Grateful

Happy Birthday Wu Fan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been exactly 3 months since you last saw your husband, Kris. You miss him so much that you could actually cry a Han River- okay maybe not so much because you were used to this. He would be gone for months due to promotions, photo shoots, interviews, concerts. In fact, talking about concerts, you actually wondered how many girls will be there holding boards or a sign bearing your husband’s name, since the main reason he is not with you is due to a concert.

The thought of having other girls carrying those boards or loving your husband didn’t bother you much because he is yours. Muahahaha. Not trying to be mean though. But you were once like them. Screaming and jumping around at concerts carrying a board with “KRIS SARANGHAEYO” on it and many others. It was actually all thanks to one board that you made that eventually ended up getting you and Kris married.

“KRIS, LET’S DATE!” you wrote that in all the different languages he knew, English, Korean, Chinese and Cantonese. It ended up being the biggest board among all the other fans that day during the concert. I think that is how he ended up seeing it. You were really thankful and grateful that he saw it. Like really.

It then all started when you met him again at a fan meet. He signed beside your name and drew a heart-shape beside it. He folded the side of the paper after he was done. You opened it up and apparently you found his hand phone number there. He wrote it really small and you thought that if you stared at it for so long you’ll go blind.

Then, it all started. Was it a dream? No actually- it was more like, I married the man of my dreams. Even at your wedding, you never failed to express all your gratitude to the board you made. If not for that board oh who knows who you would have married by now.

You even framed that board up- like why not. Urgh you sometimes even love that board more than your husband. Whoopsie.

His birthday is coming in a few days and you thought of doing something special for him. It really was a disaster last year and you don’t want it to happen again.., like ever.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

-A year ago-

“It’s finally your birthday.” You whispered into your husband’s ears as your caressed his cheek.

You quickly got up and freshened up. You headed for the kitchen straight after that.

“Eggs, flour, sugar. CHECK!” You grinned to yourself as you placed all the ingredients down at the counter. You put on your apron and started to get to work. this is hard. It never looked hard in cooking shows- yeah because they are chefs.

“Ohmygod how stupid can I be.” You muttered to yourself.

You cracked the eggs in a bowl and stirred it. You’ve never baked alone before. You would always do it with your close friend, Ye Jin, who is awesome in baking. You would always admire her when she bakes. You opened the flour packet and apparently, lady luck wasn’t in your favour. The packet tore open and some flour went flying in the air, landing onto your hair and face.

You felt a warm pair of hands s around your waist. Not long after that, you felt a chin resting on your shoulder. Oh no. He is not supposed to see this. You thought that you can quickly put it in the oven and let it bake before he wakes up.

“Oh, Kris! You’re awake.” You said barely audible

“Huh?” he rubbed his eyes and spun you around so that now, you were facing him.

He gave you peck on your nose taking a little flour off it and before you could even react his lips made his way to yours. You pushed him back; he looked dazed and confused with flour on his lips. Cutie pie.

“You haven’t brush your teeth right?” you laughed and he stared at you blankly.

“B-but”

“Go on now; must I brush your teeth for you too? Gosh and you said that you want to have kids. You’re acting like one now aren’t you?” you smiled at him and pushed him out of the kitchen.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

“Phew. I don’t think he noticed did he? He looked so confused so I’m going to assume that he didn’t realise or took note of what I was doing.” you thought to yourself.

Stop thinking so much. You can do this. You can do this. You encouraged yourself and resumed with what you were doing. You quickly stirred the other ingredients in and put it in the pre-heated oven.

“____!” Kris called your name and it echoed through your house since your house was big.

You ran towards your room and found Kris only in his towel. He ran his hand through his hair. How can he look so attractive with only his towel?

His voice brought you back to reality when he said, “Are you drooling?”

. WHAT? DROOL? OHMYGOD NO. You quickly wiped your mouth and you felt it- saliva. This is so embarrassing.

“W-hat? Noooo obviously not.” You replied him

He must have seen you wiping it off. Aish.

“____ ah, can you help me iron my shirt?”

“Yes sure. Happy Birthday, Kris!” You jumped on him and planted a kiss on his lips.

“Thank you sweetie!” he grinned widely at you. You giggled.

You started ironing his shirt. He said that his mother wanted to see him for his birthday. Yes! More time for the preparation. Half an hour later, he came out of the room looking all chic and all with his hair done and his clothes. You hugged him goodbye and went into your basement to get all those birthday stuffs.

You blew the balloons up and let them go in the house. It looked like the last part of High School Musical where Sharpay runs to one of the guy for more cookies! Where is this leading to? You laughed to yourself.

You hung streamers too, it looked really nice. You went to shower and got dress, in one of Kris’s favourite dress. When you came out, there was a really foul smell coming out of the kitchen. Uh oh. You ran into the kitchen and you saw smoke coming out from the oven. You quickly took the cake out of the oven and to your dismay it was burnt.

THE CAKE IS BURNT. ALL YOUR EFFORTS IT JUST WENT DOWN THE DRAINED. NOOOOOO WHY WHY WHY WHY. URGGHHH.

Just so nicely, the bell rang. He’s here. Sigh. You opened the door.

“Wow! You did this?! THANK YOU!” he enveloped you in a hug

“Yeah, you’re welcome.” He noticed the sudden fall of my mood.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

“What happen?” he asked carefully

“Well I-I, got up early to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter