3/3

Private thoughts

 

I said everything was going too fast, for once I stepped up while Onew was there. I feel the need to step up, to protect what was left here but Onew, h-he stopped me.

 

He said it's alright, we will be promoting but with a few conditions. He's still the leader, he still have the final word. I stood there frozen, he's willing to promote- the others watched our silent exchange, I step back, he's still the leader. He's my leader- my rock our rock. I follow him, i follow him-

 

I slowly took my sit in between Onew and Taemin. Onew grabbed my palm, asking me to calm down but he didn't even look at me. He kept his eye contact with our manager. Onew can be persistent when he want to, that's why he's our leader.

Behind those pretty smile, Lee Jinki is different.

 

Our manager sighed, he knew better than to refuse Onew when he's Lee Jinki. Because Onew ask, Lee Jinki demand. That's why he's our rock-

 

"Okay Jinki, what's your condition? We'll see what can we do" 

"I don't want much hyung, I just want you to arrange more schedule for the others except for Jonghyun and I."

 

To say I was surprise by Onew's request was an understatement, I didn't expect him to request something that sound so selfish. It didn't sound like him at all but I kept quiet. Everyone knew better than to question Lee Jinki. I can feel Taemin fidgeting next to me, I wonder if Onew told Taemin his plans beforehand. I wonder if I'm the only one who was completely utterlessly clueless. I saw Minho and Key acting as if Jinki's request were not surprising, as if it was not odd for him to ask something that selfish.

 

Our manager only laughed, he even snorted.

 

"Is that it? You want to slave the other members while you and Jonghyun rest? That can easily be arranged." 

Onew simply nodded but a few second later he said something that was even more surprising,

"I want Minho to act, I want Key to star in a musical and I want Taemin to join a singing show."

I can't helped but to give Onew a puzzled look and looked at the others but the others only shrugged as if they were expecting the news. Our manager turned to Onew, his eyes held this calculating look as if he's trying to figure out Onew's plan but Onew was better at this game.

"I think we are done here, I hope my requests will be fulfill or we will not cooperate in this promotion. Guys, let's go."

Onew pulled my hand and dragged me outside. I can hear the others mummbled "Good day, manager-nim," before quickly following us outside. We stepped outside the building and we were able to see some of our fans waiting. We waved at them and just like the Onew we know onstage was back. Just like that. 

 

Our comeback promotion actually went smoothly, no one bothered to tell me what's Onew's plans are. Not a single word about the request Lee Jinki made to our manager was spoken after we stepped out from the building. As if it was never said, the only prove it actually happened were how difference mine and Onew's schedules compared to the others.

 

I tried asking, after trying twice I know to shut up. Onew didn't even glance at me when I first asked him.

The second time I asked him, he said two words; drop it. So drop it I did.

 

As our promotion end, Minho, Key and Taemin schedules were still packed as if we were still promoting but neither of them complain. Instead they looked happier, even Onew. I felt- I felt left out- I spent my time writing, composing. I've written thousand of words, thousand of scribbles

 

I only see lights when our Japanese promotion was continued. The short rest Onew managed to secure for both of us, it recharged me. I'm ready to meet more crowds, I want to perform in front of a huge crowd.

 

We then took a step back from our usual dance track, we go ballad- in japanese. The response were great, more than great.

 

Onew brought us together as one again

Key improved so much after the musical

Minho somehow managed to fit vocal lessons into his crazy schedules

Taemin already making name as one of SHINee's vocalist

Me? I'm still Jonghyun the SHINee's lead vocalist.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

unedited, sigh.

 

I think the story end here.