final

여러분과 함께 (With You)

To say Kyungsoo is beyond the point of being over all the bull his bandmates put him through daily is an understatement. He has outstanding patience. For over a year he’s sat back and plastered on an amused smile.

Along with his newly red hair comes a complete lack of enthusiasm for the other boys’ antics. So when Chanyeol teasingly reaches around and taps his shoulder, it’s no surprise to anyone that Kyungsoo refuses to entertain him. When they make eye contact Kyungsoo can see the playful glint in Chanyeol's eyes. Happy Virus gestures for the smaller to play along, who responds with a blank look.

Jongdae, who is dutifully standing to Chanyeol's left, comes to Kyungsoo's aid. He points to the studio door, effectively letting Chanyeol know he should quit screwing around or get the hell out.

The giant collects himself and focuses on the rest of the interview with minimal distractions.


 

On the ride back to the dorms Kyungsoo finds himself squeezed between Jongdae and Joonmyeon, with Jongdae on his shoulder. Kyungsoo isn’t really in the mood for Jongdae’s apparent need to always be touching him. He lets out an exasperated sigh and subtly tries to shrug Jongdae off.

Joonmyeon leans closer to Kyungsoo and ask if there’s anything he wants to talk about. Kyungsoo replies with a definite “no”.

Joonmyeon informs him that “lately you’ve had an attitude and I don’t appreciate the way you’ve been acting towards the others.”

Kyungsoo shoots him a disgruntled look and sulks in silence.


 

After showering Kyungsoo starts cooking dinner. The peaceful silence only lasts 10 minutes before Chanyeol slinks into the kitchen and wraps his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist.

“What do you want Chanyeol?”

“Do you need any help?”

“No.”

Chanyeol pouts. “Are you sure?”

Kyungsoo sighs for the umpteenth time. “Yes, I’m sure.”

Chanyeol’s pout deepens.

There’s silence for a few minutes before Kyungsoo can feel cool fingertips grazing his hipbones.

“Chanyeol, no” has Chanyeol gripping his hips and pressing himself to his smaller counterpart.

“I just want to help.” His breath hits the shell of Kyungsoo’s ear.

He gains a tiny whimper when he rolls his body against the smaller.

A knee slips between Kyungsoo’s legs. Kyungsoo’s elbow connects with Chanyeol’s ribs and he wheezes. “ that hurt.”

“I said no, Park.”

For the rest of the time Kyungsoo cooks, the older male admires from a safe distance.

When dinner is ready, Chanyeol is assigned the duty of telling everyone they can eat while the chef sneaks into his room to enjoy his meal quietly.

This plan would work flawlessly if not for Chanyeol.

Three bites and a sip of banana milk is all he gets before the giant bangs into his room.

He shouts, “We should watch a movie!” and Kyungsoo is directing him out the door.

“No! No, I’ll be quiet, I promise! Just let me stay!”

Kyungsoo scowls and knows he won’t. That’s just who Chanyeol is. He’s excitable, loud, and obnoxious.


 

How Kyungsoo finds himself between Chanyeol’s legs with his head resting on his thigh a while later remains a mystery. There’s a movie droning on as background noise. Chanyeol runs his fingers through his hair, lightly scratching his scalp and Kyungsoo is loosening up.

 

There are some things Kyungsoo doesn’t really like about Chanyeol. Like how immature he can be, and how he refuses to close containers before putting them back in the fridge.

He hates when Chanyeol leaves his dirty underwear around the house (Kyungsoo has decided he definitely doesn’t want to know how they continually end up in strange places. He refuses to ask how boxers get under the kitchen sink or in between couch cushions or behind the tv). And he hates when Chanyeol tries to use ual persuasion to get what he want.

But there’s also a long list of things he absolutely adores about him.

How he unconsciously curls into his favorite plushie when he’s having a nightmare. Or how he always buys Kyungsoo his favorite bubble tea whenever he’s upset the younger.

He loves that no matter the circumstance, he can count on Chanyeol to be by his side at the end of the night doing dishes (and trying to make Kyungsoo swallow bubbles. But that was an isolated incident. Sort of.)

The smaller man begins to drift off to the sound of Chanyeol humming and the feeling of fingernails on his scalp. He’s drifting into unconsciousness when a thought sticks to the forefront of his mind.

“Chanyeol-ah,” he murmurs.

“Hm?” He doesn’t stop raking his fingers through Kyungsoo’s hair.

“You pushed my buttons all day on purpose. You just wanted to soften me after dinner.”

Chanyeol chuckles and pulls Kyungsoo’s blanket higher. “I might have.”

“You’re an insufferable little . What makes you thi-” Chanyeol presses their lips together.

 

Kyungsoo still thinks Chanyeol is an immature jerk. And he’s a complete rude . But he’s pretty okay. Park Chanyeol isn’t half bad sometimes.

 

 

A/N: I'm sorry that the format is weird, I don't really know how to work this site. I just obsessively ready fics, not write them. Leave me feed back~

You can message me on tumblr here if you wanna.