Thank You

What We Really Are

 

 

A knock on the door caused Ji Yong to break away from his book and return to the reality. "Come in" he said. Eunmi head poked into the gap of the she created.

"Ermm...I was hoping if I can give this to your dog" Eunmi said letting her arm through the gap, which held the blue platic bag.

"Sure" Ji Yong said marking the page he was on and putting it down safely. "You can come in you know?" Ji Yong said looking at the girl who seem like she was stuck in between the gap of the door.

"You-I... You should just take the bag and give it to your to your dog" Eunmi said open the door a bit more to push her arm in more hoping Ji Yong would take the bag.

"Don't tell me you're afraid of...dogs?" Ji Yong asked

"What are you gonna make fun of now? Yes! I am afraid of dogs and what?" Eunmi said, her cheek slightly changing in a rosy pink colour. Ji Yong let out a small chuckle.

"Then why do you even care about buying things for my dog then?" Ji Yong only to be answered by silence.

"There nothing to worry about. He just still a puppy" Ji Yong said getting up from the bed and pulling Eunmi into the room. Gaho lifted his head to see who had come into his master room. But that action caused Eunmi to jump back.  She tried to escape but Ji Yong held onto he wrist before she could open the door to her freedom.

"Trust me. He won't hurt you" Ji Yong whispered into Eunmi ears. Somehow it comforted Eunmi, she gathered her courage and held the bone out to Gaho.

Gaho sniffed at the bone and happily bite it and played around with it. Eunmi smiled. Ji Yong watched Eunmi play around with Gaho and smiled. At this moment, to him, she seem so...

Innocent. 

 

 

Rays of sunshine greeted Ji Yong telling him it was already morning, but he didn't get up. He didn't plan to get up, not now anyway. He his side and lifted his blanket over his head block the sun from making him get up. He laid in pefect peaceful slumber wishing this would last forever.

But in this world there no such thing as pefect or forever.

"Kwon Ji Yong! What should we do?" Eunmi burst into Ji Yong room disturbing Ji Yong and shattering his dream and wishes in a second.

"Get your lazy up and help me!" Eunmi shouted throwing Ji Yong covers off his body. As coldness greeted Ji Yong, he curled into a smal balll hoping warmth would greet him again. But no.

"We have no food in the fridge and mum gone!" Eunmi panicked. Ji Yong sat up and watched Eunmi, through his half opened eyes, walk up and down his room muttering words words he could not understand right now.

"Yah! Wake up already" Eunmi said slapping Ji Yong around the head. Ji Yong rubed the area that was just hit.

"What happened?" Ji Yong said with a rough voice.

"This is what happened" Eunmi pushed a piece of paper into Ji Yong face

                                                           

                                                 

 Eunmi and Ji Yong,

Eunmi and Ji Yong don't worry I've gone to vist some friend of mine who is having a hard time.

I've have left enough money for the two of you, sorry I couldn't buy food before I left but my friend is really having

a hard time and I needed to get to her real quick. I will be gone for maybe a week or longer. Don't play around while I'm gone

and take care of yourself

                                                                       Mum^^

 

"What do we do now?" Eunmi said

"It will be fine I mean she did leave us enough money right?" Ji Yong asked and Eunmi nodded.

"But she just left" Eunmi whispered and looked at her.  Ji Yong looked at her. She was scared.

 

"Hurry up" Ji Yong said fixiing the beanie on his head. The both of them, and Gaho, was going out buy food that will last them the whole week or more since they want to go to but food again.

"Almost done" Eunmi said putting her feet into her white converses. "Done" she jumped up and headed out the door with Ji Yong and Gaho closely following behind.

Eunmi walked ahead and push the botton for the elevator she looked to her left nothing was there neither was there anything on her right side. She's missing something. She looked down the hallway there it was. But it was with something eles.

"Kwon Ji Yong so you just leave the house now? not even caring about your mother who is about to die here huh?"

"You told me to leave the house." Ji Yong said

"Where are you living now?" his mother asked trying to keep calm.

"Why the hell do you care?"

"So a mother can't care about her own son now?" his mother asked anger slowly brewing

"Since when was I ever your son?" Ji Yong asked. Eunmi watched from afar she could see the anger in both their eyes she was amazed by how they looked alike. Shen knew they were both angry at each other but she could also see how much they care about each other, how they both missed each other.

"Come home son" his mother offered

"I'm fine where I'm living now" Ji Yong refused "Aren't I just a hassle for you. How I made you lose your own husband. didn't I ruin your life."

"Yes you did." his mother whispered

"THEN WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TELLING ME TO MOVE BACK WITH YOU?!" Ji Yong exploded, he was confused. He wasn't used to this kind of kindness shown by his mother. He was hurt.

"Why is it only now that you want to treat me like I'm your son, You just want me to back so you can tourture me right? So I can pay you back for what I done to your life!" Ji Yong continued to shout. His mother collapsed to her knees with endless tears flowling down her face. This wasn't her son was like before, he has changed. He's different. Because of me.

Ji Yong continued to take his anger on his mother.

"Ji Yong stop" Eunmi said lightly holding his wrist. With that Ji Yong immediately stopped, his eyes widened at the sudden contact of Eunmi. He calmed down and gipped onto Eunmi hand asking for comfort.

 

"You're not going to ask about what just happened" Ji Yong asked keeping his eyes fixed on the pavement ashamed of what he just did.

"No. I figured if you wanted to talk about you would tell me." Eunmi said "Do you want to talk about it?" she asked

Ji Yong simply shook his head.

As the pair, and Gaho, shopped for the food. Ji Yong cheered thanks to Eunmi who help him calm down about the whole situation that had just happened with the weird cuteness she had. As if she was a child lost in a candy store, she was skipping everywhere asking if they need this or that.

Cold air hit them as the exited the store hand full of bags. The walk home peaceful not in akward silence but a silence where the two enjoyed the cold air and the presence of each other.

Eunmi quickly kicked her shoes off and put down the shopping bags and headed to the couch. Streching, she rested herself on the comfort of the couch that suppoted her.

"Hey! At least help me put the stuff away" Ji Yong said lifting up the bags he was holding. Eunmi groaned, picked up her heavy body and helped Ji Yong

"Hey" Ji Yong said

"Hmm" Eunmi hummed looking at the chocolate they brought. Only to be stopped by Ji Yong who had pulled her into his embrace. Ji Yong scent filled Eunmi nose and her body froze not once had a boy ever hugged her before, if they had tried to she would of killed them already, but with Ji Yong she couldn't move.

Ji Yong rested his head in the crook of Eunmi neck taking in her sweet scent. He her soft hair. For the first time he had come in contact with a female. It was pure bliss to Ji Yong who had never experinced a warmth from another human being before . He slowly pulled away resting his forhead onto hers and looking into Eunmi's soft brown eyes and sweetly whispered.

"Thank You"

 

******************************************************************

This is chapter is a early Christmas present to all my readers^^

I hope you guys all have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year :) 

Comments and Subscribe^^