its hurt

Promise

(I know this is late for contest, i write it because of the subscriber and because i got the inspiration to write this now OTL, i am really sorry to viparmybaby, the contest owner. I just busy in real world to write this before. and i am not sure if it still fit the song anymore.......)

 

 

Jimin walk lifelessly along the pavement. He keep bumped into people and slightly apologized before walk again. 'don't leave me' he keep repeating this in his head like a mantra along his way. He don't even know where to go, he just keep walking. Until he his body can't take it anymore, he fall down to the ground and lay there, look up to cloudy sky. Tears start rolling down his cheeks along with the rain that pouring hard. 'Why? why this thing always happen to me. Why did god always make my loves one leave me'.

......................................

Flashback

10 years ago.

"Jimin-ah, lets go to game center after school," the adorable guy that well known as Jeon Jungkook ask his friend who busy working his homework in the last minute. These 13 years old boys was in their class, waiting for their teacher to start their Math class. 

Jimin shakes his head slightly, "I am sorry Kookie, i need to stay at home with my mom," he keep focus on write down the last number of his homework.

Jungkook just pouted slightly "Fine, i'll go alone," he puffed his cheeks in annoyance. After Jimin mom get pregnant, they barely have time to hang out. As his boyfriend he felt really sad about that. He felt that Jimin being pulled away from him. He sighed and start to read his manhwa with serious face, that doesn't look good on him. 

Jimin finished his homework and look at Jungkook who sat beside him. "Do you mad at me now?" he asked while ruffles the younger hair. Leaned closer and give his best aegyo "Kookie-ah, don't mad at me~ " tugging the other shirt.

Jungkook tried to ignore him at first, but he can't help but forming smiles in his lips. With that Jimin know that he has forgiven. 

They rushed look in front of the class when homeroom teacher made his way in. She give a sign to the class prez not to doing greeting and approach Jimin and Jungkook desk. "Park Jimin, follow me now and takes your bag." she said it with cracked voices, as if she wanted to cry.

Jimin know better that he can't disobeyed his teacher that happen to be his aunt, his mother sister. He rushed himself to put back all his thing into his bag. Stand up and followed her out and stoped when Jungkook hold his hand, look at him with worry. 

Jimin smiled a bit. "Its ok, i'll call you later."

...................................

But Jimin can't manage to do it. He is too shock, sad and angry at the same time. His mother, the one who always at home with him, the one he loves so much, the one who bear his baby brother, leaving him. She died in an accident when go for a little walk to stay fit for her pregnancy. The drunk driver hit her hard, she died instantly.

He is been crying all day. He refuse to do anything but stayed at his room and crying. His aunt not even try to make him go to school. Soon after the funeral, his father decide to move to US. He got job offer and also want to go away from places that hold too many memory of his beloved wife.

Jungkook crying with him in airport. He only manage to say "I'll miss you. Lets made a promise. If you come back again, i will be your bride when we grow up." before bid farewell.

....................................

End flashback

Jimin wake up in a white room. At first he tought that he died and now he is in heaven. But the beeping sound beside him make him realize that he is in hospital. He look beside him, sit a familiar figure, her cheeks stained with tears. "Jimin-ah."

His aunt, 10 years did make her change so much. She is no longer hot headed 26 years old teacher he know. She manage to change or the better, maybe have a child did make her become soft-hearted. 

From her he know that he is in coma for almost a month. Malnutrition and stress in his mind make his body refuse to wake up for so long. Plus he been under the rain almost for 10 hours, the doctor manage to save him from the wrost thing that might happen, death.

"How did you become like this, where is that all ugly bruised come from?"

....................................

Flashback

7 years ago

"I am home." 16 years old Jimin walk in his apartment where he live with his father and step mother in downtown New York.

Two years ago, his father met this beautiful woman that made him felt happy again. They married with Jimin consent, because he wanted to make his father happy. Their family lead a perfect happy family for  a year now.

Jimin frowned when he is not heard a replied. His step mother usually at home at this hour, preparing dinner for him and his father. He walked in and found the woman he already felt as his own mother drink alcohol as much as her heart content. Jimin frozed at this sight, his father go to bussines trip for a week and will be back in three days. But, his father almost always on business trip, and he never see his step mother in this state before.

"Oh, Jimin . You're here?" she slurred in drunken state. 

She stand up and made her way toward Jimin with a bottle in her hand.

Jimin grip his backback tighter, walk backward along with his stepmother footsteps toward him. He felt really scared now. That woman look really scary.

And true, as soon as she can reach him, she start to break the bottle to his head. Kicking, and slaping him endlessly while rant about his father that not love her, that his father still love Jimin mother even if she already dead. The worst part is she force herself on Jimin, leaving a huge scar in this poor boy soul. He can't tell anyone, not even his father about this

.............................................

After his father come back, she act like she used to be. But she will always give Jimin a glare once his father not looking. 

That not stop at that point. She continue to abused and forced herself on Jimin when his father away. She also made him lost contact with Jungkook.

And that lead to that fatefull night. She is pregnant. His father know that she is pregnant, and sure that is not his child. They start to shout at each other, his father accusing her for cheating on him. And she proudly said that the baby in her womb is Jimin's. 

His father get shocked, soon he grab his chest and look in painfull state. The woman face soon change into worry. She called ambulance, but everything is too late, Jimin father pass away on his way to hospital.

After his father death, his life become hell everyday. His step mother realized that she still love Jimin father so much and began to drink everyday. She also abort her baby. He still abused Jimin and blamed him for  his father death.

He  run away from home after he reach 20, but he can't go back to Korea because his step mother held all his document. He life on street for three years. 

That woman not life too long, she commit suicide soon after Jimin left. The lawyer take two years to find him to give his right. The apartment, money and some important document. With his beaten body and soul he made decision to back to Korea. 

flashback end

...............................

Jimin started to be more healthy, but his aunt force him to stay in hospital for few more days. Until she is sure that Jimin was more than well.

He was reading a book of poems when he heard a faint knock on his door. He fixed his siting position.

"Come in," he called out.

The door creaked open and revealing a tall blond guy that he doesn't want to see.

...........................................

flashback

2 months ago

Jimin made his way out of crowded passanger. Waves slightly when he saw her aunt waiting for him with a huge sign of his name.

He is lucky to found his aunt adress and phone number, so he called her before he buy his tickets. She is more than happy to hear this news, he miss him so much and promised to cook his favorite food. 

 "Uhmm, aunty, do you remember Jeon Jungkook," he asked her when they are on her car, heading home.

She think a bit before answered with realization expression. "Ah, he is your childhood friend right."

Jimin nodded, "Do you by any chance know how he is now?"

"Do you want to propose him now?" she , still remember how cute this two in middle school. 

Jimin went pink, but not said anything.

"Sorry, Jimin-ah. i lost contact with him after his graduation. I heard his family moved to new house after their company hit a great success." smiled and patted "I'll asked some of friends who closed to his family."

...................................

But he met Jungkook when acompany his cousin to amusement park before his aunt manage to hold his contact person. They bump into each other when he run along with his 8 years old cousin to the lined people who want to use a new acrade for kids. 

Jimin know him instantly, but Jungkook isn't. Because he just apologize and walk away. Jimin about to called him out when he saw Jungkook run to a tall blonde guy. The two walk hand in hand like a couple make Jimin stoped himself.

......................................

His aunt give him Jungkook contact person with a playfull wink. But Jimin feel hestitant to call Jungkook.

He called few times but cut it as soon as the call answered

"Hello!" the other voices make Jimin froze.

"Hello, anyone there? please stop this kind of prank because this is not funny," And he heard beep sound.

I tried once again.

"I swea....."

"Kookie-ah, its me Jimin."

.......................................

They sat face to face in a coffee shop. The air between them so thick that Jimin felt hard to breath. Jungkook look cold and barely said few sentence since they met. 

"Jimin-ssi, i don't really remember what happen in the past. We might close at one point, but aren't you think we just like a stranger now." Jungkook break the silence with his cold tone voice.

"Ah, i see" Jimin nodded "But i just want to know how are you now. like you said, we are really closed before."

"I am fine, its perfect actually." he shruged and sip his coffee. 

"Its good to hear that."

Silence again.

"If there nothing else i need to go now." Jungkook stand up and walk away

"Do yo remember our promise? the one we made before i went to US"

Jungkook stoped but but not look back at Jimin, "I am sorry Jimin-ssi, I don't even remember you, how do you expect me to remember a childhood promise. i'll go now."

"Do you date someone now?"

Jungkook look back at him with unreadable expression and raised eyebrows."What if i am?"

"That tall blond guy right?" Jimin look down, closed his eyes to prevent his tear from falling down.

"Ah, he is Zelo, my fiance," 

With that last straw, Jimin felt his shatered heart turn into million pieces. His last hope of happiness just tell him that he is not fit into the picture anymore.

'flashback end

.....................................

20 years later

Jimin take a deep breath while look at his reflection in the mirror. He tried to form a smile but just felt awkward. He fixed his tie for the nine times already.

"Yah, you're just go for your son graduation, why you acting like its your gaduation?" his 'wife' nag at him.

"I still need to look good, yeobo." he grin and peck his 'wife' lips.

"Ugh, don't call me with that, i hate it!"

"Sure, Kookie."

........................................

present

Jimin following Zelo in the hallways. He start getting nervous seeing their destination become more and more closer. 

He can't believe that Jungkook actually lying to him. Zelo is not his fiance, just a friend, bestfriend to be exact. Zelo told him everything. About how Jungkook brag about Jimin to their friends in high school. How he secretly crying in the corner of their dorm because Jimin stop replying his letter. 

He is sick, cancer. It start in his freshman year, but he have no motivation to take medication. And it become worse and worse, until doctor said he just have five month to live. Zelo and all of his friend try to cheer him up. Take him to amusement park, namsan tower, beach and basicly everywhere he can have fun.

And sudden call from Jimin make him really down. He remember their promise, and look at his pale face in the mirror. He think himself unworthy for Jimin. After the meeting with Jimin, his health drastically worsened. doctor tried their best but now just a miracle that can make him stay alive.

Zelo knock the door and a deep voice state "Come in,"

They walk into the hospital room

"How are you, buddy." Zelo walk into Jungkook view. The one who lay with pale face, but manage to glare at him. 

"Choi Junhong, who is this guy?" the guy with deep voices eyeing Jimin. Make Jungkook follow suit but he just froze and stare at Jimin

"Yah, don't call me that, hyung." he look at Jimin who froze at his place, Zelo look back and forth between Jimin and Jungkook. He made his way out and manage to drag the other guy out. Who just protest without refused being pulled out.

Silence.

They keep staring at each other. Jimin the first one who broke it. He came closer and sit beside him while take the younger hands

"I am sorry to make you wait this long, i am sorry i am not replying your letter, i am sorry because of me you bacome like this, i am sorry, i am sorry, i am sorry..... even i said it thousand times i still can't turn back time to change it. So please let me make it up to you for the rest of our life. Kookie-ah, will you marry me?"

With tear stained face, Jungkook manage to give small nods.

 

the end

 

 

author note:

wtf, what did i just write!

so there is the update, sorry for taking so long to finish this

i am not a good writer, plus english is not my first language

so i hoping for some review from you guys