~Noona Neomu Yeppo~

~Noona Is Mine~

One night, Joshua's little sister came by to visit, as she always did every month. She was just about 6 months older than me, but you would've never guessed at first glance since she was a few inches shorter than me. But once you talked to her, she definitely did act like a noona. She was the most mature person I've ever met. Noona was beautiful in every way. She was smart, talented, charming, and kind-hearted. And she was my noona.

That night, noona was staying in the room next door to mine. It was that time of month that she would stay over and make dinner and breakfast for us. We told she didn't have to, but she wanted to. Though, she always took extra care of me since I was the first dongsaeng she met. So that means she was my noona. Not Samuel's, but mine.

I couldn't sleep. The overwhelming feeling in my chest has been getting tighter since she came here. I quietly got down the bunk bed and into the halls. Before I knew it, I was in front of her door. Everyone else was asleep, so I figured she would be too. But it's still polite to knock. I knocked softly, afraid to wake up everyone else. She answered the door and smiled. "What's wrong Hansollie?" I blanked out and started blushing. "I-I-I can't sleep. C-Can I s-stay here w-with you?" I asked, nervousness running through my blood. She smiled and let me in. She grabbed an extra pillow from her closet and laid it down next to hers on the bed. "Go ahead." I looked at her with large eyes. "A-a-are you sure?" She sat down on her side of the bed and smiled. "Of course Hansollie~ I'm not going to have you sleep on the floor. She motioned for me to lay down next to her. I took a deep breath in and laid down. She smiled as she turned off the lamp on the side table. "Goodnight Hansollie~" She whispered as she closed her eyes. "G-goodnight noona~"

I still couldn't sleep. My heart was pounding even harder now. I closed my eyes for the nth time that night and laid down on my back. I felt noona move beside me and her arm softly went around my waist. "Sleep now Hansollie~ You have school in the morning~" She warned me. "N-ne noona." I looked over at her. Thank goodness her eyes were closed or else she would see that I was blushing extremely hard. The moonlight that was coming in slightly through the curtains shined on noona's face. She was so beautiful. I blushed a tad bit more as I move to face her and wrapped my arm around her waist as well. "I-Is this alright noona?" I asked, making sure she didn't feel uncomfortable. "It's fine as long as you sleep." I nodded and fell asleep. That was the best night of sleep I've had in years.

The next time noona came over to visit, the same thing happened again. I wouldn't be able to sleep, so I slept in noona's room. This night, however, her back was to me since she was already asleep when I came in. She already told me it was fine earlier that night if I came in when she's already asleep. I wrapped my arm around her waist and rested my hand on her stomach. My hand moved from every breath she took. I was so happy. I buried my face into her neck and inhaled her light cherry blossom scent. I felt noona's hand come up to mine on her stomach and she intertwined our fingers. "Sleep now Hansollie~" She whispered tiredly. I nodded and closed my eyes.

Later on that night, I woke up from hearing strange noises from noona's tv. I opened my eyes and noona's face was mere centimeters away from mine. Her arm was wrapped around me and her forehead was slightly touching mine. I couldn't breathe. She was too close. Yet, I was extremely happy. She opened her eyes and smiled. "Still can't sleep Hansollie?" She asked quietly. I nodded, not being able to say a word. Her soft fingers brushed my fringe to the side so she could see my face. "Here~ this is what Joshua-oppa would do to help me sleep when we still lived in America." She kissed my forehead lightly and kept her lips there. "Sleep now Hansollie~ Noona is right here." Unconsciously I tightened my grip around noona's body. For some reason, I wanted to cry. This was the first time that someone cares for me so much while not being related to me in any way, shape, or form. She placed her other hand on my head and guided it to rest on her chest. "Noona is here Hansollie~ You can sleep now~" She drew invisible circles on the small of my back. I was extremely relaxed, but I couldn't help but feel that this was backwards. Wait a second Hansol. She said she's doing what Joshua would do for her when she can't sleep and she's only doing the same thing for me. I relaxed once again and fell asleep right away. With noona's arms around me and mine around her.

The next time noona stayed over, it was the same process. My head was already rested on her chest, her fingers dancing on the small of my back. She was humming a soothing melody from a song I didn't know. I had to tell her tonight why I couldn't sleep. "N-n-noona?" I asked quietly. "Yes Hansollie?" She asked just as quietly. I opened my mouth to confess, but nothing came out. "N-never mind. It's not that important..." I answered in a whisper. I felt her nod as she my hair. "Okay then~ sleep now~" I'm such a chicken. Why is this so hard? Why can't I just confess?

The next time noona visited was her birthday. Well, Joshua wanted her here so she could celebrate it with us. She looked magnificent in her purple dress that came just above her knees. Her hair was simple, yet it looked elegant on her. We were in the practice room since Joshua and the others prepared a song for her. They sang and danced coolly as noona watched with a smile. "Hey dongsaengie~ Hansol over here prepared something for you too!" Mingming-hyung exclaimed as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I wanted to kill him right on the spot. Yeah I worked forever for this night, but now that it's here I'm scared. She looked over at me with a smile on her face. "Let's go Hansollie~ I wanna see it~" I nodded and went over to the stereo. I put on the song and stood in my position. Usually Samuel would be here with me. But tonight, it was all me. This is my confession noona~ SHINee-sunbaenim's song started playing through the speakers as I danced along as if I was Taemin-sunbaenim.

[Video Credits: emotionalteaspoon24 @YouTube]

I poured my heart out in this song. The ending came and I looked over at noona. She had tears in her eyes as she came over and hugged me tight. "That was beautiful Hansollie~ Thank you~" I hugged her back. "Happy birthday noona..." I whispered into her shoulder. I felt her kiss my cheek as she looked back at me. I wiped the tears away from her eyes since I don't like seeing girls cry. She smiled and patted my head. "When did my Hansollie become so grown up?" She asked with a giggle. I smiled as well.

That night, here we are again. My head on her chest, her fingers dancing on my back, her humming an unknown melody while we listened to the harmony of snores from outside the door. "Noona? Remember how last month I had to tell you something?" I asked while looking up at her. "Ne Hansollie~ You finally want to tell me?" I nodded as I took a deep breath in. "Noona. I really really like you." I whispered. She giggled and patted my head. "I already know Hansollie~" I sat up and looked at her bewildered. "Humma?" I asked. She smiled and sat up as well. "I've known for a long time Hansollie~ and actually, I like you too." She said while blushing. I smiled widely and hugged her tight. The impact from me colliding into her forced us to lay back down. Tears started coming down my cheeks. "Noona~" I crooned into her neck as tears continued to fall. She forced me to look at her as she wiped my tears. "Don't cry Hansollie~ I didn't even tickle you~" She joked. I laughed as well. I leaned in and she did the same. Our lips touched softly yet magically. We parted for a few seconds for some air before kissing again. Each kiss became more passionate than the last. "Noona...Nan neomu neomu joah~ (Noona...I really really like you~)" I said in Korean, since I'm so used to talking to her in English. "Nado Hansollie~ Nan neomu neomu joah~ (Me too Hansollie~ I really really like you~)" We kissed for the last time as we both settled down to go to sleep. It was then, that noona officially became mine.