Beauty and the Tiger?

Tiger's Cutie

Gongchan bowed to the middle-aged woman. “Thank you. Do come tomorrow!”, he beamed.

 

“Of course I will! You must be there too!”, the other pinched his cheek before going away.

 

The teenager sighed and glared at the another boy. He groaned cutely, limping his arms to his side. “Hyung~”, he whined walking towards the black haired boy who was wearing a cat’s costume.

 

“Okay, okay. Let’s take a break for a while. No need to roar at me, little tiger.”, CNU patted the boy’s head, wiggling the tiger’s ear a little bit.

 

“Yes, kitty. Thank you. Ugh..”, Gongchan walked away, irritated. Still wearing his tiger costume, he walked along a park. Kids ran towards him and played with his costume. As he was having fun with them, he caught a sight of a girl. She was sitting on a bench, reading a  book. A little boy tugged on his costume sleeve. He looked at the boy, smiling. “Yes, little kid?”, he asked, kneeling in front of the younger.

 

“Ahjusshi, you like that noona right? She’s pretty and young. She’s our teacher’s younger sister. I wish I’ll have a good girlfriend like her.”, the boy fanboy-ed over the teenage girl.

 

Gongchan looked at him, wide eyes. “Okay, kid. First, I’m NOT an ahjusshi. Second, I’m 21 this year.”, he pouted but smiled after the child pinched his cheek. “She’s young? How old is she?”, the teenage boy asked.

 

“Noona? She’s 18. Her name is Lee Yoojin. Sonsaeng-nim call her Lenny so all of us call her that.”, the little boy took out a can of coffe drink from his bagpack. “Hyung, can you give her this drink.”, as soon as Gongchan’s hands reached the coffee, the boy continued his words. “You can flirt her with this.”, he ran away, waving back. “Fighting!” The kid tugged on a woman who was pretty young to Gongchan’s point of view. He assumed it was their kindergarten teacher.

 

Gongchan sighed. He walked towards the girl named Yoojin. Somehow, he could hear his heart beat against his ribcage with every step he took. “Excuse me, but the boy with a blue cap and a bagpack wants me to give this to you.”, the boy held out his hand, directly giving her the coffee drink.

 

The girl lifted up his head oh-so-innocently and Gongchan swear if it wasn’t for his strong legs, he would have melted all the way to the ground. She looked at the little boy who was now clinging onto his teacher. “Ah... That was Sandeul. He’s always stick to Chemi-unnie no matter what. I’m not suprised that he asked you to give this to me. Thank you.”,  Lenny bowed slightly and took the coffe drink. “I almost thought you were a real tiger. That costume suits you.”, she snaps open and sipped some of the coffee.

 

Gongchan only smiled and sat beside her on the bench. “I get that a lot. It’s hot wearing it though.”, he leaned against the back of the bench, relaxing his muscles. Their shoulders making contact with each other.

 

“Why are you wearing it?”

 

“I got a job. To be honest, my hyung forced me to. I need to give out advertisements about a new theme park in this area.”

 

“I see.. I heard about it. It’s going to open tomorrow, right? My sister and her students are going there tomorrow.”, somehow, Gongchan’s face lit up.

 

“Will you be there too?”

 

“Yup. I’ve got nothing to do tomorrow so why not I have fun instead?”, the girl chuckled. She stood up. “I’ll be going now. See you tomorrow!”, she bowed and jogged towards her sister. The boy’s heart fluttered, the girl’s words linger in his head.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Gongchan wore a tiger mascot. He decided to pick a tiger not just because he likes it, but also because of the girl’s words. He put his head into the tiger’s. It feels a lot more different than the tiger hoodie. He played with the kids, giving them a balloon each. “Hyung! Come with us!”, he recognized that voice. He saw Sandeul pulling his hands and suddenly, he was in the middle of little kids. Sandeul gave him a yellow-heart shaped balloon. The kids kept pulling him until he was in front of a bench. A girl who was sitting on a bench looked up to him. It was Lenny.

 

“Uh...” Gonchan was lost for words. He extended his hands, shoving the balloon towards the girl.

 

“Komawoyo..”, Lenny bowed, smiling as she takes it. Gongchan took off the tiger’s head from him and held it with his two arms.

 

“Noona! That hyung wants to propose to you! Get married!”, Sandeul exclaimed, running towards Ms. Chemi afterwards.

 

“Y-yah! I’m-I’m not-” Gonghcan’s words stopped when Lenny tapped his shoulder.

 

“It’s okay. They’re always like that.” She smiled. “But if you really want to propose, wait 4 more years.”, Gongchan’s eyes widened.

 

“You mean... do you like me back?”

 

“Maybe.”

 

“A-ah... I need to go now.” Gonchan ran away, putting back his tiger head and bowed. He ran away, holding the tiger’s ‘head’ from falling off. He stopped mid-way and turned around. He waved and formed a heart with his arms. After a few seconds, he ran again while cupping his tiger’s cheeks. He could feel his face turning red.

 

Lenny chuckled. She smiled to herself and to the balloon. The kids came running toward her, excluding Sandeul as he was too busy clinging onto Chemi. “Noona/Unnie!”, Lenny turned to them. “When will you two make a wedding? When?”

 

“Soon. Just wait.”, was the only answer that came out from the teenager’s lips. Her eyes still looking at the silhouette off the boy’s.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: so how was it? comment!!!