The Culprit

Love Just Remain in Pictures

A/N So before i stopped writing this story came in my mind I watched it in a Jdorama Detective Conan Live action thought I put some of my own plot. This is my first one-shot and my final creation for now I hope you enjoy it^^

 

Name of Victim: Lee Hyukjae

Age: 24

Siblings: One older brother Lee Sungmin

Occupation: Florist

Cause of death: Strangle to death.

 

Everyone was gathered at Hyukjjae’s house, his colleague Siwon, his brother Sungmin and his husband Donghae. They all can’t believe that someone had killed him, but why it should happen to him of all people? He had been a good brother a nice friend that one could ever wish for. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook who were in charge of the case investigation.

The taller man started to walk around the house to know more about the victim, he was surprised seeing a lot of pictures develop in the dark room he could conclude that Hyukjae love photography.

“Please Min, we will find justice to whoever did this to Hyukjae.” He said as he comfort his crying partner. Also Siwon was speechless he just saw him well and alive yesterday but now he is gone. Donghae glared at Siwon approaching him.

“YOU! I know you’re the one who did this to Hyukkie, just because he rejected You!” he said as he tried to strangle him but Sungmin stopped him.

“I swear I never kill him, yes iwas mad when he said no to me but that is not enough reason for me to kill him.” Siwon replied still trying to stop his tears.

“He’s right Mr. Lee, Mr. Choi here has an alibi he was in the foral shop all day when the crime happened and their manager is a witness to that. you must be…”

“Lee Donghae Hyukjae’s brother-in-law. He is Min’s younger brother.” He replied Ryeowook look around and there were a lot of wedding pictures of him along with Hyukjae showing his gummy smile in the photo. “I am sorry if my wife can’t talk to you see they were close to each other and this was really a shock to all of us.”

“Wow! These are terrific photos, I always long for a wedding like these.” Ryeowook dreamily says as Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow upon his partner’s words.

“Wookie, no time for day dreaming we are on an investigation.” He told him.

“Sorry about that Kyu.” He said as he smiled at him and face the three of them.

“So, have you found the criminal we are running out of time I want to bring my brother-in-law’s death in justice.” Donghae said as he is clenching his fist in anger.

“We’ll be performing an intensive search, please arrest him immediately.” Donghae said as he took his camera.

“you see he is a wonderful person he usually work as my model and his interest in photography actually comes from me since we had known each other since we were kids.” He said.

“Do you know anyone that bore any grudge against him?” Kyuhyun asked them.

“N-not that I know of.” It was Sungmin’s turn to speak. “Hyukjae never had offended anyone, he was such a kind person he can’t even say no to favors that’s why back in our school days, people take opportunity of that. the last time he had an argument with someone was actually with me 2 days ago but it was a petty fight and I swear I did not kill him, I was at home because I was so sick.”

“And how about you Donghae-ssi?” Ryeowook asked him.

“I was in my workplace that time.”

“Actually something is wrong if it was a robber, why not kill him with a weapon, why does he needed to be strangle to death? I mean do you think it make sense huh?” Kyuhyun said as he looked around the place, making the three of them confused and puzzled.

As he walked around the kitchen he saw flowers scattered on the floor.

“Wookie are these cassablancas, do you know what they mean?”

“Hmm, it’s… dignity.”

“I hope this has nothing to do with this case… but the looks of it the murder was done by an amateur and I know one of them is the suspect.” He said to Ryeowook as he fixed his gaze to Lee Donghae.

After some hour Donghae stand up along with Sungmin asking permission if they could already leave, reasoning that his wife is already tired and still in sorrow to stay in Hyukjae’s place.

“Wait.” Kyuhyun said.

“What is it?” Donghae asked him.

“Well it’s nothing that big but I am curious about it, I heard from my boss you were the one who found Hyukjae dead along with Sungmin and is the front door open?”

“Yes.” Donghae replied.

“Why was it unlocked? Usually a thief ransacked a place they would lock the door out of fear.”

“I don’t know what you’re trying to say Mr. Cho.”

“Ryewook told me it was you who first found Hyukjae dead, at the same time Sungmin also appeared as well as Siwon…”

“Kyu I don’t get it at all…”

“You see this has been bothering me, I’ve been thinking over and over. This is not a robbery.” He firmly said looking into Donghae’s eyes, making Ryeowook gasped. Kyuhyun walked around and saw a device used for photography.

“Mr. Lee what is this?”

“A strobe lamp.”

“What is this doing in Hyukjae’s place?” asked Kyuhyun

“You see  Hyukjae doesn’t want being photographed he wants how photo is taken.” Donghae replied.

“So this lamp might be still warm don’t you think.” Kyuhyun smirk as Donghae looked at him.. “I wonder if Hyukjae is using this.”

“Like I said he wants to learn photography, isn’t my reason enough? Now if you may excuse me and my wife.” He said.

“It’s strange.”

“What is it?” Donghae is already irritated with the investigator, Sungmin tried to calm him.

“There is something that shouldn be in this place.”

“And what is it?”

“A camera, Hyukjae loves photography, the storbe lamp is warm but why is the camera gone?”

Donghae froze as Sungmin and Siwon is now confused.

Ryeowook was looking in the mirror  complaining that the reflection seems so weird makes Kyuhyun realized what is happening, he set up the lamp and the umbrella turn on the lamp and faced Donghae.

“Now Donghae-ssi can you click the shutter of your camera go on.” He said, Donghae hesitated but as he do it  was a strong flash and to this it was explained how the trick was done of creating an non existing culprit.

“From the moment you told me that Huykjae liked photography because of you I know you are the suspect Lee Donghae.” He said as he smirked at him leaving Donghae blankly staring at the older guy.

“Something to say Donghae-ssi?”

“What nonsense, why would I kill him huh?”

“Maybe it’s about you and Hyukjae.” He answered back. Sungmin was confused why now his brother and husband was dragged in this case.

“Are you crazy, do you think I will betray my wife.”

“Come one stop with this lies.”

“You see I got Hyukjae’s camera how about we develop the pictures.” He said as they went into the dark room Donghae just smirked knowing they had no evidence against him. “I told you Mr. Cho you’re wasting your time.”

“Kyu! The pollen from the camera matches the one that’s on the flower we found.” Ryeowook said.

“The pollen, in it is the same pollen that’s on the cassablance when the crime was done… anything to say?”

“Lies…” thos are the words Donghae could murmur.

“I could his camera shows your closeness with him not only as brother-in-law but as his lover.”

“Hae… what does this mean? I—“ Sungmin was left speechless.

“It wasn’t my fault… he… he is toying with me! He decided to continue our relationship even if Sungmin and I got married even if in the first place it was his idea for me to propose to you! He continue our relationship, this was your fault! The sweet Hyukjae I had known became cold to me ever since we had an affair. We dated first before you, but you told him you like so he asked me a favor to go out with you officially, do you know how hard it is! But who cares he’s dead already and you now know how fool you are thinking I love you.” Sungmin suddenly slapped him.

“If you do love my brother why didn’t you tell me! Why did you let things happened to the point of murdering him. That’s not love that’s selfishness.

“Pabo! You are a professional photographer yet you don’t know how to understand them, take alook at Hyukjae’s photos and this will make you realize what a big mistake you have.

As he took the picture he flipped it and his eyes widened when the pictures formed SA RANG HAE HAE. Donghae breakdowns realizing what he had done, Sungmin also cried realizing his brother sacrificed even his own life to have his happiness knowing the man he loves murdered his precious Hyukjae.

“I from the start knew that Hyuk loves you he told it to me on the day he rejected me.

“Siwon-ah, I can’t hurt you, I can’t lie to myself I do love Hae even he is married to my lover he is the only one I could love, even in another life all I can see is Hae. He is in my heart forever I am so sorry but I don’t want to let him go I know I am selfish but… I really can’t repleace him.”

“He may act though and cheerful, but deep inside he always wanted and wished that you can just be his he dreamed of being with you in the open without hiding, he endured all of them just for you.” Siwon said as he shed tears.

Sungmin cried as he look at the wedding picture where Hyukkie is hugging him tightly, not knowing he is breaking his little brother’s heart by being happy with Donghae.

Sungmin-hyung, as long as your happy with Hae I am happy too, you are too precious for me and I can’t stand seeing you lonely, remember hyung your happiness will be mine as well if you cry I will cry so I will make sure Hae won’t hurt you.

“Hyuk, you pabo why? You could have told me why you always hurt yourself to see me happy.”

Donghae was brought to the patrol car, he is crying uncontrollably, he took out his wallet and stare at his picture with Hyukjae back in high school when they were still dating.

As they were finish taking some photos, Hyukjae was happily arranging it in a scrapbook. “You really don’t get tired of collecting those aren’t you.” Hyukjae just shook his head as he put some design on it. “No, I know 10 years, 20, or 50 years we will be doing this collecting pictures of us together making happier memories even both of us got wrinkles.”

“Saranghae Hyukkie.” Donghae said as he kissed Hyukjae’s lips.

“naneun dangsin-eul yeong-wonhi salanghabnida Hae.”

Donghae can no longer undo what he had done, he didn’t relize that Hyukjae is the that hold on to their relationship, if he has the guts before to not comply on his request of pursuing Sungmin this wouldn’t have happened he can’t blame him for all the things that happen because in the all of these was his choice and no matter matter how he say I love you’s to Hyukjae everything is too late. If only one was willing to fight for what has, and one was willing to stick by his side this could have not happen and now the smile they share will just remain in a picture.

A/N I am not good in detective stuff sorry about that. I don't know if my decision posting it is right but I hope you enjoy it