Prologue 1

Haven

Sitting down, I sat across from Tablo, Mithra, and Tukutz. Earlier in the day, I received a call and was asked if I wanted to work on a song for their upcoming album. I felt honored that they had asked me. It was getting closer and closer for my solo debut, but this was going to boost it and make it happen quicker and to be working with Epik High, there were no words to explain how I felt. I was scared, confused, but I was happy and to be praised by so many people, I felt better about myself.

I barely won KPOPSTAR and ended with second place. As I sat there, I quietly asked them why they wanted to work with me and Tablo told me it was because I had an amazing voice, but I had my doubts. After being told by my peers in school that I didn’t have a good voice, being told that I did, it was hard to believe in him and to add to the list, I never made it for first place in KPOPSTAR. So did I have an amazing voice like they said? I doubted myself, but told myself I needed to work with them. I told myself that if I didn’t work with them, I would be missing my opportunity as a solo artist under YG Entertainment.

“Well I was thinking,” Mithra said, knocking me out of my thoughts. I looked at them and listened carefully as they decided on how I should approach the hook for their single. They spoke calmly amongst each other, almost like they forgot I was sitting there. Then suddenly, Tablo looked at me and placed a paper in front of me. On the top of the page, it read ‘It’s Cold’. I quickly skimmed through the messy handwritten words and fell in love with the song. It hurt almost, but I was excited to start working with them.

“Well?” The three said in unison. I looked at them, confused as to what they were referring to. I was lost in reading the lyrics, I hadn’t realized that they were speaking to me and I was caught off guard.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized and quickly added, “What was that?”

“It’s alright,” Tablo said, smiling. “We were just asking if you wanted to record today so we can work with some samples.” I nodded in reply and with that, we were off to the studio. I stood behind the microphone, the headphones over my ears and I closed my eyes as I waited for the music to start. I in a breath, opening my mouth and started to sing:

Even when spring comes and flowers bloom––

The music stopped and I opened my eyes. Through the headphones, I heard Tablo speak and he had asked me to come back.  I did as I was told and took my headphones off and then sat in the chair beside Tablo. I felt flustered and embarrassed because I felt like I didn’t do my greatest. That I really screwed up and totally messed with my chances working with Epik High.

“Don’t worry,” Tablo said, squishing my cheeks. I shook my head, brushing his hand away. Before I could say anything, he started speaking again, “I really admire your voice and you’re perfect for this song.” I felt my heart leap at the compliment. Then he continued, telling me how I should approach the song all together. Saying I should go softer and brace it all at once.

With that, we ended the day with raw samples and he told me that I would get another call for when we have another session. I was filled with excitement, but I was also feeling my heart pound at the thought of working with Tablo again. Out of the three, I admired him the most. Even though things didn’t come easy for him with everything he had accomplished in his life, he pulled through. He was inspiring. I felt like that once my work was finished with them, I would be able to do anything.

a/n: well here we have lee hayi's prologue. just a heads up, scarecrowscreams and i are writing another collab fic together. we're currently taking a break from the other fic and thought that this would be a good idea. i hope we don't disappoint you guys and that you'll enjoy this story. if you haven't guessed, i'll be writing lee hayi's perspective and my sister will be writing tablo's. uh stay classy -willienelson09