1/3

Private thoughts

 

"Ah finally, it's time," I thought as we prepared for our debut, my heart beating fast. As each day passed, we were getting closer and closer to our debut. 

 

I told my parents a few days before our debut stage, "I'm going for my debut soon, performing on stage." They looked at me and thought I was joking so they laughed. I laughed along because I, myself, still can't believe that I am finally going to be on the stage, performing.

 

I gave them their invitation to the TV station the next day, along with backstage passes to meet me after my debut stage.

 

They stared at it and asked me with tears threatening to escape their eyes, "So it's real? It's not a joke right?" My mom asked me

 

"Yeah, I guess. I'm going to go for practice now. Bye, I love you guys," I replied as I headed towards the door. As I sat alone at the bus stop waiting for the next bus, I thought of the others. How did their parents received the news about their debut? How-

 

My thoughts were cut short when the bus came and off I went to the training building for some last minute changes to the songs and choreography to make it better, so it'll be perfect for us.

 

We were finally performing on the stage, our first stage. Together we performed our song along with the dance moves to perfection. I thought, Maybe we can at least last for a year on the stage.

 

After our performance, we went backstage and hugged our parents who were waiting at the hall. Mother was crying while Father stood next to her, consoling her. His right arm was around her shoulder while she hid in his embrace. I wonder, if her tears were tears of joy or tears of-

 

I saw the others embracing their parents, who mumbled their praises proudly. I saw Minho's parents, I guess it's true, he only received good genes from both his parents.

 

After the short meeting with our parents, we were ushered into our waiting room. Our waiting room. I wondered, I wondered why didn't we share our waiting room with another group. Not that it would fit another group in here with their army of stylist, make ups and manager but don't rookies usually share? I wonder, I wonder.

 

As we walked to our waiting room, a camera came around to film us. The camera was really foreign to five of us but as I was talking at the camera, I can't help but to say thank you to my parents. I can't help but cry. The others came and hug me. Jinki was the first one, then Minho. Taemin was at the side, looking at me. Key, well, Key, he's somewhere. I wondered why did I cried.

                                                

Our sleeping hours got shorter and shorter, our makeup gets thicker and thicker. Each stage becomes an obstacle for us even if we can do the choreography perfectly in our sleep. We can even sing it perfectly each time. Each member giving their everything, trying to make sure everything is perfect on stage.

 

I wonder, does Jinki hyung or Onew hyung, his stage name, gets tired of us? He needs to lead us in interviews when he himself is still new to everything but because of his title, the leader, he has to take all the responsibilities. It's all on his shoulder. I wonder if he even wants the title, the leader. He always seems tired, too tired.

 

I wonder, doesn't Taemin sleep? Our maknae. He works hard, too hard, so hard. He's like a robot. He performed each stage perfectly. Nothing more nothing less, just perfect but he is never satisfied. He says it's not perfect enough, he still needs to work harder.

 

I wonder, when will Minho come out from his shell? He's friendly, he's loud and he's nothing like he is every time the red light on the camera is blinking. He suddenly becomes so quiet, too quiet. It's as if the red light is the key to his voice. It locked and unlocked.

 

I wonder, how much attention will change Kibum to Key. I saw how his eyes light up every time a fan called his name or when he saw his name on a banner or when the PD keeps the attention on him but somehow while being Key, I still see Kibum in him. It just that, he is full with confidence unlike the Kibum, I know.

 

I wonder, what does the others thought of me? I couldn't help but wondered.

 

During our debut album promotion, all five of us agreed to gather some money to buy something for our fans. As a rookie who barely debuted a few weeks ago we can't afford much. So we thought of getting them some lollipops with our appreciative messages on it and let Taemin, (as the fans loves him so much because of his cuteness) to pass it around. He was excited to give out the lollipops and meet our fans. He kept the lollipops inside his adorable bag, (although he is bound to lose at least something every day) but he never- he never lose the lollipop bag, not even once. Okay maybe once.

 

The fans loved the lollipops, our manager didn't seem to mind when Taemin passed the lollipops around. Maybe he thought it's a good promotion as well or maybe he just can't be bothered because it's not paid by the company.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

fully edited, I changed a few sentences here and there but that's kinda it.