Koalas and Ice Cream

Koalas and Ice Cream

It was the stupid ice cream, it had to be. Nothing else can be to blame for the current situation. It’s ridiculous, it’s unheard of, and it’s completely unacceptable. Especially not when Doojoon is starting at her like that. If she could, she would claw out his eyes and scratch up his face, but she didn’t have the heart to. His face was one of the only redeeming qualities when he was being stupid, aka now.

TC frowns again, glaring silently at the man standing above her. She opens and growls again, daring the withdrawing finger to poke her again. She turns her attention to the koala sitting on the dinner table like there’s no worry in the world or at least in B2ST’s dorm.

“What is it?”

“I don’t know, but what’s it doing here?” Yoseob replies. “And don’t call her a thing. She’s a cute koala.”

“Not cute.” TC mumbles, turning away.

“I think you hurt her feelings, hyung.”

“Does the thing even have feelings?”

“Hyung!” Yoseob scolds, puffing up his cheeks into a pout. “Don’t listen to the big mean old ahjusshi.” He pulls the cute animal towards his body and cradles it like a baby.

“Are you crazy? That thing can have rabies! Put it down!”

“The only thing here that has rabies is you, hyung.” Yoseob retorts. “You’re foaming at the mouth already.”

“Y-” Doojoon lifts a hand to his face, feeling the softness of his shaving cream. ”Yah! Yang Yoseob!”

“Don’t you worry about a thing you cute little sweet princess. Seobbie will take care of you.” He closes the door behind him, ignoring the screaming man on the other side of the door.

“I’m going to call animal control if you don’t come out of there with it!” Doojoon yells. He bangs on the door with his fist, cursing when he hurts himself.

“Are you hungry? Do you want to eat something?” His face brightens up when he remembers something. ”I have an apple I stashed away from the others.” Going through his pile of stuffed animals, he pulls out an apple wrapped in a small bag. “It’s not much, but do you want it?”

The koala wraps his small hands around the apple, carefully bring it to its mouth and sinking its teeth into it.

“You’re so adorable.” He pulls out a camera from his drawers and kneels down next to the bed. “Can I take your picture?” He asks.

The koala blinks at Yoseob and turns to face him, making him squeal in excitement, much to its dismay.

“Do you understand me?” Yoseob asks cheerfully. “Blink once for no and twice for yes.” He squeals and claps his hands like a child in an amusement park at the two blinks. “Picture? Can I take your picture? I promise to make you pretty. You’ll be the prettiest koala in the world.”

The koala stops chewing and stares at Yoseob.

“I mean you’re already the prettiest koala in the world. I want to take your picture so I can always be reminded of how cute and adorable you are. Can’t I?” He asks again with a pout.

The koala takes another bite from its apple, blinking twice and silently groans at the high pitch scream. Resuming its snack, she tries to ignore the flashes from the camera.

“Is the flash bothering you?” Yoseob frowns. “Are you sure?” With his elbows on the bed, he leans in, drawing circles on the koala’s back with his finger. “You’re so cute.”

“YANG YOSEOB! OPEN THIS DOOR IMMEDIATELY!!” The booming voice of the leader shouts.

Sighing in defeat, Yoseob walks over to the door, unlocking it. “Open it yourself you big baby.” He returns to the bed as the door opens. “And stops screaming, you’ll scare her.”

“What is that…thing…doing on my bed?”

“I’m letting her eat here and teaching her to use the bathroom on your bed.” Yoseob replies with angrily.

“Get if off!”

“Che!” Picking up the koala, Yoseob goes to sit on his bed. ”Want to sleep here with me tonight?”

The koala lifts its chubby arms and lifts the apple core to Yoseob.

“You’re adoarble.” He comments again. “Since you’re fed. It’s time for bed.” He pulls the covers back and crawls in, pulling the cute animal to his chest. He sneers at the leader who turns off the lights before he gets comfortable. “Remember to use that old man’s bed as a toilet, okay?” He taunts.

Crawling unto the safety of Yoseob’s arms, the koala falls asleep.

Shifting in his sleep, Doojoon opens his eyes and looks at the clock. 6am. He sighs and shifts to a better position, not wanting to get up so early on day they have off. Turning to the other side, he screams in fright at beady eyes staring at him and backs up, falling off the bed.

“Hm? What’s wrong hyung?” Yoseob asks, frowning at the koala sitting on his legs. “You’re up?”

“That thing tried to eat me!”

“Hyung, koalas are herbivores. They don’t eat meat.” Yoseob corrects.

“Yah.” Doojoon points at a suspicious black lump and a yellow stain on his bed. ”Did it poop on my bed? What’s this? Is that pee?”

Frowning, Yoseob gets out of bed. “It doesn’t look like it.” He turns to the koala as she makes her way up his legs and to his arm. ”Did you do that?” One blink. ”She says she didn’t do it.”

“What? You can speak to it now? What are you? An animal ventriloquist now?”

“Hyung, don’t you know anything? A ventriloquist is someone that talks with a dummy. Does she look like a dummy?” Yoseob soothes the koala’s back lovingly. “You’re the dummy here.” He sticks his tongue out at the older man and crawls back into bed with the koala.

Sighing she puts down the plate of food, frowning at the headache.

“Are you okay? Where did you go last night?” Doojoon asks, eating his brunch. ”You just disappeared on us.”

“Shut up and eat.” TC scolds. ”You’ll be washing the dishes and don’t bother me.” Pulling the freezer door open, she grabs the partially emptied box of ice cream and throws it in the trash. “Stupid ice cream.”

“Hm…I assume it gave you problems?”

“I don’t even want to talk about it.” Ignoring Hanna, TC walks into the living room, mumbling about strange people and ice cream with crazy names.

Glancing at the name on the box, Hanna skips to her friend cheerfully. “So…from the looks of it, you ate it.”

TC glares at her friend suspiciously. “You knew!”

Hanna grins widely. “And?”

“You didn’t tell me?”

“I honestly didn’t know which one you picked so how can I tell you?”

“You couldn’t have warned me?”

“About what? Would you have believed me anyways?”

“Well, no. Not really.” TC frowns in defeat. ”Didn’t you get one too? How did it go?” She asks, silently hoping her friend suffered as much as she did.

“You wanna see?” Hanna pulls out her phone, pulling up a video.

“Wait… Is this the ice rink?” TC’s eyes widens in surprise. “Oh my gosh! Who’s…?”

“Who else?”

“You turned Jinki into a…penguin?”

“It was better than a rooster. I wanted to kill him for waking me up at the break of dawn.”

“I could imagine. Seriously, were did you get all these strange things?”

“It’s fun.” Hanna admits. ”Jinki doesn’t seem to remember. He thinks is a strange dream.”

“How can he not know?”

“He usually sleeps through the transformations.” Hanna admits as she nods her head. ”He’s an adorable penguin, isn’t he?”

“What was it called? The ice cream.”

“Penguin Wenguin.”

“So Koala Wala turns you into a koala.” TC states with a smile. “What about the rooster? What was the name for that?”

“Rooster Pooster?”

“What kind of name is that?”  TC frowns in disgust.

“A stupid one, that’s why I called it Chicken Little.” Hanna nods her head as if it’s their experiences are normal. “And but the way, Doojoon and Yoseob are eating Puppy Wuppy.”

“WHAT?” Jumping up from the sofa, TC’s eyes widens as the Dalmatian Doojoon and Golden Retriever Yoseob.

“KIM HANNA!”