Memories

The Playground

The moon was shining brightly in the sky, and I was on the way to the park. As usual, i bought my favourite strawberry iced tea and spicy popcorn chicken from a store near the park before heading there. I walked light heartedly towards the bench i usually sit on. This bench was nothing but an ordinary one, just like the other benches in the park. It was wooden, brown and a litte rusty. It also faced the playground that was located in the middle of the park. However, this certain bench was a special bench, a bench where many memories were forged. 

Memories... I smiled. Memories were not always good ones. There are always certain memories that are always meant to be forgotten, to be erased away, yet it never leaves. Haunting you like a nightmare, bringing you back to reality even though you never wished to return. 

But some, can be ones you would never want to forget and forever etch in your heart. Precious memories, beautiful memories. They were sometimes forged due to bad memories, just like how the rainbow would appear after the rain. Bad memories give you happiness.

I sat down on the bench and leaned back. i chomped down my supper happily, and watched the children play on the slides and the swings. There were two kids that caught my attention. They were a boy and a girl that were playing on the slides. The boy was slightly taller than the girl, and they both had large bambi eyes. The boy looked about 8 years old and the girl looked slightly younger.

"Princess Soeun, your Knight Baeksoo is coming!"

"Princess Soeun, don't leave! Don't slide down without me! Princess!"

"Im still climbing up to the top Princess! Don't slide yet!"

Soeun however, seemed to not hear Baeksoo and slided down the dark blue slide without waiting for him. She reached the bottom of the slide and excitedly ran back to the steps that led up to the slide. 

"Why didn't you wait for Knight Baeksoo, Princess Soeun? I am sad, Knight Baeksoo is very very sad!" He looked like he was about to burst out into tears as he finally reached the top but his "princess" was not in sight.

"I am sorry Knight Baeksoo. We can slide together now, please don't be sad Knight Baeksoo. If Knight Baeksoo is sad, Princess Soeun is sad too!" Soeun apologised as she quickly went up the steps. 

Together, they held hands and slided down the steep blue slide while screaming delightedly.

I looked at them with a grin on my face. "That scene looks so familiar," I said to myself.

Curious, i stood up and walked to where they were. "Hey Princess Soeun, may i ask what's your relationship with Knight Baeksoo?" i asked as i squatted down to their eye level to meet their eyes.

"Knight Baeksoo? My Knight Baeksoo is my oppa!"

"Oppa? They're siblings? This is so similar to me and him." I thought.

I beamed and patted both of their heads, before walking back to the bench.

 

This playground...

This bench...

Good memories were always forged in this park, this playground, this bench. It was a place of refuge. For me. For him.

 

 

 

 

 

-----

Hope you guys liked it :)