Final

Baby, I miss you.

This is the first day of our class. The start of my school year.

 

I was silently walking when someone bumped on me. “Shit.” I raised my eyebrow. No one can cuss to me like that. “Look straight when you’re walking.” I said. “So, you have the right to be angry? Who do you think you are? Do you know me?” He said. “I don’t care who you are. Excuse me, I need to go to my class.” I replied and walk away. I don’t want to argue anymore.

 

This is too bad to start my day to think, this is my first. That guy destroys my mood. “I saw you earlier having a fight with the evil Kyuhyun.”

 

He continues. “You should say sorry or else he’ll kick you out of this school.” I raised my eyebrow for the second time around. “Why do you say so?” I replied. “He is the son of the owner of this school.” Actually, I’m not threatened with the idea of kicking-out of this school but I was helpless by umma’s exhortation. She’s way too loud and I hate it.

 

“I don’t want too.” His eyes grew bigger.

 

“Y-you! You don’t know what you’re talking about but if that’s what you like. I’ll leave it up to you. Nice meeting you Mr. Brave Man. I’m Lee Hyukjae.” He held me with his gummy smile. How adorable. “Nice meeting you too and thank you for your concern. I’m Lee Donghae.”

 

I transferred to another seat. I mean, I don’t want someone to disturb me, again. I hope I don’t have a seatmate. Seatmates are made to cheat and destroy your focus and also friends. That’s why I don’t have one. “I think you should be aware that we’re in the same class. Sharing one board, one air conditioner, one electric fan, one table… we’re sharing the same room.” He grins like he owns everything.

 

 

What the fuck. Am I that unlucky to have this kind of seatmate? I mean, we can seat wherever we want but why he seated beside me? There are a lot of empty seats in front. I want to transfer seat to lessen the tension but at the back of my mind if I’ll leave, he’ll think that I’m weak. “Just shut up and seat there.” I said.

 

“By the way, I’m Cho Kyuhyun the son of the owner of this school where you were studying and seating right now.” He said it with full of confidence like he owns everything. “For fucking’s sake Mr. Cho Kyuhyun, I’m not interested if you’re the son or the owner of this school. I’m here to study since yeah, this is a school like fuck.”

 

=====

 

Second day.

 

This was the same day as yesterday with Cho Kyuhyun on my side. Life is full of fuck. Cho Kyuhyun everywhere I go. Kyuhyun’s painful words every now and then. Kyuhyun’s grin whenever I make a mistake. Kyuhyun’s intelligence that I can’t beat. I hate it. I hate him a lot.

 

I went off my seat and gladly there’s no sign of Kyuhyun. I’m glad as fuck.

 

I saw a black notebook on his table but I focused myself on what is written on the board. A morning seatwork again. I let out a groan. It’s too early to answer those. My mind still sleeping. Since I don’t want to answer that one, I look at Kyuhyun’s notebook again. I want to open it. Curiosity kills the cat, Donghae. I open it and started reading. “Whatever happens after.”

 

Today, I met a guy. Actually, he’s not just an ordinary guy whom I encounter everyday. He is someone… someone who is worth of my attention. Everybody avoid me because of my fucking attitude. Well, he wants me to avoid him but he’s irresistible. I want to be with him every millisecond, seconds, minutes and even hours. I want to tease him. I think---

 

“WHY ARE YOU GETTING MY STUFF WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?” A very loud voice covered the room. I pause for a moment. I let out a sigh. I don’t want to argue. I need to finish our seatwork. “THEN YOU’RE IGNORING ME? EXCUSE MISTER?”

 

“Lee Donghae. Can you please tone down your voice? Everybody is scared. They—I mean, we can’t do the tasks we need to do because of your noise.” I was just kidding >< I should say sorry but pride invades me.

 

“SO I’M THE ONE WHO IS WRONG HERE? LIKE FOR REAL? YOU REALLY GOTTEN IN TO MY NERVES.” Bringing his things with him, he steps out of the room. After a minute of silence, a loud laugh by everybody can be heard. Why are they laughing?

 

“I admire you Donghae. You’re the first one to do that.”

“Donghae-ssi! You know what, it’s his first time to step out the room because he is the one who is pissed.”

“You’re very smart! I like it!”

“He looks doomed.”

 

“Donghae, say sorry.” He is Hyukjae? Did I remember it right? Why does he keep on telling me to say sorry. I can’t understand people nowadays.

 

I pack my things and steps out of the room. Hyukjae is right. I need to say sorry to him. I was wrong. I roam around the school and yeah, I found him at the computer laboratory. He is much focused. I wonder what he is doing. I walk closer to him. He didn’t notice me. He was really focused on the monitor. “Kyuhyun.”

 

“AAARRRRRGHHH! FUCK!” Did I disturb him? “Ahhh! First, you’ve read my diary and now, you disturb me playing Starcraft. You know what? I lost. This is because of you son of—agh.”

 

“I’m here to say sorry… I’m sorry Cho Kyuhyun. This will not happen again.” I left the room without hearing his reply. Why do I feel hurt?

 

=====

 

Months have passed. My world becomes peaceful as I’ve wanted until it became so boring. Even though, God gives us a chance to meet and to argue for two days. I miss those times. I want to go back to time and argue with him. Like, getting pissed because of his evilness. I miss those.

 

I felt a warm hug from behind. I was surprised and that the same time, I want him to stay like that. My heart beating faster. All I can hear was my heartbeat. All I can see was me and him. All I can feel is his warm embrace. How I love this. “I missed you.” He gives me a short kiss on my cheek. “I missed you too, Kyuhyun.”

 

We ate lunch together having some small talk. “You’ve been ignoring me!” He said. “You are! You even transfer to another section just to stay away from me!” He grins. “Then you miss me for that? How lame Mr. Donghae!”

 

“Yes! I missed you for that but you’re the first one to say you miss me!” I pout. “Stop doing that… you’re turning me on.”

 

=====

 

Cho Kyuhyun is a perfect boyfriend. I think that’s a fact. He always makes me feel special. I remember once we had a date. He asks me if I want to go ride an extreme but I don’t want since I’m scared. Before the ride, he acts like nothing until were both seated. “Is it your first time riding a Ferris wheel?” I have to admit but yeah, “Yes! This is my first time and I’m glad it’s with you.” His face turns red and so am I. As the engine started to work, as our place goes higher and higher, I hold a little tighter in those grips until Kyuhyun held my hands and said, “Don’t be scared.. I’m here. I’ll always protect you.”

 

Until our second date came. I was in the middle of the school hall when I heard someone shouting my name. “Lee DONGHAE SARANGHAE! LEE DONGHAE SARANGHAE! LEE DONGHAE SARANGHAE! LEE DONHAE SARANGHAE!” and yes, you were right. It was Kyuhyun. I don’t know that Kyuhyun has this sweet bone. All I know is he had a bad temper and a bully indeed.

 

And now we’re having our date again. I’m very lucky to have him. I’m  grateful that he is proud of me. He’s proud whatever I am. He’s proud in having a gay relationship. “Kyuhyun, I love you so much.” He smiles and replies, “I love you too my baby Donghae. I promise to believe and love you forever to protect our relationship. I love you baby.”

 

 

I felt something soft, warm and sweet in my lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Our first kiss.