Roomate

Roommate - Soohyun

It was move in day at the dorms and you were busy moving in your things to your side of the room. Unloading your quaint boxes, you started to put books onto your shelves as your roommate, JinBae came in, she had so many cute bags that filled her side of the room and overflowed into your side. She was nice but she was popular, beyond compare, she was in training to be an idol and you couldn’t compare to her even if you tried.

JinBae left the room for the millionth time as you were still trying to figure out where to put all of your books. A small knock came to the door as your head looked over your shoulder at this man that stood in the open doorway.

"Hello, I was just wondering if this was JinBae’s room?" He looked around at the decorations and smirked at her side, that was a total girl zone.

"It is as well as mine." You smirked as you got up and put some more books on the shelf, when it collapsed, you held the shelf yourself but then the man was suddenly right next to you, lifting the shelf back onto its holders.

"I am Shin Soohyun. Would you tell her I stopped please." Soohyun asked as you nodded. "Thanks, I just need to talk to her."

"About what?" You began to straighten the books on the shelf again.

"Ah well…" He rubbed the back of his head as JinBae walked through the door.

"Soohyunie~" She cooed as she ran up to him and gave him a hug. Her bodyguard stood on the outside of the door as you minded your own business. "Can we go on a date tonight, please."

"Anything you want." He smiled at her and her beauty as she pulled him out of the room, he looked back at you as you waved to him.

Weeks passed and Soohyun hung out in your room a lot more, with or without JinBae around. Both of you exchanged names as he waited for when JinBae came home for their dates.

"I have an idea." Soohyun said as you looked up from your homework, "Could we go on a date?"

"I thought that you were in a relationship with JinBae?" You looked back down at your homework.

"We are just dating, there isn’t anything there. But with us there might be." Soohyun filled his words with hope as he looked at you.

"Sure why not." You said plainly

"Great I will see you tonight." Soohyun smiled as he pretended that he got a text and left. Smiling at his simple exit you then began to worry about what you were going to dress up like and how you were going to act on a first date.

Hours later Soohyun came back in tight white jeans and a black button up with the shirt tails handing out. You were in black skinny jeans and a red t shirt. The movie and dinner date was fun. You both laughed a lot and had intelligent conversations, the time flew faster than you wanted it to as he then took you back home. JinBae wasn’t home yet and let a sigh of relief into the room.

Several dates later with Soohyun, JinBae came home as you and Soohyun came home from a date.

"What are you doing with her?" JinBae snapped

"We just went on a date." You said, looking at Soohyun, who’s head dropped down.

"I thought that you were committed to me!" JinBae began to shout as you pushed her inside your room.

"I can date who I want." Soohyun protested.

"Then I can’t see you, you have to only date me, you can’t go around dating other girls." JinBae pointed her nose up to the air as she folded her arms and popped out a hip. "I guess you will have to choose, me or her.”

Her death glare, hit you like a ton of bricks as you took a set back and sat on your bed. Both of you waited for Soohyun’s answer as he thought it out thoroughly.

”________.” Soohyun, turned to face you as you nodded your head, “I choose you.”

"How could you?!" JinBae walked up to him and slapped his face harshly as your face looked up quickly, "You better watch your back ________. I will get you for this". She walked out of the room as Soohyun placed his hand on his cheek. The door slammed shut from her as he turned around and faced you.

"Why?" You looked up at him as he sat on your bed next to you. He let out a small laugh, under his breath as then he turned his head to you.

"You are smarter and can actually carry a conversation, you are your own person, you have a wonderful laugh and smile, you are more available and I have butterflies when I see you." Soohyun counted on his fingers as he got up to ten reasons.

"…But JinBae is a lot prettier, and hotter, she has a nice body and perfect hair and makeup…" Soohyun stopped you with his fingers on your lips.

"I love your warm heart and your welcoming personality, you are so much prettier than her because it isn’t cosmetic beauty. Inner beauty is ten times more beautiful than outer beauty." Soohyun said as he removed his fingers from your lips. His kind eyes locked with yours convincing you that you are everything that he says.

"I like you… my heart skips a beat when I see you. I love being surprised by you and your personality." He leaned on his arm as he moved closer to you, kissing your cheek gently he placed his hand on yours. He pulled away as his cheek got increasingly redder as time passed from the slap.

Moving your fingers around the perimeter of the slap, he focused on your fingers as he smiled as his eyes caught yours again. Loosing track of time, you both sat there in complete silence, just enjoying each others presence.