The Cage of Malfeasance

Les Chroniques d'un Vampire le Minuit Sérénades
 
 I was back at home.  The ice on my body had melted and now, I was dripping wet from head to toe.  I didn’t dry myself.  I didn’t change into fresh, dry clothes.  I didn’t even have the fireplace on either.  I just lay on the couch and tightly held a random pillow while staring up blankly at the ceiling.  If she was still here, she would’ve scolded me for being such a babo for not drying off and for going out into the snow without a jacket on.  The reality is, she isn’t here.  She was nowhere to be found.  She’s no more than just a painful, yet a pretty little memory. 
 
I have been in love before.  It was probably the most pure and forbidden love that had ever existed on Earth.  Every single touch and every single kiss made the moon jealous of our once beautiful love.  I bet even the stars were even jealous of our forbidden courtship.  That’s why they took her away.  They took away her from me because of their immature, childish jealousy.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I was the one that took away my own love.  I’m just using the moon and the stars as my scapegoats.  They’re innocent.  They didn’t do anything.  They never placed a finger on her.  Only I did.
 
You don’t know how much I hate myself for touching her.
 
I turned my body to face the empty, cold fireplace.  That fireplace used to carry hours of burning passion in itself.  Now, there were black ashes laying on their deathbeds.  The fireplace was a perfect representation of us.  It’s dead.  Just like us.  Just like me.  Oh, wait.  I’ve always been dead.  While I once again stare blankly at an inanimate object, I once again noticed that box.  I swiftly sat up and unconsciously grabbed it.  I untied the gold embroiled red velvet ribbon.  I hesitantly opened the lid and there it was.  The peculiar porcelain doll stared into my soul for the forth time.  This time, I stared back.  I was not going to let this doll tie me down.
 
“You think you could casually read me like some fairytale story, do you?”  I asked the doll.
 
I got closer to its face, “Well, you can read me all you want.  It’s not like you’re going to come alive in any second to mess up my life, especially when my life’s already messed up enough.”
 
I threw the box back on the glass coffee table and began walking to this particular room, the piano room.  It’s the place where most of the wonderful memories floated in sweet little bubbles, and where walls made of fine glass recorded every single lovely melody that was produced in that very room.  It was a matter of minutes when I reached the white door of that room.  My icy cool hands grabbed the faded golden handles and pushed through the thin white barrier.  There stood a white piano with a black sheet unsuccessfully covering its entire presence.  I stepped closer to the piano and carefully traced its body from the end with my long finger tips all the way to the keys trying to feel its loneliness under the black cape.  I plopped myself onto the decrepit white seat.  I looked at the grandfather clock; it read 12:00 AM.  I gently placed my fingers on the covered keys.  I dared not to pull the black covers off of the white instrument.  I dared not to directly touch its black and white keys.  This was the only divine memoir that I had left and I didn’t want to touch that memoir like I touched her.  A soft melody began to produce from the masked piano.  I once again sang to fulfill my heart’s desire, a song that I wrote right after she brought me back into the lonesome darkness I called hell. 
 
 
"My Immortal" ~ Evanescence
 
I'm so tired of being here, suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave, I wish that you would just leave
Your presence still lingers here and it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

You used to captivate me by your resonating light
Now, I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me, I've been alone all along

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me, me, me
 
 
 
Liquids of a sinful sorrow, for the 1000th time, broke the Cage of Malfeasance and deluged down this face which has been flooded with these kinds of tears for what it seemed like an eternity.  My hands shot up and covered my mouth to muffle the insane outbreak of my sobs.  However, the simple little plan failed miserably and the loud cries of despair echoed through the glass walls of the white piano room.
 
Suddenly, I heard an unexpected, boisterous crash that seemed to be coming from the living room.  My sobs automatically stopped because of the deranged music that has never been played in this household.  With tear stained bloodshot eyes, I strode to the door and made my way to the origin of the clang.  When I reached the room, a royal blue flower vase that once sat on top of the fireplace laid shattered on the floor with pieces of it scattered within a meter of the accident.  I had an unusual feeling that I wasn’t alone in this house.  I started to observe the room for another presence.  I sniffed the air.  There was a fragrant that smelled foreign.  It was the sweetest fragrant that my nose had ever inhaled into my lungs.  I dare say it; the smell was way sweeter than hers.  I took another whiff of the air.  I had no doubt that the smell belonged to a human. 
 
From the corner of my sharp crimson eyes, I saw a figure moving in the crack of a coat closet that stood deep in the living room.  I marched to the closet with eyes piercing through the person’s iris, making huge effort to intimidate them.  I opened the closet door and stood there was a human girl very familiar icy blue eyes.  She seemed as if she was unaffected by my intimidating glare.  I took a step back to examine her.  She had a familiar black ebony hair, magenta colored lips, and a wine Lolita dress with matching shoes.  She was also staring back at me and into my soul.  This feeling within my heart, felt strangely familiar.  SHE was strangely familiar.  I took a look behind me and stared at the box.  It was empty.  The porcelain doll wasn’t there.  I turned my gaze back to the girl in front of me.  Her piercing stare became a gaze of wonder and curiosity.  There was an uneasy silence between us until she broke it with her low, melodic voice.
 
 
 
 
“Annyeonghaseyo!”  Her lips pulled up into a friendly smile while her eyes twinkled with glee.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Finally!!!  I finally posted up the third chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D
Not only that, I made a fanfic trailer for this story as well!  8D  But I think the results are kinda crappy.  >_>
 
EDIT:   The trailer is up now, dudes!!!  Thanks to my unnie, BloodyRavens.  :D
 
BTW:  I just changed a bit of this chapter.  So no more ravenous vampire Kyu.  xD
 
- Saranghae <3