Hidden feelings pt. 1

Once a month

Amber POV:

    There she went again. The world’s perfect little Princess. She was only 15 but she was already the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She was sitting on top of the small platform carried by four similar looking creatures. She stared straight ahead as she passed us on the way to the castle doors.

    “You! What are you looking at?! Bow!” I heard as the whip cracked down on my shoulder. I glared at the man standing over me and bowed my head as the princess passed. I didnt dare talk or look up until the whip cracked again singling us to get back to work. I caught a glimpse of the princess before she disappeared behind the gates. Her long black hair cascaded down her back almost covering her white wings. She was the only one of the royal family who could fly. Her nails were long and sharpened like claws and deer antlers gracefully grew from her skull. Other than that she looked like any other human. She was beautiful just like the rest of her family. I could feel all the girls stare at her in envy. I just watched her go and then focused on my work.

    “I wish I looked like that.”

    “I would trade all my teeth for a body like hers.”

    I was sick of hearing all of this. None of us had much human aspect but I was luckier than others. I had a human face and upper body along with arms. My lower body and legs were that of a wolf  and gray fur crept up my torso and stopped and thinned out at my arms. My eyes glowed bright blue and my wolf ears twitched on top of my brown choppy hair. After the long day of work I headed home alone not stopping to talk to anyone. I felt the glares as I rushed to the safety of my home. Once I was safely locked in my house I sighed in relief and finally started to relax. Day in and day out thats how it was. People hated me because I had more human aspect than others but not enough to be in the upper class. It . I was hated by both worlds and so to protect myself I withdrew myself from society. I didn’t talk to anyone and I had no friends. I didn’t want them and I didn’t need them. All I wanted was to be in my little room alone until we had to go back to work at sunrise. But then the war hit and everything changed. We never saw the princess again and everyday was about survival against the Angles. Most of us who were able were recruited as soldiers to fight. I volunteered hoping I would be killed in the process and my soul forgotten because of my lack of relationships. To everyone’s surprise I survived all the battles I fought in. I became strong and eventually a General because of the skills I showed. I never died once and became the youngest General to still have my original body. I did all I could for the kingdom. I sacrificed my life every day for the people who once hated me.

Krystal POV:

    Once again I sighed looking at the ruined city. I stretched my wings and glared at the guards who quickly tighten the restraints on my arms that held me in my stone prison.

    “Princess Krystal you know you have to stay in here and you know we can’t let you leave,” I sighed.

    “I know but I promise I won’t run away again. I just really need to stretch my wings,” I said as smiled innocently back at the guards who sighed.

    “You know they would kill us if we let you go Krystal.”

    “Please I can’t stand being locked up in this room. There was a reason my father gave me wings and I need to just stretch and take a little flight,” I said tugging against the metal yet again. The guard sighed once again as he unlocked the cuffs and let me go.

    “You can’t be seen and please come back before they notice your gone and you have to take your swords,” I nodded as I jumped out the window and once again felt the cool breeze against my skin. I giggled softly to myself as I flew away from the castle that once served as my prison. I flew from tree to tree staying out of sight from anyone that would get the guards in trouble for letting me out. I finally made it to the lake. This used to be my favorite place to visit before the war hit. I landed beside the water feeling the cool breeze on my wings I slowly dipped my feet into the water and closed my eyes and hummed to myself. I was just so happy to be out of my concrete prison and out in the open again. Once I took a long drink from the surprisingly clean water I laid in the soft grass and started to fall asleep. Once I started to wake back up from my peaceful nap I noticed a rustling in the bushes that surrounded the lake. I immediately drew my swords that were held in place at my hips and snarled at the threat.

    “Who is there?” I asked waiting for an attack. This wasn’t the first time the Angles would have tried to kill me. But this time I was ready. This time I was equipped and ready to kill. I wasn’t the helpless little girl I once was. I was surprised to see a pair of wolf ears peak out from the top of the bushes. Slowly a familiar wolf emerged from her hiding place and bowed her head low.

    “I’m sorry to surprise you Princess, I was sent to bring you back before your father returns,” She said firmly and looked back up at me to see what I would do. I sheathed my swords and stared at her curiously.

    “Who are you. I have seen you before.” I said flying up slightly to meet her height. She shrunk back slightly and bowed her head again.

    “I am General Amber Liu, assigned to protected the royal family,” She said emotionlessly. I smiled and touched back down on the soft grass to observe her.

    “Who sent you?” I asked.

    “No one.” she answered simply.

    “How did you find me General Liu?”

    “I followed you here to make sure you were safe,” She said blushing ever so slightly.

    “So they do watch me every second of the day,” I said sighing. “Why won’t they just let me fight? Why can’t I be free like you.”

    “We can’t lose our Princess, we would be nothing without you.” Amber stated. I laughed and glared at her.

    “Meaning you would have no one to gleam souls anymore. You would have no way of reconstructing bodies without me, but why does that mean I have to be a prisoner in my own castle?” I questioned knowing that she was as clueless as me. “Why can’t I fight for my people? Why? Why?!” Amber just stood motionless and held her hand out to me.

    “Because we can’t lose you, not because you can gleam souls or reconstruct bodies but because you are the symbol of hope to our people. Without you they have no fight, they have no will to live. The Angels know that and they try to kill you every chance they have because of it.” Amber said trying to find the courage to speak. “I will try to see that you have more freedom but you must understand your fathers concerns.”

    “I do Amber its just that I was given wings for a reason. I was meant to be free.” She nodded and held her hand out to me. I took it and let her lead me back to the castle.

Amber POV:

    . I held the Princess’s hand softly and gently trying to keep my claws away from her soft human skin. She smiled as we walked back into the familiar scent of home. I led her back to her room and sadly chained her back down to her usual place. She didn’t resist as I locked the cold metal to her arms and wings. She looked up at me sadly and smiled as I stepped back. The regular guards thanked me as I left. Soon after the king made his way to me. He had a look of betrayal on his face as he grabbed my arm and pulled me to his room.

    “I heard you let the Princess out.” He snarled. Like me he was part wolf, his hind legs were covered in black fur that crept up his body and stopped at his neck.

    “I was there with her. She never left my sight.” I said sternly back. The King took me under his wing when he realized my potential as a warrior. Since we both shared the wolf aspect he saw me as one of his children rather than another pawn in his game.

    “Still you went against my orders Amber. I expect better from you.”

    “Sir, you gave her wings to be free. Not to be chained up in a little room to question her love for her people.” I said boldly. The King released my arm and I took a couple steps back.

    “We can not lose the princess. The only way I can let her go is to have you by her side. I don’t trust anyone else with her life.” He sighed. “I know she was  meant to be free but I can’t stand the thought of losing her.”

    “I know Sir, and I won’t let you down. I will guard her with my life.” I promised and bowed slightly. He patted my shoulder and smiled at me.

    “I know you won’t let me down Amber.” The King then left the room leaving me alone with my thoughts and excitement of tomorrow.

==============================================================================================

I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY THIS IS SO SO SO LATE >< i just finished my college apps and so i will have more time to update! I will try to finish part 2 soon >< thank you guys for reading! <3 

Follow me on tumblr

PLEASE comment and subbscribe! :D :D