Your love....

My Hyung

Since his childhood days, Junsu had live alone with his brother, Jaejoong, since their parent had died in a car crash. The two of them shared a very special relationship as they always seen together and seemed inseparable. Both of them had a common passion - football.

Junsu was the smallest of the class when he entered secondary school. Although he loved football, he was only selected as a reserve player as he was not good enough and was also considered too short. He was always sitting on the substitude's bench wathching te game. However, as a determined person, Junsu always hoped he would be given a chance to play when he become a senior.

All through secondary school he came early for all games, but remained a substitude throughout the five years. Junsu was very envious of the other players who were all very much better than he. In his free time, Junsu would be wathching videos of great football matches to improve his skills. Determined to become a better player, he asked for extra tips from his coach. Not wanting to dissapoint him, the coach agreed but knew it would not make any difference. Using the tips he had learnt, he practised regularly. His faithful brother would be in the  stand, always with words of encouragement for him. The coach and his teammates were very impressed with his brother.

When Junsu went to college, he decided to try out for the football team there. Everyone was sure he would not be selected, but he proved them wrong. He made the team but again as a reserve. The coach admitted that he kept Junsu on the reserve list because he had always put his heart and sou into every practice. Beside his dedication inspired the rest of his team. The news that he had been selected thrilled hom so much that he rushed to the nearest telephone to call his brother. Jaejoong was so happy upon hearing the news. Each time Junsu team played, he made it a point to be there. The persistent young athlete never missed practice during his four years at college but still he never got to play in any matches.

It was in the end of his senior football season and, as he trotted ono the practice field shortly before a match, the coach meet him with a message. Junsu read the note and he turned pale. Swallowing hard, he mumbled to his coach, "My hyung...........died this morning. Is it all right if I miss practice today?"

The coach put his arm gently around his shoulders and said, "Take the rest of the week off, son. And don't even plan to comeback to the game on saturday. Take care."

Saturday arrived, and the game was not going too well. In the second half, when the team was two goals behind, a silent young man quietly slipped into the changing room and put on his football gear. As he ran onto the sidelines, the coach and his players were astouneded to see their faithfull teammate back so soon after his brother's death.

A whistle sounded. A player was injured and had be taken off the feild. A substitude was needed. Junsu approached the coach. "Coach, please let  me play. I have just got to play today," Junsu pleaded.

The coach pretended no to hear him. There was no way he wanted his worst player in such an important game. But Junsu persisted and, finally feeling sorry for him, the coach gave in. "All right," he said. "You can go on"

Before long, the coach, the players and the spectators could not believe their eyes. This unknown little reserve, who had never played in the team before, was doing everything right. The opposing team could not stop him. His team began triumph. The score was soon tied at 2-2. In the closing seconds of the game, Junsu took control of the ball and raced past three defenders. The cheering was thunderous. Junsu had scored the winning goal! The fans were overjoyed. His teammates hoisted him onto their shoulders. It was indeed a sweet victory for Junsu.

Finally, after the team has showered and left the changing room, the coach patted his sholders and said, "Junsu, i can't believe it. You were fantastic! How did you do it?"

Junsu looked at the coach and with tears in his eyes said, "Well, you knew my hyung died, but did you know that he is blind?" He swallowed hard and forced a smile. Jaejoong hyung came to all my games, but today was the first time he could see me play, and I wanted to show him I could do it!"