Dreams of the Past

Dreams of the Past

 

The small drops of the morning rain dancing in front of my cold window takes me back to the time when I was happy. Flashes of the old memories kept on replaying like an old movie. The soft fragrant rain lulled me into the dreams of my past.

 

It was the 14th of February. The morning sun shone surprisingly bright as I ran towards my hideous school gate. The schoolyard was packed with a sea of nameless faces exchanging chocolates as if it’s the most natural thing ever. The sight before me gives me goose bumps. The blushes spread along the girl’s cheeks were rather disturbing.

 

I wished that I had found someone to give my chocolates to yet here I am grabbing a seat alone at the old abandoned swing, eating the chocolate I should be giving to someone. I faced the challenge to be alone at Valentine.

 

The taste of the chocolate is difficult to pin down. It tastes slightly weird so I decided to check the expired date and it turns out it expired a month ago. I abruptly puke out all of the chocolates inside my mouth. After long struggling of coughing my brains out, a sudden handkerchief was shoved right in front of me.

 

My eyes darted to the person holding the lavender scented handkerchief. His sharp eyes looking straight to mine, his rosy cheeks and small curved lips looked so cute. He leaned in and softly brushes his handkerchief on my lips wiping my mouth. I recognized him. He’s the boy who always looks at the broken window and enjoyed the cold breeze. My long time crush.

 

“Here for you…” he reached his arms and gave me a mint flavored chocolate while a slight blush spread upon his cheeks. I was still dumb founded by the fact that someone gave me chocolate on Valentine. I never received one before. It was a sentimental value.

 

He let out a low chuckle and slowly unwrapping the chocolate bar. I got a hold of the chocolates once he gave it to me. Slowly I ate the chocolate and moaned at the flavor. I had an eye for chocolates and just like how I predicted, it tasted heavenly delicious.

 

His sharp eyes turned into two crescent ones. It was a tough challenge not to smile back and just stare at him. He’s godly gorgeous. “My name is Kris” the boy extended his hands. My heart skipped a beat and I found it utterly confusing, the uneven rhythm heart beats through my ribcage.

 

“I- I’’m..” I mumbled. “I know… I know who you are…” he softly whispers. The fact that my crush knew who I am is unbelievably insane. By now my heart’s beating like someone was playing a drum in it. It was astonishingly loud. Without me realizing it. I was falling for him all over again.

 

I was planning to turn my thoughts back to the chocolate but his hands suddenly reached mine. “There’s something I want to show you..” he smiled ever so sweetly. He slowly dragged me towards somewhere familiar. An unbelievably sweet fragrant passed through my nostrils every step closer. A burst of wonderful colors spread through out the slightly small garden. Carefully we stepped closer towards where the coreopsis grew.

 

He suddenly stopped his tracks and faced me. The tall trees shadows covered most of his face. Slowly he stepped closer towards me, little by little I was able to see his glistering brown eyes, so innocent, so naïve yet so captivating. It was as if he was able to see through my soul. His lips curved into a big smile as he pointed towards the coreopsis.

 

“I planted one each time our eyes met” he whispered as he picked some and gave it to me. I found myself smiling as I took them and smelled the fragrant flowers. “It meant love at first sight” he gently smiled. My eyes snapped open and stared directly into his dark orbs.

 

The rather cold breeze ghostly blew across our faces, my hair flew all over my face. He softly chuckled and slowly brushed my hair behind my ears. His cold hands tightly secured into my warm ones. “You know, they say people with warm hands have a warm heart” he muttered as we seated on the plains of baby breaths.

 

“You must be a really cold person then..” I jokingly commented. He let out a small chuckle and shook his head. Out of the blue he put something above my head. Something that circles my head perfectly, a flower crown. “So… Uhm… How do I say this? Well, would give me the honors of being your boyfriend?” he boldly asked. I can’t help but to let out into small fits of laugh. “That sounds so cheesy…” I can’t help but giggled.

 

He has worry plastered all over his face the moment I laughed. “But.. Yes, the honor is all mine… I would date you if that’s what you asked” I managed to blush. He leaned in and soon our foreheads touched. He let out a big gummy smile and carefully we laid down to the flowerbed. “I’m so happy..” He grinned as he put his arms around me. “Me too…” I smiled.

 

“Hey… Hey…” someone whispered to my ears and gently shook my shoulders. I fluttered my eyes open and without me realizing small teardrops ran down my cheeks. The fuzzy image before me became clearer. “You fell asleep…” my best friend Tao smiled.

 

“What were you dreaming about?” he asked. “The happiest moment of my life” I softly whispered. Gradually he sat beside me in the cold house porch. “What is it brought that rare smile of yours?” he grinned.

 

My lips curved into another small smile, “The day I met Kris…” I faintly murmured. He only gave me a sad smile and sighed. He sluggishly got up and extended his hands asking me to take it. “Lets go.. Kris’s funeral is starting…” his sad smile tighten my chest. Gently my hand reached his, “Okay... Lets go…To see Kris…” my voice cracked and tears never stopped pouring. 

 


A/N:

Kekeke~ Thought of this when I was bored.. ^^

Please do comment~