by; greeted him but Seongyeol didn’t take it too much thought. Something bothered his mind since the party was begun.

 

Last year, he attended this party with Gyuri. Seongyeol sighed.

 

Seongyeol tried to entertain himself by walking around. He walked to balcony. But what he saw at there just to make his wound opened up again.

 

“Gyuri…” Seongyeol whispered softly to himself. The name came up with flooded memories. It was hurting him more.

 

The view in front him didn’t help either. Gyuri, the one who he ever loved for eight years before, was talking with another guy. The way she laughed made Seongyeol relieved but also made his heart broken a little at the same time.

 

“At least she kept her word to be alright.” Seongyeol chuckled bitterly.

He remembered that Gyuri loved party like this so much. She liked to be center of attention for her Goddess look. She loved to dance to the music.

……………………………………

“Yeol, Let’s dance! I love this song so much.” Gyuri jumped in excitement when she heard a song she liked.

Seongyeol quickly shook his head, refused to do it so hard. It made Gyuri pouted.

 

“You always refuse to dance with me.”

“You knew it, I’m a bad dancer.” Seongyeol patted Gyuri’s hair softly.

 

“It will not hurt to try. I know it you are not that bad.” Gyuri swung Seongyeol’s arm; trying her aegyeo which did not suit her much. She always was the elegant one.

Seongyeol chuckled. It was one of the only moments that Gyuri would try something she dislike so much. She hated to do aegyeo.

 

“But it will hurt you if I step on your feet. You don’t like it when your shoes are dirty, right?” Seongyeol smiled widely at her as much as he liked to see Gyuri’s rare agyeo.

“Aah…aah… come on, Yeol. I know you have improved since the last time you danced with me.”

………………………………………………..

 

If Seongyeol knew it, he would give his entire effort to accompany her dance as much as she wanted to. Seongyeol would take extra time to learn dance sooner if he knew it would end soon, for Gyuri who always believe in him no matter how terrible he danced.

 

But it was all too late. Now, Gyuri’s hand was held by other guy. She was dancing with another man. She looked happy for it. Of course, that guy didn’t step on her feet like Seongyeol did.

………………………………………..

“Is this the same bed of mine?”

Seongyeol his empty side bed sheet while lying on the bed. He stared, thinking too much. It has been several times of days and weeks for Seongyeol thought of that.

 

“Why does it feel bigger than usual?”

………………………………………………………

 

“Ugh,.. Yeol… move further. You got your side there. I’ll be falling soon if you are lying down this close to me.” Gyuri tried to kick Seongyeol away from her.

“Ah… I don’t want it. I want to sleep closer to you.” Seongyeol stubbornly hung on Gyuri’s waist and snuggled his nose near her neck.

 

“Yah, I’m not going anywhere even if you sleep further than me. “ Gyuri chuckled, gave up to push Seongyeol away from her.

“But you will be on business trip for two weeks by tomorrow.” Seongyeol pouted.

 

Gyuri laughed. “Isn’t that why I’m coming sleep over at your place?”

“Can you not go?”

Gyuri smiled seeing Seongyeol’s childish act. She decided to steal a kiss on the pouting lips of Seongyeol.

“Pabo (Stupid)”

 

Seongyeol stared at her with a bright flashing pair of eyes. Suddenly he grabbed Gyuri closer and kissed her deeply.

………………………………………………..

 

It was indeed felt bigger than before for Seongyeol. For eight years, he used to have Gyuri came to sleep over his place often.

 

Seongyeol sighed.

Eight years, it was really not an easy thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter