Final

The Not-so-Perfect Ending

When I came out of my car, I just don’t know what to feel. The place was so big and nicely decorated. I just couldn’t help but be astonished with the scene. It was heavenly. Gold and white could be seen everywhere.Of course, because it’s the theme.

I braved myself to enter the hall. Eventhough I know it was hard for me but I should support him untill the end. I took a deep breath and with heavy steps, I opened the big wooden door.

The inside were better than the outside. I was stunned once again. I could see beautiful flowers were arranged nicely at every corners. Not many people were inside but all I could see were the workers that were wearing all black.

‘It must be their uniforms,’ I thought. They were busy arranging everything in place. Shouts could be heard and I chuckled.

‘They must want this to be perfect.’

I was busy looking everywhere and suddenly my eyes stopped at someone. I just can’t get my eyes to look away when suddenly he looked at me.

He was wearing a white suit with a dash of gold on it. His hair was styled back just like how I loved it. He looked so handsome. How could someone be so perfect?

-----------------------------

Past

The kids were playing and fooling around between themselves. It was a lovely sight to see. They just don’t care what ever happened to the world. They are kids after all. Living with no worries in their mind.

Jongdae was laughing happily with his friends. He was running away so that he won’t get caught.

“ Catch me if you can!! Hahaha!”

He ran like there’s no tomorrow and he kept on looking back. He didn’t see where he’s going and suddenly he fell.

“Ouch! My head,” he said while rubbing his red forehead. He looked in front and he saw a boy mirroring what he did. The boy has chubby cheeks and he looks like they're the same age.

Jongdae scoots closer to the boy. The boy looked up when he felt presence.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t see you just now,” Jongdae pulled the boy to stand up.

“No no it’s okay. It was my fault,” the chubby cheeks boy dismissed with a wave of his hand.

“I’m Jongdae. What’s your name?” Jongdae being the gentleman he is, stretched out his hand.

“I’m M-Minseok,” the boy stuttered and shakes Jongdae’s inviting hand.

”Oh, hi M-Minseok. Come on, let me buy you ice-cream for running into you just now,” Jongdae pulled Minseok's hand to a nearby ice-cream stall.

“My name is Minseok, not M-Minseok,” Minseok said, blushed.

“Ok Minseok or whatever your nameis. Let me treat you for ice-cream,” Jongdae smiled happily and Minseok couldn'r help but smiled back while they walked together hand in hand.

Jongdae don’t know what was he doing. But he just knows that he wants to know more about this Minseok boy and be friends.

And since then, they are bestfriends.

---------------------------

Jongdae is 13 and Minseok is 15 now. They are still the bestest of friend. They are at Minseok’s house because apparently Jongdae needs help with his homework.

“Hyung.. I don’t understand what this is! They’re killing me, hyung,” Jongdae whined while throwing his arms in the air.

“You’re just exaggerating,” Minseok rolled his eyes. “Which one you don’t understand? This? Oh my god this is like the easiest thing,Chen.”

“Chen? Awww is our Minseokie just give me a nickname? Aww hyung you are so nice,” Jongdae said while hugging Minseok tightly.

“Urghh your name is too long and its hard to say. I’ll just call you Chen from now on. Is that ok for you?” Minseok asked hesitantly.

“Of course! Everything you say is ok,” Jongdae smiled softly. He loved the fact that his favourite hyung gave a nickname to him. Nickname is what you give to someone that is special to you right?

After 20 minutes of studying, they took a break.

“Ahhh finally. My head are gonna explode anytime soon seriously,” Jongdaa said while putting his head on Minseok’s shoulder.

“Okay get off. I’m making both of us something to eat,” Minseok tried to push Jongdae’s head off of him but the boy just won’t budge.

“No hyung. Let’s just cuddle alright. Food can wait,” Jngdae hugged his hyung like a cute little monkey and closed his eyes. He is trying to savour this precious moment. Minseok just laughed and hugged him back while his hand smoothen Jongdae’s hair.

‘He always knows what to do when I need him’ Jongdae thought.

-----------------------------------

It was a bad day for Jongdae. He just got his exam results today and let’s just say he don’t like it.

He walked into his house not before slamming the house’s door. He greeted his mother nonchalantly. He’s just not in the mood.

He straight away go upstairs into his room. After putting his bagpack on the ground, he jumped face first on the bed. He rolled around on the bed making the sheets all wrinkled up.

He screamed into the pillow because he knows no one’s gonna hear it. After a good 10 minutes of releasing whatever he had, he stopped because man, that was exhausting. He sat up straight and brought his knees to his chest.

‘How did my result be like that? I thought I studied really hard. I just want everyone to be proud of me but now I bet mum is dissappointed with me. I’m just not good when it comes to academics.’

Suddenly someone knocked on the door. He is really not in the mood right now.

“GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE!” he shouted.

After a few seconds, the door creaked open. “I said leav-“ he stopped when he see the one that knocked on the door just now. It was Minseok. Jongdae’s mum called him because she knows only Minseok can help her with whatever problems his son are going through.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Minseok asked after he sat beside Jongdae.

Jongdae looked at him but he didn’t say anything. Then, he just looked away.

“Why are you being such a crybaby?” Minseok pulled him into a hug.

When he was in Minseok’s arm, Jongdae let out a soft sob. He really don’t want to cry infront of his hyung. But he just can’t help but feel the warmth of his favourite hyung. He could smell vanilla scent from Minseok. He loved the smell.

Minseok cradled him side to side until he stopped crying.

“Okay I don’t know what happened to you but let’s just go,” Minseok said while trying to drag Jongdae out of his room.

“Where are we going, hyung?”Jongdae replied solemnly but he still followed Minseok.

“I’m taking you to your favourite ice-cream shop,” Minseok smiled at him.

“What, really?! Yeay! Its your treat right hyung?” Jongdae’s attitude changed 180 degrees. He just can’t say no to ice-cream. Nonetheless, his favourite hyung is bringing him there.

‘He always know what to do when I’m sad’ Jongdae thought.

-----------------------

They are having dinner at Jongdae’s house because Mrs. Kim is not at home. Jongdae just don’t really like being home alone so he invited Minseok.

They ate in silent for the first time. Jongdae wondered what happened. Just the sound of spoons and plates can be heard. It was toturing for Jongdae. He can’t take it anymore.

He put down his spoon and said “Minseok hyung, what’s wrong?” Jongdae looked at Minseok but the latter did not said anything.

He asked again and he heard Minseok said something.”Nothing. Just eat.” He could barely hear what Minseok said. Minseok just continued eating.

Jongdae was really confused. Did he do something wrong? Jongdae tried to asked again this time.

“Hyung, did I do something wrong? I’m so-“ his words were cut of when Minseok suddenly stand up.

“I SAID NOTHING’S WRONG ALRIGHT! ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSSINESS!” Minseok walked away and he went into the bathroom.

Jongdae was so shocked. That was the first time Minseok had yelled at him. He was so scared. He’s just too shocked to realised that tears had came out of his eyes.

Minseok just yelled at him. This was their very first fight -if this could even be called a fight. He felt something in his stomach. He feels hurt. He just can’t believe he just get yelled by Minseok just now. He cried softly at the table. He knows he shouldn’t be crying just because of that. But he just get yelled by someone he love.

Yes, Jongdae is in love with Minseok. It took him a while to realised that but Minseok is oblivious towards his feelings.

Suddenly he feels someone hugged him.

“Jongdae, I’m sorry. I really am sorry. I don’t know what comes to me. I shouldn’t have yelled at you like that. I’m so stupid. I’m really sorry Jongdae, I’m sorry” Minseok keep on apoligising to him. Minseok rubbed his arms and patted his head. He was trying to calm the crying boy down.

Jongdae looked upwards. He saw Minseok with puffy red eyes and he knew Minseok had been crying just now. Jongdae caressed Minseok’s face and said “ What happened?”

“It’s just- something happened at school. And I’m upset with that. And I-I’m sorry I let it out at you.” Minseok hugged him and kissed his head.

‘He always knows what to do when I’m hurt’ Jongdae thought.

--------------------------------------

Jongdae was surfing on the internet. His Science teacher had gave them an assignment to do. He’s been doing it since an hour ago. Minseok is still not here but he said he would come later.

Jongdae was getting bored so he opened his Twitter. Its been a long time since he last logged in. He had missed a lot of things. He was scrolling and scrolling when suddenly something caught his eyes.

There was a post with his name on it. It was from one of his schoolmate that really love to make fun of him. He don’t know why this guy kept on making fun of him. He remembered his name was Luhan or something.This Luhan guy is quite the popular guy in school. He is actually in the same class as Minseok. And if he's not mistaken Luhan also has a crush on Minseok.

He read the post and tears prickled in the corner of his eyes. The post says he’s ugly and Minseok shouldn’t be friends with him. Other people were also agreeing with it.

Should they really post it there? Almost everyone in school will see it. They really want everyone to see is it? Is he that ugly? But Minseok always said that he is beautiful.

He read some more. They said Minseok’s beauty is way better than him. Minseok shouldn’t even be near him.

He knew he’s not as handsome as Minseok. He knew Minseok is way better than him. He knew they shouldn’t have been friends. Tears streamed down his face like waterfall.

Minseok was shocked when he walked into the door. He rushed towards Jongdae and pulled him into a hug. Jongdae suddenly pulled away.

“Don’t touch me. I’m ugly” Jongdae sat up with his knees to his chest and buried his head in between his knees.

“What are you saying? You’re perfect, Chen.” Minseok pulled him again and when Jongdae is finally in his arms, he hold him tightly.

Jongdae was still crying and not looking at him.”Hey, look at me. Chen, look at me,”

When Jongdae finally looked at him with glistening eyes, he said,

“Never said you’re ugly again. You are beautiful, Kim Jongdae. Let them say whatever they want. They’re just jealous of you. They’re jealous of your beautiful brown eyes, your beautiful cute little nose, your beautiful red lips and most importantly your beautiful smile. I like your smile, no I love your smile Jongdae. You know what I feel when I didn’t see your smile? I feel like the world is dark. You make my day bright when you smile. So stop listening to them. You are perfect to me, Kim Jongdae.” Minseok looked at Jongdae and smiled softly.

‘He always knows the perfect thing to say’ Jongdae thought.

--------------------------

It was another blissful day. They were watching movie at Minseok’s house. Well, it’s just Jongdae watching the movie because Minseok was busy on his phone.

Minseok was happily texting with someone and he don’t like it a bit. Who is he texting seriously? He could hear Minseok giggling and smiling like an idiot.

“Hyung,” Jongdae called. But Minseok didn’t hear it.

“Hyungg,” he called again but this time, louder. Minseok looked up and gave him a what-do-you-want look.

“Who are you texting with?” Jongdae asked with a frowned. Minseok just smiled before saying,

“It’s Luhan. He’s asking me out for a date.” Minseok just giggled and turned back to his phone.

Jongdae looked at him like he had grown 3 heads. But that looked suddenly changed to hurt. He feels like someone had stabbed him several times.Straight at the heart. He could literally hear his heart crashed into pieces.

The way Minseok react means that he likes Luhan too right? He looked so happy right now.

“Should I go, Chen? I’ve been looking at him for awhile and I think I like him.” Minseok suddenly said.

Everything suddenly makes sense now. The knowing looked between Minseok and Luhan. The way Minseok looked at Luhan when he passed by. The small talk between them. The time where the hangout together.

Minseok was telling him about Luhan. Luhan this, Luhan that. Luhan did this, Luhan did that. Can’t his hyung see, he was hurting here? He has to go now before he broke infront of Minseok.

Jongdae abruptly stand up and said “I-I’m going now hyung. My mum just t-text me asking me to be home right now. Bye.”

With that said, Jongdae dashed out and ran to his house, leaving a dumbfounded Minseok on the couch.

The next day, school is buzzing with the news that Minseok and Luhan had become an item.

Jongdae and Minseok still befriend after that but it was not like before. He just thought that he should just let his hyung be happy. If Minseok is happy with Luhan, he accept it. As long as Minseok is happy.

A few years later he received a wedding invitation by Minseok and Luhan.

----------------------

Present

Minseok waved at me once he saw me. I smiled and waved back at him. Yes, here I am at Minseok and Luhan’s wedding ceremony. I could feel tears at the corner of my eyes. I know I should be happy for them. Its just that I can’t get rid of all the memories that I had with my first love, Kim Minseok. Minseok hyung had left a big impact on me. If you asked the old Kim Jongdae, he doesn't believe the saying of first love is hard to forget but look at him now. 

 

He always knows what to do when I’m hurt.

He always knows what to do when I’m sad.

He always knows what to do when I need him.

He always know the perfect thing to say.

 

But he will never know what I feel towards him.

 


2447 words

Wow finally ! It took me almost 2 hours just for this?! I actually cried reading my own one shot :'( idk about you guys. So how was it? I really don't know what to say. Well this is my first attempt on writing a one shot. Is it angsty enough ? lol So, tell me what you feel about it yea :)

-Hana-