Higher Love

Higher Love - Myungsoo

Everyday she would be there waiting for me, I was skeptical at first but then I lagged back and walked next to her and that day is one that I would never forget.

"Hello, my name is Myungsoo, what is yours?" I looked at her as her long hair cascaded over her shoulders, hiding her face from me.

"I am _______. It is nice to meet you Myungsoo." She bowed slightly, still not letting me see her eyes or face that was hidden under her dark hair.

"Where do you work?" I asked, quiet curious why she was following me everyday.

"With you, in Woollim, I clean up after you guys and make meals to bring to you." She said quietly as I held the door open for her as she walked through them looking back at me.

"I see. Thank you so much for all that you do for us." I said as she nodded and headed off towards the cafeteria and I headed to the practice rooms.

Myungsoo was the most handsome member of Infinite to you and he held your heart for so long. You had to hide your face to him or he would know who you are, for he had a photographic memory. Washing the dishes your mind wondered to when you were little, you and him used to play together a lot, until you got this gift. Being his guardian angel, there were certain things that you could do, while others you were free to do on your own too. It was complicated, long story short.

When you closed your eyes you could see Myungsoo like you were a fly on the wall as you washed the dishes, watching Myungsoo dance and sing. Your heart pounded when he took off his sweatshirt to reveal his grey tank top. His singing and vocals were to die for as you hummed along to their songs, before dishes crashed into the sink. Your eyes shot open as your view of Myungsoo went away, sighing at the amount of work that you had to do, you had worked all day as you checked on Myugnsoo from time to time.

Outside, the light was going away as you closed your eyes to see Myungsoo walking to the kitchen. A knock on the door alerted you as you let your hair down from the bun that you had it in as Myungsoo came in.

"So this is where you work?" Myungsoo looked around at all of the fancy machines that you had, you nodded shaking your hair down to cover your face. He spotted the pile that you still had to do as he grabbed some gloves and started to help you.

"You don’t have to do that, Myungsoo." You said as he washed dishes with you.

"But you will be here all night if I don’t help you. Let’s just say this is a thank you for watching over me when you walk to work with me." Myungsoo smiled as he hummed songs and you harmonized with him.

Finding his words ironic and had more to them than he knew. Your hair began to get in your face as Myungsoo took off his gloves and gathered your hair into his hands, his fingers combed your hair into a ponytail before he braided it loosely and tied it with a string that he found. Moving back to his spot he  put on his gloves again and looked at your side profile, your face seemed familiar to him as you just tried to do your work.

"What is it?" You asked as he got flustered and grabbed a plate and scrubbed it.

"I… well you just looked familiar to me." Myungsoo said quietly as you thought that your cover had been blown.

Finishing up the dishes a few hours later, you both walked home as you hugged yourself due to the cold air. Myungsoo let his jacket hang over your shoulders as you pulled it closer, his scent smelled so heavenly to you as your apartments came closer.

"Hey Myungsoo. Come inside and let me fix you something warm. Please." You asked as he nodded with that beautiful smile that was on his face.

Opening the door to yours place, you handed the coat to Myungsoo as you went to get some water boiling. He walked in and smiled at your small place as it was a one room studio. Sitting at your table for two, he divided the hot chocolate packets in half and put them into the mugs as he rested his head on his arm, he closed his eyes. Falling into sleep from exhaustion, he laid his arms on your table as you walked over with the boiling water, pouring it into his and yours, you stirred both of them with care while you debated whether to wake him up or not. Moving your hand to his shoulder, you shook it gently as he moaned and moved his other arm under his face as he heaved a breath and fell more asleep. 

Sipping your warm drink, you watched him as your white wings wrapped around you and your one shouldered dress transformed onto you as you rested your head on your arms as well.

The early morning light came through the window as Myungsoo woke up as he tried to orient himself, he looked at you, fast asleep on the table with your head laying on your arm. Taking a blanket from the couch he draped it over your shoulders as he pushed some hair behind your ear and kissed your cheek.

Weeks passed and you still kept an eye on Myungsoo, but one late night you were cleaning the practice rooms, one of your many wonderful jobs. You opened the door as Myungsoo froze from his dancing.

"Ah, sorry about this. I didn’t mean to intrude." You backed out of the room as he ran over to you and held the door from closing.

"No, I probably shouldn’t be here either. Please, just come in." Myungsoo opened the door back to you as you came in and smiled at him. Staring to sweep he leaned against the mirrors as he watched you work.

"I love you, _______." He said softly as your eyes met his. Walking slowly up to you, he held you hand gently and let his thumb trace over your cheek.

"Myungsoo…" You looked away just to look back up at him. "I can’t I am sorry. I can’t love you." His face was puzzled as he tried to figure it out, your eyes filled with water as you looked upwards.

"Why not? I can change if you want me to." He said out of desperation.

"I can’t. Angels aren’t suppose to love." You said directly to him as he took a couple steps back.

"Your an angel?" He said with a little giggle in his voice as you nodded.

"I have looked over you ever since we were six and I received this gift. But now I have to leave you. I wish you all the best." You got out of his grip as you walked out of the room with tears flowing down your face.  Putting together your words he ran after you as he grabbed your arms and pinned you to the nearest wall.

"Are you leaving me?" Tears brimmed Myungsoo’s eyes as you nodded.

"I have to. It is part of my job." You said as you looked at him softly as you felt yourself start to disappear.

"I will take her place!" Myungsoo called into the air as you slid down the wall as the angel was taken out of you and put into Myungsoo.

"Myungsoo! I love you please don’t leave me!" You held him tightly to you as he began to fade, tears stained his shirt as you held him.

Remembering what your angel teacher had told you, you quickly pressed your lips against his, hoping that you could reverse it.

With a love as strong, with a kiss can undo wrong. 

Myungsoo began to kiss back as his fingers threaded through your hair as his lips moved with yours. Pulling away after, he looked at you then at himself.

"Are you going to be ok?" Myungsoo asked as you noddded

"If you are with me." Pecking his lips sweetly, he wrapped you in a tight hug as you both stayed in each others arms for a while before heading home, not to leave his side and you from his.