It's Not Perfect at All

The Recognition (set of one shot Sequels)

A/n: Hallo!!! I know I promised to update Freedom of the Hearts, but I decided to delay the update first and post this one instead. Hope you enjoy reading! :)


It's Not Perfect at All

...

In a course of marriage and family life, there would be times wherein you felt like going in and around the routine as what you had yesterday. Like you're living inside a loophole that plays the same scenario over and over again, although time and dates do run. The time you spend at home was becoming less warm than how it used to be. The house has less clutter, actually it had been clutter free for a few years since the kids grew up and became busy with thier own thing. It was less noisy too — no more bantering, no more squealing, no more crispy laughter, no more piano playing, no more chorus singing, just plain... quietness.  I had no idea how everything went this way when all it had been was perfect. Suddenly, I have the urge to curl down and sleep for a day to just dream of how it was back then.

I missed those days. I missed those cheerful young times, especially now that I and my wife are old enough to have one adult daughter and one teenage son.

When I was at a certain age, my life had been all scattered until I fell in love to a certain stubborn girl and my life fell exactly where I dreamed it would be. I was blessed since then: a beautiful and loving wife, a daughter who's an exact replica of her but with the attitude I possess, a son who looks exactly like me but thinks impeccably like his mother. It was a good life, a wonderful family and a warm and loving household. It was... until the inhabitants grew up, old and physically apart.

These days, when you watch your kids do things that doesn't involve you anymore, unlike when they're younger, it would feel unengaging. They would simply be at home during weekends and it would be seldom to catch them during daytime.

Yoowon, my Strawberry, has her own set of priorities already and she values her time alone doing further clinical research for cardiovascular medicine. She's going college soon... very soon and is preparing for a medical school. I never even thought of my eldest to take up medicine when what I dreamed of her was to continue the art and the family legacy of pottery. I was a little upset though, that the family legacy had became her hobby than her profession. It was her who had possessed the talent that I had and it was her who appreciates the art I love for so long. But, I can't complain because when it comes to my children, I always value their decision and more their independence. As a father, I trust them immensely when it comes to their choices than what I thought they should do. Well, my wife had mold them that way — oriented and confident about what and where they wanted to be, and so they do.

My son Bum is more interested in Architecture and design than learning to run the business the way I did when I was his age. He's more ecstatic when he talks about computer programs involving 3D animation, autocad and other things I've not heard about which was all about drawing and industrial design. And would sulk and whine when I start talking about paper works in the museum. He would always give that look which was pretty similar to the look of her mother when she's having a tough day. And because he was cut in the same cloth as his mother, he would not dare complain to me vocally, rather, he would simply display the look and I'm left to say 'okay, I got it'.

In the coming days, the house would definitely fall quieter than today because Yoowon is leaving to England for college while Beom decided to transfer in an all boys school and would stay in an in-house dormitory.

Me and my wife hadn't expect that the kids would eventually leave the house just for their studies. We did prepared that they would soon leave when they reach college just as Yoowon would be, but for Bum to also move out of the house because he wanted to continue high-school in a dormitory was a thought that never crossed our minds. It was just too soon for me and my wife, yet for both our children, it was just the right timing.

Our eldest had openly agreed about her younger brother's fierce decision, saying that Bum was mature and smart enough to take care of himself. Well of course when it comes to Bum, Yoowon has no second thoughts for she trusts and supports her baby brother all the way. She would often say that Bum was way mature than Minho (Junpyo’s eldest) in all aspects of life and she admires Bum's candid and honest personality. 'He'll do great, Dad. He thinks like Mom, so you don't have to worry'. Yes, maybe he'll do better than I did for sure.

But still...

I am feeling dreadful and wary about the two of them leaving and I am even concern about my wife... oh, my lovely wife looks a little less lively these past few days. I know that she's feeling twice more than what I am feeling now. She's always been wary of leaving the kids behind and was always vocal about her misgivings and what more is she feeling when it's already them that were leaving us behind?

My Gaeul was less cheerful and would always zone out in the middle of our talk and I am left staring at her, wondering what's running in her head. I tried asking her, and tried cheering her up but all my attempts were answered with a wary smile and a deafening silence. Because of her usual reaction, I decided not to pressure her any further and would simply drown myself to worrying about her more than the kids. It also seemed as if her world had been all around the kids ever since and I am simply at the sideline of her concerns. Afterall, she's a very hands-on mother while I, well I am the very capable father who provides more than what my family needed. Maybe, that's where I fall in place — the provider but not the nurturer.

All of us—me, Yoowon and Bum had been very dependent with Gaeul. Although, the kids were less clingy to her than I am. Honestly, I've been so into my wife in all things I do, and sometimes I am struck-frightened at the idea that she may grow tired of me. That eventually she would stay away from me or worse, leave me too.

I continue to warder with my overly active imagination while the pile of papers in front of me stayed untouched. I went on with my wardering thought and had forgotten that days are running rather too quickly. And then the next day I opened my eyes, we're all getting ready to send Yoowon to England.

Gaeul stood beside me, obviously supressing the mixture of negative feelings she's having inside. Gently, I reached and wrapped my arms around her shoulder and pulled her against me. She was too close that I can feel her every shaking bones. Back in my head, I understood that it's hard for her to see our daughter leaving and it was even harder to keep a happy and proud face when all of her insides are flipping into hinges. I just know the feeling because it was mutual.

Across us were Yoowon and Bum, chatting non-stop like they used to be. I bet they're making the most of it as for a few minutes, Yoowon would by in her flight. Bum had his head rested on his sister's shoulder while Yoowon's arm was at his shoulder, her fingers playing with Bum's hair. I will miss seeing them like this. They've always been so close and were each others' best friends. And as father I felt that they were also making a hard choice in leaving everything behind, including us their parents and of course each other.

I glanced downwards at my wife who was also looking at Yoowon and Bum. And without warning, the damn broke endlessly and my lovely wife was shaking. I pulled her immediately and wrapped her in an embrace while at same time keeping our kids from seeing their mother cry. They would definitely hate that and that might even derail all the polished plans we had so far. Carefully, I held Gaeul's face and gently wiped her tears away.

"Hey, Honey, it's okay. The kids are going to be fine. We are all going to be fine, okay?"

Gladly, she nodded her head and smiled at me softly. I kissed her forehead and we heard Yoowon's flight being announced. It was a few minutes filled with constant reminders, kissing and hugging and reminders again from both me and Gaeul, and I sensed that Yoowon was getting a little flustered about it all. We stayed for another five minutes and when Yoowon's flight was announced to depart safely, we decided to go home.

During lunch, I watched Gaeul looking intently at our oblivious son who was happily eating his meal. She was again feeling bitter because after we eat, we're going to send Beom to his dormitory and Gaeul was a string away from breaking. I tentatively claimed her hand and squeezed it gently, praying that it might  lift her spirit a little. She looked back at me as if asking me 'Is everything really going to be okay?' And I answer her with a smile.

In the midst of our worry, we found ourselves standing in front if Bum's dormitory quarter and he was grinning at us. I gazed at him, wondering when were all those days went that all of a sudden our Bambam was all a grown young teenage boy. He looked so much like me when I was young, yet he possesses the vibe of a more confident and intelligent me. We're so alike and so different at the same time. How I wish he and Yoowon had never grown up. I want them back when they were still our babies, back when all their life revolves solely on me and Gaeul. How I wish....

We walked tentatively towards the parking lot and Gaeul was extremely quiet beside me. We're heading back to our car and I know we both are reluctant to leave. Actually, if Bum did not literally pushed us out of his quarter, we might have been camping with him until forever. But we know we can't and we understood why.

The drive home was too much to bare as the silence was almost everywhere. I was in daze and somewhat looming over the reality that the kids were already out of our house and it's just the two of us.... again... after some long years.

And as I opened the main door to let my wife enter first, the cold and upsetting atmosphere welcomed us and just as that Gaeul threw herself at me and started crying. I held her tightly while I lead the both of us inside. We sat at the sofa and for so many years I realized it was the very first time I saw Gaeul broke down in tears as worse as this. She did not cried this much when our marrige went on the rocks due to a blown out of proportion maliscious news. She was able to hold up with her emotions that time compared to now.

I held her as she continue to cry, not realizing that my eyes were also clouding. She appeared to age another year and that's because of how things were presented to us at the very moment. I know we're old enough to be acting this way, but merely the absence of the usual cheerful sound in the house was a hard knot in my throat. It was so... sad. We stayed for a while, hugging and Gaeul had already stopped crying. We consoled each other that at least Beom would be home during holidays and especial breaks, however, Yoowon might not be home for at least a year.

It was all a hard work to adapt in the absence of kids for weeks, but eventually, with the help of talking and burning both our time in work, it became better. Gaeul regained her bright demeanor, yet she has those moments wherein she would be quiet. I'm glad that she's vocal with me, telling that she misses the kids. At least I know the reason behind her every sigh and silence. But, do I really know it entirely?

We've been doing great for a while. I buried myself in work as she too, took her spare time teaching photography again. She started to get excited again, and was happily relaying her days to me at dinner. After years of being married, we're back into getting to know each other again. I was satisfied by Gaeul's brighter demeanor as reflected with the number of times she had been talking with Yoowon in the phone and the often return of Bum during weekends.

However, as the work in the museum became a little demanding of my time, I somewhat gave less time to my wife. I've been caught up with my work and I didn't notice how Gaeul was feeling about my frequent absence at dinner time. I had always appreciate that she understands my part, but what I failed to notice was she doesn't have anyone to talk to anymore, not when Yoowon is in the other time zone, not when Bum is way too young to carryout her concerns and not when our friends are busy with their own family life. Gaeul became little less open to me and I was left wondering what I did wrong.

Then again I set aside the concern and thought she simply misses our children and went on with my hectic work schedule. I sometime went home to see her sleeping in the sofa waiting for me and in the later weeks, Gaeul had decided to sleep before I come home. It became our usual routine and I was surprised to notice we haven't talk properly for three weeks. I suddenly felt that I miss her.

Early Friday evening I decided to go home with a bouquet of flowers with me. I happily marched towards the living room and grinned when I saw her. Then I frowned, she was dressed casually and was standing near the glass window. Is she going somewhere? She seemed to be waiting for me and I immediately felt excited thinking that we might go out and eat in a fine dine.

Gaeul might have noticed my presence as she turned her attention to me. "Oh! You're here. I've been waiting for you." She said softly.

"Why?" I asked curious and wary about the kind of tone she used to me. "Is there anything you want to tell me? You are dressed nicely, do you want us to go somewhere?"

Her expression changed in a way I could tell that she's struggling inside. Just by how she looked, I felt panic prickling down my spine. Anyhow, I tried to calm my nerves and waited for her to talk. I might be reading too much into nothing, I chided myself.

"Ani..." She started in barely a wishper, and that if I hadn't been waiting for her to speak, I wouldn't be hearing her. My heart started to pound harder when she let the word hang in the air for seconds.

"So Yi Jeong..." I blanched, she haven't called me that way for so long and in such a cold tone, it sound foriegn and distant in my ears. "I'm going somewhere... I'm leaving..."

"What?" I asked her almost instantly in voice that's almost a yell. When she did not continue, I roamed my eyes around the room and saw a huge carrier just beside the leather couch.

"You're leaving me?" I couldn't contain the accusatory and pained tone in my voice. Hell, I am feeling lightheaded with the chaotic emotions I was having.

Gaeul dropped her gaze down the floor, twidling her knotted fingers. "I wish to go to Europe."

"Why? Where in Europe? Can you wait so I can clear my schedule? I'll go with you." I made the word comprehensive enough even if I was stuttering.

"I want to visit Yoowon. I am also invited to attend an expo in France. And no, I wish to go alone." She said too calmly that I felt her talking detached from herself.

"Honey..."

"No. I'm serious, I want to go alone."

I gaped at her and then in one blow, my anger spiked. "Why didn't you tell me so?" I force the words between my teeth.

And for a few words I said, I was able to snap her out of her guarded emotions. "Tell you? Why? How?"

"Because I'm your husband! Should that be a question or what?" I glared at her and were both are glowering at each other.

"Huh!" She snorted. "Oh! Husband, just when was the last time we talk to each other?" I know she was highlighting the sarcasm of her words. "I barely see that face of yours in the dinner table and I'm wondering of what is it that's keeping you busy... or should I ask you who?"

What? Is she thinking that I am cheating? "For the love of God, Gaeul! Are you implying that I am having an affair?" I can't believe this is happening to me, to us.

"I don't know! I don't know anymore, Yi Jeong, you tell!"

"God help me! Gaeul, no! No! I am not cheating on you, it never even crossed my mind ever! I am just working! God! Who give you the...?" I stopped when I saw her accusing glare at me as if knowing what it was that I was going ask. It's me. I gave her the impression, I haven't been talking to her and I always come home late. !

We stayed standing across each other for how long, I don't know. And when Gaeul shifted and reached for the carrier, I panicked and made a step towards her.

"No!" She warned me and I made a step backwards.

"Gaeul, please, let's talk. Honey, please..." I reached for her and she dogged my hand.

"Don't." She waved her hand to me. "I need this. I have to go."

"Please don't do this Gaeul. You just can't leave like this, you can't go! Don't you love me anymore?" I asked, desperately. There was really nothing that's getting in my head and I am panicking like hell.

Slowly, Gaeul regarded me with a look I had not seen in her. She seemed confused with my question, bewildered and surprised even. And then, she walked past me and towards the door—the carrier in her hand and she turned to me with a hurtful gaze.

"Shouldn't it be me to ask you that?"

 


...

 

Yi Jeong stirred, his head was pouding heavily and he felt like he has a bad hangover or what. He tried to open his eyes, but he failed and for some reason, he's confused. His lungs was screaming for air...

Gaeul! No! Gaeul is leaving! No! No, no, no!

"Yi Jeong!"

And his eyes forced open. He was confused for a second and shut his eyes close again. Gaeul! He recalled what just happened and he opened his eyes again and frantically searched for his wife. When his vision was clear, he saw his wife looking back at him in pure worry.

"Honey, are you okay? Hey?"

Oh! My wife, she's here! She did not leave! Gaeul stayed! Yi Jeong was field with outpouring jubilation. Without knowing, he pulled Gaeul with him and embraced her tightly as if she would drift if he wouldn't hold her firm.

"You're here!" Yi Jeong exclaimed while Gaeul was recovering form her initial shock.

What's wrong with him? She was curious, but it was soon forgotten when he felt her lung being crushed with Yi Jeong's embrace.

"Honey, are you trying to kill me? I can't breathe!"

Yi Jeong tensed in response to Gaeul's complain and swiftly, he loosened his hold. He stared hard at her as if weighting whether she's real or not. And when Gaeul reached for his face, while gently running her thumbs against his skin, Yi Jeong shut his eyes and nodded rigorously. Yes! She's here indeed!

"Are you okay? Did you have a bad dream?" She asked softly.

Dream? Did I? Abruptly, he opened his eyes and stared intently at his wife. She looks young, beautiful and breathtaking, despite the hard creased forehead she was sporting. Oh! It was all a dream! Thank heavens!

"Hey?" Gaeul pressed again, but she was answered by a long, hard and consuming kiss from Yi Jeong.

They were both breathing heavily when the kiss ended and although Gaeul was practically in daze, she easily snapped out to reality and regarded Yi Jeong worriedly. She was about to open when Yi Jeong rained her face with soft kisses. He practicaly kiss every inch of her face while mumbling to himself.

"God! I miss you, miss you! I miss you so much! Good God Gaeul, I love you!"  He breathed the words like a prayer before he kissed her again. This time, softly.

"Just what in the world happened to you?" Gaeul asked against his lips. "Tell me, I am worried."

For a moment, Gaeul let Yi Jeong regain his compusure and when he became fine, he started to tell what his dream was all about.

"You were leaving me! Strawberry was in Europe for college, Bambam was in a dormitory and you... You were leaving me alone in our house! It was my fault though, I buried my time in work because were both adjusting for the kids' absence and I kind of lost my time with you and you're upset. You were leaving me..."  Yi Jeong rambled in his talk with pure fright in his voice.

When Yi Jeong fell silent with a look of horror in his face, Gaeul pulled him in and hugged him tightly. Yi Jeong was shaking. It must have been a torture to him, she thought. "And? What happen next?" She asked and he twitched.

"I begged you... I asked you to not leave me, but... You thought that I'm cheating." Gaeul gasped and Yi Jeong went on. "I told you honestly that I  never did think of that, but you won't beleive me. I begged you to stay and asked you if you still love me..." He sighed deep as if emerging from the abyss.

"And all you did was walk past me and asked me back my question, then you left. I am alone, I am so alone and scared... I don't know what to do!"

"Hey! Hey, it's all a dream. I'm not going anywhere, not unless you want me to."

"No! Don't you dare! Or I'll hunt you down!"

Despite all her husband’s rattling, Gaeul managed to threw her head back and laughed at Yi Jeong's outburst. "Exactly! You will do exactly as what I am thinking, so why worry when you are very capable of tailing me?" She giggled and Yi Jeong buried his face against her chest in embarassment.
                                                   
"And the kids are way too young to go anywhere. Bambam is just three and Straberry is only eight. And I don't have any plans of leaving you because it never even crossed my mind."

"I..."

"No, Honey, stop. Nobody is going anywhere, okay. I'm here and kids are here too. It was all a dream and my God, Honey, it’s still 2:30 AM..."

Yi Jeong gazed back at his wife and wondered about why he had dreamt of such. Was it a warning? Or was he being rediculously scared if one day he'll be left alone like how he was before - having everything and nothing at the same time. He frowned at the memory and prayed that it would never happen, not now and not in the future.          

"I'm sorry if I you worry." He said while he held both side of her face.

"You should be, I'm scared to death!"

"I know, I'm sorry... Forgive me?"

"Not unless you take a shower first...." She teased. "You need to freshenup. You're soaked with sweat and you're hugging me!"

Yi Jeong stubbornly shook his head and buried his face again against Gaeul's neck, inhaling her scent as if it was his assurance of existence. "No! Stay! Don't go, please, Gaeul-yang?" He kissed her shoulder soflty. "Just let me hold you for a while."

And Gaeul remained patient with him as she stayed cuddling Yi Jeong like he was some lost kid. He didn't tell her how terrified he was at the idea of being left all in his own. Yi Jeong went through that at a young age and even if he made it as far as today, he didn't know if he could still make it through some more years if it happens to be Gaeul who's leaving him. It was her all along and if she leaves, Yi Jeong would be lost forever.

Gaeul, even if her husband didn't say anything further, she knows that he's afraid of being alone again. She could proudly say that she knows Yi jeong like the back of her palm. The painful past he went through, the lonely childhood he endured, the absence of his family at times when he needed them the most, the lies and the illness of his mother, the failed relationship he had with his first love, the love she and Yi Jeong shared which she had once forgotten, the painful excile he suffered... those were too much and it pained her to realized that until now, her husband is still having doubts and such fears.

"I love you! You know that, right?"  She assuref him.

"Hmm... And I you. Please stay."

They stayed engaged in an embrace for how long, they both had lost count. Gaeul patiently let her husband hug her as long as he's pleased thinking that it's the only thing that would assure him of her presence. It must have been the longest hug they ever had and somehow, even in such circumstances, Gaeul was feeling sincerely glad.

She was drifting along her thoughts and was surprised when Yi Jeong suddenly pushed her down the bed and hovered swiftly above her. Gaeul yelp in surprise but was abruptly shushed when Yi Jeong ambushed her with hungry kisses. She tried to calm him down by tapping both his shoulders, but Yi Jeong reached for both her hands and trapped it above her head. He went on with the kiss almost until forever before it slowly became gentler to which Gaeul turned at ease. She smoothly tugged her hands off from his hold and it didn't take too much effort and he had freed her.

Gaeul carefully placed her hands on both sides of Yi Jeong's face, gently feeling it while she wholeheartedly responded to his advances. She kissed him with equal fervor and at the same time assuring him that she would never go anywhere away from him. He groaned against her lips when her hand started wandering on his back, under his shirt.

"Don't leave me..." His voice was pleading and desperate.

"I won't leave, I'm here and will always be here." She answered sincerely against his lips.

"I need you..."

"I'm all yours."

Yi Jeong kissed her again shortly before he pulled himself up, straddling her as he took off his shirt, discarding it at the sideline. He bent down again to give her a breath kiss that almost drowned both of them. When they broke apart, and Yi Jeong had rested his forehead against his wife, they were both panting.

"I did worry you, huh?"

"Yes." She answered truthfully, "I was frightened when you were throwing yourself side to side and was calling my name. But that was all a dream and I am glad you're speaking to me now."

"Let's not argue again, please...?"

"That would be impossible Honey, but let's try not to argue a lot. That's a compromise." Gaeul offered, thinking that their argument from the last night had triggered his nightmare also that she decided to sleep with the kids rather with her husband.

Yi Jeong stared at his wife for a moment before breaking into an adoring smile. "Well then let's seal the deal." He announced before bending down to kiss his wife the way he yearned.

 


...

 

The light from the window was awfully painful in his eyes and he wanted to bury himself at the confines of his wife's hair. Still with his eyes closed, Yi Jeong tried to feel the other person beside him with the sole purpose of hugging her, but she wasn't there. Abruptly, he bolt seated up the bed and his eyes wide open to search for his missing wife. As his eyes landed at the doorway, and as it creeked open, he slowly relaxed when he saw his tiny replica - Bummie holding a bear as big as him with a sheepish smile painted on his lips. Trailing behind his youngest was Yoowon who's grinning at him with a cake on her hands. And then the wife whom he was looking for was at the end line, holding three blue balloons with her and was starting to sing a greeting song and soon the three of them was already singing him a Happy Birthday.

Oh! It's my birthday!

"~Happy Birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday day to you!~ Happy Birthday Dada!" His family greeted him in chorus and his worry was all swept away.

Yoowon gently went to him, holding his cake. "Dad, happy birthday! Make a wish then blow your cake!"

Yi Jeong closed his eyes and made a wish, a wish that was long been granted to him. He smiled shyly and blew the candles then he slowly took the cake from Yoowon and placed it at the bedside table.

"What does Dad have as a gift then?" He asked and Yoowon rewarded him with a smile before showering him with sweet kisses. That was something he would love to have over and over again.

"Happy Birthday Dad, love you!" She whispered then sat beside him.

"Love you too, Strawberry."

Bummie then went to his side carrying a Teddy bear with him.

"Happy beewwthday, Dada! Gift!" He said and slumped the cuddly bear into Yi Jeong's lap. It was Bummie's favorite bear that he bought in his business trip to Paris three years ago. And he was so touched that his son was willing to give him his favorite toy.

"Dada, you bowwooww, okay?" Bummie added when Yi Jeong was staring intently at the Teddy bear.

Ha! He's not giving it! He guessed rightly and he nodded at the little one, shuffling his hair while chuckling. Then he turned to his wife who's watching the exchange with a smile on her fare. Yi Jeong looked back at Gaeul with much expectations.

"Well, what does our birthday boy wants?" Gaeul asked and Yi Jeong smiled adoringly.

"You, just the three of you." He said with full pride and content.

"Happy Birthday Jongie. Love you!" His wife said before he pulled her in and hugged her tight.

"God! I can't believe that I am having all of this!" Yi Jeong couldn't hide his amazement. "Love you more, Honey. Thank you for giving me all of this." He whispered to Gaeul to which she replied with a sweet kiss on his cheek.

"Dad? What did you wish this time?" Yoowon asked as the four of them snuggled close on the bed - Yi Jeong's head was rested comfortably at Gaeul's lap, Bummie too, as the kid was blinking at his sister who has her head on Yi Jeong's chest, while Gaeul was fondly observing them.

"Hmmm... I wished that you and Bambam won't grow old." He answered and Gaeul fought the urge to roll her eyes at Yi Jeong's answer.

Yoowon furrowed her brows together as if weighting the answer she would be saying to her father. Gently, as to not to make her Dad embarrassed, Yoowon replied. "Dad, that's not going to happen. Everybody grows old."

"I know sweetie." Yi Jeong offered and smiled at Yoowon before turning to his wife who he knew was looking at him. "It was just a wish, Strawberry. Not all wish comes true, but mine from a long ago did and that's what I am thankful of now." He reached for Gaeul's hand and kissed it.

"Me! I want wish too!" Bummie exclaimed out of the blue.

"And what's Bambam's wish?" Gaeul asked.

"I want to mawwy Soeunnie!" Bummie answered with full enthusiasm.

"What?" Yi Jeong was surprised.

"Who's Soeunnie?" Gaeul asked with pure worry while Yoowon was laughing at her brother's expense.

"I wwove Soeunnie!" Bum exclaimed and his parents were becoming more concern.

"Yah! Who's that Soeunnie?"

"Dad, Mom, it's Kim So Eun. She's the child actress in the kids' show that Bum saw yesterday. She's really smart and pretty. And Mom, no worries Soeunnie is just three." Yoowon assured her mother who's looking apprehensively at her Dad.

"What?" Yi Jeong asked when Gaeul's attention went to him. She could really make him feel uncomfortable with just her stare. "What did I do now, Honey?"

"You! Your son is becoming more like you! It's in your genes!"

Yi Jeong immediately raised both his hands as a sign of surrender. "Well, that's not our fault if we have good eyes for beautiful ladies. It's a gift, Honey."

Gaeul gestured a hand at her husband, "I am watching you both, get that?"

"Honey, I only have my eyes on you and you know that."

"That's not what I mean! I am just afraid that you would make some stupid gestures if Bambam beg you to see that child actress. I know he's got you wrapped in his tiny little fingers, Honey."

"I won't promise that."

"So Yi Jeong!"

"I have to see first if that Soeunnie is indeed pretty then maybe..."

"Stop spoiling my children!"

"I am not..."

"Dada, can I mawwwy Soeunnie? Please?"

"So Sang Bum!" Gaeul exclaimed and Bummie was surprised at his Mom's outburst and later scrunched his face, lower lip was already pushed forward.

"No, no, no Bambam. Mom, means 'Not yet', because you're still young. But when you grow up and finish school, you can. Dada approves!"

"Oh! Oh! I want to gwoww fast! Must dwink moy miwk! And school! Bambam want school!"

Yoowon laughed at Bummie's answer and Yi Jeong simply nodded at his son with a smile while Gaeul helplessly pursed her lips together and glaring at her husband.

 


A/n: Thank you!