Sunday Morning Spring Flowers

Sunday Morning Spring Flowers

You like weekends. Everybody likes weekends. Waking up to know that there’s no commitment for the day washes a blissful kind of relief all over your mind. The only bad news is that today is one of those days in the beginning of spring where you are basically vulnerable to nature attacks. Pollen allergies they said. You don’t like having a cold. Nobody likes having a cold. The constant headache, runny nose and hard-to-describe aches all over your body make it hard for you to leave the bed when you hear his hushed voice calling for your name outside.

Sorry Baek. Today I decide to love my bed more than I love you.

Silent stretches for a few minutes after the fifth time he tried calling you. You smile to yourself, enjoying the soft touch of sunlight that peeks through the curtain on your cheeks, despite feeling bad that you have to ignore your Baekhyunnie for the sake of giving your body some rest. Na-ah. The smile doesn’t stay for long. Now the doorbell is ringing every five seconds. And your parents are out. Nobody’s going to answer the door, except you yourself.

Damn Byun Baekhyun. Why do I love you so much?

You open the door to see a bundle of sunshine that is Byun Baekhyun, in his sports attire? He immediately holds your hand and drags you outside the house before he pecks on your forehead.

“Morning sweetie!”

“Cut the sweet-sweet-honey-baby now tell me what you want.”

Oh my. Did he just grin at me?

You do feel like slapping him, your dear Byun Baek because wow that sheepish grin really gets on your nerves! What is this guy planning on your supposed-to-be-calm-and-peaceful-morning-in-bed?

“I know you’d come out just in pajama so I brought extra sweater. Oh sweetie you need to know how cold it is..we don’t want you to get even more sick, do we?”

He drapes the said sweater over you and then hugs you tight as if to transfer some of his heat to you. Ok. You like it, to be really very honest. He’s a head taller, so when he hugs you he’s unconsciously allowing you to sniff on his scent when his neck is all for your eyes to ravish. Oh please, it’s still too early to be erts. Just when you are about to close your eyes enjoying his minty scent he proceeds to the door and lock it. Blame your parents for trusting one set of our house’s key to this guy slash your childhood friend slash guardian as your mom calls him. Euww..who needs a guardian anyway. You’re just a common 22 year old young lady.

“Where are you taking me?”

“I know you’re sick and stuff and you shouldn’t be outside and stuff but yeah you need some fresh air right?”

“No way in hell you’re taking me to jog! Baekhyun-ah, I’m sick!”

“Hey..I’m not that cruel okay~ I jogged past the small garden just now and I guess I’m going to do good deeds and share what I thought was really beautiful. Sharing is caring, isn’t it?”

You can just look at his contented face as he slowly drags you to the garden, holding your hand firm in his. You really can’t stay mad at him, not when he’s the one you’re deeply in love with.

Hey wait..did I just say that? Euww.

Perhaps you get lost in his cheerful almond eyes that you didn’t realize you’ve arrived at the garden. Only when he looks straight into your eyes and smiles chirpily, the same smile that melts your heart effortlessly, you look around you and..wow.

The yellow daffodils have bloomed in the garden and lots of butterflies are flying, more like dancing, all over it. You can’t help a gasp from escaping your mouth.

“Beautiful? Yeah..I think so too. Do you know what daffodils mean?”

You’re raking your mind for an answer when all of a sudden he hugs you from behind, his chin resting on your shoulder.

“It represents happiness. I really wish for you to be happy, whether you’ll end up marrying me or not. Well I do hope your groom is me.”

You turn around in his embrace to face him and rest your hands on his shoulder as you stare into his welcoming eyes.

“Baek you’re not usually this cheesy so why today?”

“Umm..just feel like so.”

You smile softly, and tip-toe to place a brief kiss on his lips before hugging him close, adoring his solid presence, as he steadily wraps his arms around your waist.

“It’s getting chilly, Baekhyunnie.”

“Oh..right. Yeah..lets get you home.”

You don’t let him go though, you stay that way for another good few minutes before its getting really cold and you don’t want your fever to get worse.

“We really need to get you home. Your parents would kill me if they know your guardian is the one making you sick.”

Yes my dear guardian, Byun Baekhyun.