1 - He's Back

Tangled - The Left Untold

May's POV

  I was sitting in front of the large window of the café. It was nice sitting here since I could get enough view of people passing through the street. The sunshine was warm too, since it was near autumn, and it felt so comfy.

  I stopped staring at the glass window when I heard a simple dingling sound from the enterance door and the chair in front of me was pulled away.

  "Hi," a grinning boy sitting right in front of me. "Sorry, I'm late. I fell asleep on the class," he smiled apologetically.

  I rolled my eyes, "You lazy , Jung Daehyun."

  He giggled while raising his hand at the waiter. He ordered a cup of cappuccino before looking back at me when the waiter has gone. "So, how's class?"

  I frowned and puffed my cheeks, ". The teacher gave us more and more project to do. I hope I can get enough sleep and food to keep up with all of these stresses."

  I was taking an art major in university, in Animation Production. It was my dream eversince I was a little girl back then in my country before I came along to New York to study. Daehyun himself was a friend from Korea. He went to the same university as mine. He took engineering major and he was a real genius that he went to university two years earlier than I was even though we were on the same age. We always met on the café after classes because he had a bike and I can't ride one. And this school was crazily big! And Kay, my sister, she only could ride a bike with one person on it.

  "No worries, May. You always did it," Daehyun said, grinning again. How I wish I was a happy-go-lucky person like him. "Oh, by the way, I got you something to boost your mood."

  "What? If you gonna give me cash, I'll love you more than anyone ever does," I said laughing it off as he kept looking for something in his backpack.

  He laughed along with me, "I hope you'll still love me though it was not a cash," he smiled as he pulled out a lollipop.

  I rolled my eyes, "Whatever. Haha."

  I was about to take the lollipop from him when he still grabbing it and didn't let it go. I raised my brows at him. "Stop joking around, Dae."

  He chuckled and kept staring at me when I felt something dropped on my fingers which still holding at the lollipop stick. I looked down and saw a shinning circular thingy trapped in the lollipop.

  A ring.

***

  "Why don't you talk?" That hyper boy asked me. I only shook my head in response. I never talked to strangers.

  "You're too scary to be talked to," my sister laughed.

  "Aww.. Why??" He pouted. I squinted my eyes at him. "Okay, okay, I won't force you any further."

  "You know, May, he was on the same age as you."

  I rolled my eyes. "He looks way older." I said in Japanese, our mother language. My sister laughed.

  "What? Hey can you two speak in English? I don't understand what you two are talking about!" that boy whinned.

  "She said you look way older than your age."

  That boy turned his head at me in instant. Oops..

  But out of my expectation he crashed my in a bear hug. "Thank you!!!!" He yelled.

  "Uh??"

  "You're the first one to say me look elder! All people called me a little kid! Even Kay!"  He pointed at my sister.

  I raised my brows before snickering. Dork.

  "Is that a ring?" His eyes darted to a simple ring circling my right hand middle finger. I only nodded. "Who gave you that? Boyfriend?"

  I kept on silence while frowning. Kay looked at me curiously since she never noticed that I've been putting on a ring all of this time.

  "Joe." I mumbled unconciously.

  "Huh? Who?" He raised his eyebrow at me. I sighed.

  "My best male friend," I said. I looked up to see his grinning face, ear to ear.

  "You speak English!!!!" He cheered. I only rolled my eyes at his dorkiness.

***

  "Would you be my girlfriend?" His voice woke me up from my daydream.

  I froze at my position. I never expected Daehyun to confess to me since I'd never really mind to not having a relationship.

  He was now released his hand and let me holding the lollipop. I didn't rip my eyes out of the sweet. Daehyun and I got closer since it has been two years knowing each other already.

  I finally sighed after some minutes not showing any expression. I grabbed his hand which was on the table and put the ring on his palm. I could see his eyes shows sorrow in an instance.

  "What are you doing?" I snapped suddenly raising one of my brows looking at him casually - I tried my best to hide my feelings right now.

  "Huh?" He stared at me with unreadable expression. I rolled my eyes before snickered.

  "You want your girlfriend to put on the ring by herself? Oh so great Jung Daehyun," I smirked at him. His eyes were staring at me, eyes bulged out, mouth agape, cheeks flushed red tint. If only I could took a picture of his face now!

  "A-are you sure?" He stammered. I put on my serious face.

  "Well, if you doubting it then never mind," I was about to pull my hand from his palm leaving the ring on his hand.

  Before I could really pull my hand I found him grabbing it gently.

  Oh Lord. How cute he could be anymore? I could've laughed at him if it was the right time to.

  He pursed his lips while frowning, "I will," he said in a serious tone. He then pulled out the ring and put it on my ring finger, beside the ring my best friend gave me.

  "Could you take that one off?" He raised his eyebrows at the other ring. I chuckled.

  "Why? It's from a bestfriend of mine."

  "But you're mine only! Well besides your family of course," he pointed out. I finally laughed.

  "Nahh, Joe owns me first, Dae," I teased. I'm pretty sure he was sulking right now. "Hey, could you take me home? I need to finish my project," I said after looking at the wall clock.

  "Hmm," he hummed. "Me too. I'll call you later after I've done my works."

  He took mt hand and we just naturally walked hand in hand.

***

  I hummed an old song - Yesterday Once More - while walking through the hallway to my room in the dormitory. I look my keys in my bag immediately when I could see my room's door is nearing. Busy looking through my packed bag I didn't notice someone with a black hair was sitting there in front of my door until when I was about to stuck the key into the keyhole.

  "Oh my God!" I gasped when realizing it, taken aback when the person snapped his head up at me.

  "May?" My name escaped from his lips. It sounds so throaty and deep. And desperate and somehow familiar.

  "Maylee?" The creepy guy finally called again clearer after clearing his throat.

  It took me a while, squinting my eyes at the person in front of me, before it hits me.

  "Myungsoo," I whispered under my breath, too shocked to move no matter how much I wanted to shove this guy away from me, or at least avoiding this guy get near at me.

  He eyes didn't move from my face before he finally stood up, grabbing my wrist tightly. "I need your help. Now," he said, frowning and started to drag me all along to wherever I don't know.

  I'm kidnapped by a creepy boy from my ex-crush?!

 

To Be Continued...