Never In My Entire Life

Everything Has Changed

JAN MI'S POV
"Please?" 

"No." 

"Whyyyy? It's weekend!" Donghae reasoned out, I just roll my eyes. 

"You've been playing basketball for the whole week!" 

"But that's training, this is a friendly match." 

"Ugh. Okay do whatever you want." I said out flatly. 

"Jinjja?!" He asked, I can feel him grinning. 

"Eng. Just call me when you got home. Don't be out too late okay?" 

"Yes yes yes I won't~!" 

"Okay saranghae~" 

"Bye!" He said out excitedly before hanging up. 


I just laid flatly on the bed, staring at the dirty white ceiling. 

He didn't even ask me out.

Well I'm not really the type who wants to go out on a date with her boyfriend everyday. Maybe just once in a month will be okay... But, I think it's been almost four months since we last went out on a date. 

Donghae's been really busy with trainings since he's our school's basketball player. Of course I cannot do anything about his training days since I agreed when he asked me about joining the school's team... It's just that, nowadays, I can feel that he loves basketball more than he loves me. 

Okay maybe I'm just overreacting, but then, he doesn't have time for me anymore.


 


~
"Hey Donghae sunbaenim is looking for you." Chanyeol, one of my classmates called me. 

"Oh thanks." I smiled at him, making my way out of the room. 


"Hey there." I smiled at my boyfriend. 

"I can't send you home later... We have an upcoming game next month and our coach wants us to practice everyday." He said without even greeting me back. 

"Ahh... Geure?" Was my only answer as he nodded. "Arasseo, I can go home by myself." I told him and finally, he smiled back at me. I miss his smile...

"I need to get going, bye!" He tapped my shoulder before running off somewhere. 


I only sighed the moment he ran off before making my way back to the room. 

"Are you still dating?" Yoona, one of my closest friend asked me. 

"I guess so." I shrugged. 

"What kind of answer is that?" She let out a sarcastic laugh. 

"Maybe... Well for me, we are still dating. I don't know for him though." 

"Did he... Broke up with you? Or maybe you had a big fight?" She continues to ask while I just shook my head. 

"Everything's fine... Well except that we don't really spend time with each other anymore." 

"Tch. You know, I can smell a break up soon." 

"MWO?!" I glared at her while she just smiled before shrugging. 

"Relationship without intimacy is hard you know." She said, almost sounding like an expert. "Besides, you're worst than having a long-distance relationship!" 


 



I went home, thinking over what Yoona told me during lunch. 

"If he can't make time for you, then you make time for him."


I stood up from bed, grabbing up a jacket as I went out of the house with my mom yelling at me. 

"I'll be back soon! I'll just check up on Donghae!" I yelled, running to the bus stop. 



I arrived at the school's gym as I saw a few girls waiting outside. I just took my phone out, sending 'Jagi' a message saying I'll be waiting for him outside the gym. 


I got bored so I started playing Candy Crush on my phone to kill some time. Well I'm not really expecting him to go out immediately once he sees my message since he must be going through a tough training right now. 



After almost two boring hours, I finally got up, dismissing the plan of asking him to eat dinner with me. It's almost 9 in the evening so might as well eat dinner alone since I'm starving. 

I was about to leave the area when I heard several footsteps behind me. I looked back just to see him, together with Siwon oppa and Eunhyuk oppa. 

"Oh Jang Mi ya!" Siwon oppa was the first one to call me. 

"Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed at the two seniors.

"Donghae we'll go ahead." Eunhyuk oppa said, tapping my shoulder as they finally left us. 


"How long have you been waiting?" He asked, I just smiled at him, taking his hand with mine. 

"Are you hungry? Let's eat." I said, not answering his question. 


We arrived at the fast food chain nearby, immediately ordering burger and fries before sitting down at the corner. 

Donghae immediately ate his burger as I just stare at his loving face. 

"What?" He asked, brows raising. 

"I just missed you." I told him. 

"Psh." Was his only comment before continuing to eat his burger.  I just eat my burger slowly while occasionally feeding him with fries. 

 



"Hey," he called out after a while. 

"Hmm?" 

"I'm sorry I can't send you home nowadays... It's just that--" I cut him off by stuffing fries on his mouth. 

"It's okay. I know you'll have an important game soon." I smiled at him, in which he quickly returned. 



After eating, we made our way out of the fast food chain, and walked to where bus stop is. 

I slowly slipped my hands into his', just enjoying his warm hands unto mine. 

Reaching the bus stop, I just gave him a small hug before waving him off. But instead of going home, he just raised his brows at me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Why are you sending me off?" He asked back. 

"Ugh... 'Cause your house is on the other side of the road...?" I said, unsure. 

"Ya, are you stupid?" He then smack my head a little, earning a glare from me. 

"Ya!" I yelled back, but he just chuckle in return. 

"It's late... I should send you home you know." He said, cupping her face and leaning in to peck my forehead. 

"Ughh..." I let out an unknown sound, feeling all giddy inside. Seung Jan Mi, what the heck?!

 




Few weeks had passed, and that night was the last time I saw him. The only communication we're having is texting and sometimes calling. I don't often call him because he would always send me a message saying how their coach would give them a rough time regarding the practice and such. And of course, as a caring girlfriend, I will just ask him to do his assignments, eat and rest. 

 

 

 



~~~
DONGHAE'S POV

"Can I go?" 

"Eng." 

"R-really?!" I asked her again, confirming. 

"Eng." 

"Thanks!!!" I grinned. 

"Ooh~" she said before hanging up. 
-----end of conversation-----

I happily fixed my things, shrugging the thought of how Jan Mi didn't ask so many questions. 

Well she would usually tell me to go home early and to not stress myself too much. 

Anyways she sounded like I woke her up from a nap so she probably don't know what she's saying. ㅋㅋㅋ



~
I took my phone out from my pocket, calling Jan Mi since I can't find her in her room. 

-----start of conversation-----
"Yoboseyo?" She finally answered after the nth ring. 

"Heyyy~" I pouted even though I know she can't see it. "Where are you?" 

"Umm... Why? You have a basketball practice, right?" 

"A supposed practice that is." I corrected her. "But then Coach Kim told us to go home instead because he's not feeling well." 

"Ahh... Geure?" 

"Eng. So I was wondering if we can go home and maybe eat dinner together instead." I told her, preventing myself from sounding too excited. 

"Ahh... We... Umm... I still need to do some school stuffs so maybe you can go ahead?"

"Really...?" I asked, trying my best not to sound disappointed. "Maybe I can wait for you? Where are you? I'll go there." 

"N-no need. I'm fine, just go home and rest. You don't always have this kind of time for yourself you know." 

"Are you sure?" I asked once again. Well she's right, but... 

"Eng. Just take a rest, arasseo? I-I need to go now." 

"Hmm" I replied shortly as she immediately hang up. 
-----end of conversation----- 



~
It's already 9 in the evening and I'm just slumping myself on the bed, waiting for Jan Mi's call. 

I'm not really the type to send numerous messages just because she didn't reply. 

I think she's either tired, or maybe her phone is dead that's why she's not calling me. 

I'll just visit her in her room tomorrow. I told myself as my eyes started to feel heavy. 





Morning came as I found myself immediately checking my phone. 

No calls nor messages. 

Oh well, she might be really busy for her not to send me even a single message saying 'Good night.' Right? 




It's dismissal time and today, our coach asked us to practice even for just an hour before going home since he's still not feeling well. 

I got my phone, instantly calling Jan Mi to inform her that we should go home together. 

"Yoboseyo?" She answered, almost panting. 

"Hey I'll just have an hour of training and after that we'll be dismissed. Let's go home together alright?" 

"But..." 

"But?" Don't tell me she's busy again?

"I still have to do some things... Maybe you can go ahead?" She asked, unsure. 

"What are you doing anyways?" I started asking her. She should tell me, right?

"Dance practice." She replied shortly. 

"Dance... Practice?" I can't help myself to giggle. "For what?" 

"Umm... For the senior's graduation. I myself am not sure about why our teacher chose me." She said out cutely as I can feel her pouting. 

"Ahhh. How about I'll watch you practice?" 

"WHAT?! NO!!" She immediately answered, making me chuckle. 

"Why not? Come on~ I want to see if your teacher didn't make a mistake." 

"Meanie." She replied shortly. "Just go home, okay?!" She said, hanging up on me. 
-----end of conversation----- 


~
I immediately ran to where my phone is, instantly smiling the moment I saw the caller. 

"Jan Mi ya!" I grinned, obviously excited to receive her call. 

"Are you home?" She yawned. 

"Yes. You told me not to wait for you remember?" I replied, hoping it would ring a bell. 

"Oh... Yeah." She yawned once again.

"Are you alright?" 

"Yeah of course. Just a little... Nevermind." 

"Jan Mi ya," I called. 

"Hmm?" 

"You can always tell me anything, alright?" 

"Yeah of course." 

"So have you eaten dinner?" 

"Dinner?" She asked once again. 

"Hmm." 

"Eng. We dined out after the practice." 

"So you just got home?" 

"Eng." 

"B-but it's late..." I told her softly. 

"It's okay. My dance partner, Sehun, sent me home. You don't really need to worry." She said, her voice toning down a little. 

"Sehun?!" 

"Hmm..." 

"Who's he?" 

"Partner." 

"He always send you home?" I asked once again. 

"Mmm love you too." 

"Are you still listening?" 

"Mmm yeah see you." She replied, making me chuckle. She's asleep.

"Bye... See you tomorrow." I said softly before finally hanging up. 

 

 



~~~
Few days had passed and every time I would ask her to go home with me, she would always refuse, saying she's still practicing with that Sehun guy whom I never met. 

And every time we would talk over the phone, she never forgets to bring up the Sehun guy. 

"Hey,"

"Yeah?" I can hear her panting. 

"Where are you?" 

"Umm... You go ahead. We're still practicing." 

"No. I'll wait for you." I told her firmly. 

"Are you sure? Aren't you tired?" 

"Tired of what?!" I almost snapped out, suddenly thinking of how she's fond of Sehun. 

"With your practice... Are you okay?" 

"E-eng." I gulped. "Where are you?" 

"At the auditorium." 

"Okay I'll be there." I said before hanging up. 



~
I went up to the 4th floor, where the auditorium is located. I immediately hear a familiar tone, a song that I never expect they would dance to

Trouble Maker.

I felt myself freezing on the spot, seeing their lips almost touched. 


I've never been that near to her face. Maybe when I kiss her forehead or cheek, but never to her lips.

Yes, we've been dating for quite a while now, but then I'm not like the other guys out there who's rushing about kissing. I'm not really sure if she's also ready about that yet, though I know she loves skinship.



"Donghae!" She snapped me out of my thoughts, going down from the stage and running towards me, giving me a bear hug. "We'll be ending the practice after one more run, is it really okay?" She asked, but then I can't help myself to turn my gaze away from her and look at the Sehun guy. 

A fair, handsome and tall man.

I must say that I'm handsome, but about the height...


"Donghae? Are you okay?" Jan Mi asked, feeling my forehead. 

"Eng." I replied, turning my gaze back to her. "Yes I'll wait for you." 

"Okay~" she sang before running back to the stage. I then met Sehun's eyes, with him automatically giving me a 90 degree bow. I just bowed back, still annoyed with what I just saw. 



~
"Donghae sunbaenim, I'll go ahead." Sehun bowed, while I just bow back. 

"Bye Sehunnie~ see you!" Jan Mi gave him a small hug. 

"Rest well Noona~" Sehun smiled at him before bowing at me once again. 


 


"You never told me that you're only dancing with him." I told her the moment I saw Sehun left the auditorium. 

"I did!" 

"You didn't!" 

"I did!"

"I told you, you didn't!" 

"I didn't?" She asked, obviously to herself. "Anyways, what's up with that?" 

"What's up with that?!" I repeated what she said, with a hint of sarcasm. "What's with the choice of song? Can't you dance to other songs?" 

"What's with Trouble Maker? We both like Hyuna, right?" She said, making me pissed. I just turn around, walking ahead of her. "Hey!" 



I immediately stopped with my tracks, seeing Sehun in front of me again. 

"Sunbaenim!" He quickly bowed. "I forgot to take my towel..." He smiled a little, pointing somewhere on stage. "Noona!" He waved, walking towards her. "You're not yet leaving?" 

"Uhh--" Jan Mi was about to say something but I quickly grabbed her hand, pulling her out of the auditorium. 



 

 


~~~
JAN MI'S POV

"You did a great job!" Yoona smiled, giving me tight hug. I just smiled faintly, hugging her back. "I'm glad you're now dating Sehunnie. He's such a cutie you know." She said that made me pull back. 

"What?! I'm not dating Sehun! I'm still dating Donghae!" 

"Really? But he's not even here to support you." She said as I just want to facepalm myself. 

"He's just busy. But I'm sure that if he's not, he'll be here to support me. 

"Whatever you say dear." She just smiled, tapping my shoulder. 



I sighed, staring at the faint-yellow ceiling as I think of Donghae. 

It's the start of our fall vacation but then he's still busy with his basketball. He didn't even come to my dance performance... :( 


I felt something vibrated on my stomach, sitting up a little just to see a message from Donghae.

'Watch my game on Saturday, okay?' 

'Can I call you?'
I replied, asking permission because he might be practicing hard right now. 


Instead of replying, he was the first one to call now. 

"Yoboseyo?" I answered, preventing my voice from cracking. 

"Yoboseyo? Wae?" 

"Why didn't you come?" I asked, as I felt hot tears stinging my eyes. I know, this is not a big deal, but can't he at least send me an encouraging text message?

"I was begging for my coach to let me go, but he really wouldn't. I'm really sorry Jagi..." 

"I hate you." I said, as I can't help myself to let the tears flow. 

"Jan Mi I'm sorry, okay?" He said pleadingly, and I just felt myself nodding. Damn it.

"Arasseo." I sniffed. 

"Uljimma, eng?" 

"Where are you?" I asked. 

"Umm... I can't tell you." 

"Mwo?! And why not?!" I asked, getting pissed. He didn'-- 


"Hi~" he suddenly entered my room, with that adorable smile of his. I immediately ended the call, with him sitting on my bed and pulling me for a hug. "Mianhe. Don't get mad, alright?" He said, kissing my hair. 

"What are you doing here?" I pulled back to look at him. 

"Because I know that you need me right now. I'm so sorry about a while ago... Please forgive me." He said, giving me that puppy face. I just smiled, wiping my tears before pulling him into an embrace. 

"I hate you for this." 

"That's a good thing, right?" He chuckled, resting his head on mine. I just nodded, burying my head on his chest. 




It's Saturday and Sehun and I are running late for Donghae's game. Well Yoona was supposed to be the one I'm with, but she called me at the last minute saying she can't come because of family affairs. -_-

Well I didn't have any choice and so I quickly called Sehun, forcing him to accompany me. 


And here we are, looking for our seat when the game finally began. 




"Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed at his team mates. 

"Jan Mi-ya," Siwon sunbaenim let out his dimpled smile, messing up my hair. "Donghae's there." He said, pointing over the corner. 

"Ye. Kamsamnida." I bowed once again. "Sunbaenim I know you did your best." I smiled at him, into which he smile back. 

"Go now," he whispered, giving me a slight push to where Donghae is. 



"Donghae..." I called out as he paused from fixing his things. "It's okay, at least you did your best, right?" I told him. But instead of answering, he just shook his head, zipping his bag before walking away. 


"Noona..." Sehun snapped me out. 

"Oh... You know how important basketball games to guys, right?" I forced a smile. "Let's eat something! I'll treat you." I said, pulling him out. 




~~~
DONGHAE'S POV

I threw my phone on the bed, still annoyed with the fact that she hasn't called me for the passed 2 days. Not even a message I tell you! Don't tell me she's still hanging out with that Sehun guy even after their performance?! 

I sighed, jumping on my bed before eating up my pride and calling her. 

If ever she won't answer this, I won't ever cal--

"Yoboseyo?" I familiar voice answered. 

"Yoboseyo...?" I answered, unsure. Did I dialed the wrong number?

"Donghae honey, Jan Mi left her phone." 

"A-auntie!" I called out. "Where did she go?" 

"She went with Sehun to visit his mom." 

"Y-ye?! Since when?!" 

"Just a while ago." She chuckled. "Son-in-law don't worry, she's safe with Sehunnie." 

"Sehunnie?!" I repeated what she said. Don't tell me she introduced him to Auntie already?!

"Eng." she chuckled once again. "They are childhood friends, don't you know that? And I know Sehun's mom, so you don't have to worry." She said, but I just felt myself gripping my phone. "Besides, the promises that were made when you're young, saying that you'll marry each other eventually, it never happenedyou know!" She giggled. 

"W-what?!" 

"Aigoo son-in-law, they are just friends, I assure you that." 

"But when will they come back?" 

"I'm not sure about that... I'll be going there on Wednesday, wanna come?" 

"Yes please." I answer in an instant. 

"Aigoo, don't worry. If you want, I'll give you Sehun's number so you can ask how my daughter is doing."  

"N-no. It's okay Auntie. I'll just come with you on Wednesday." 

"If you say so... I'll see you on Wednesday then!" 

"Ye. Kamsamnida Auntie." 

"Eng~" 



 

 


~~~ 
"Eomma!" Jan Mi called out as she stood up and ran over to where Auntie is. 

"Aigoo, missed me?" Auntie smiled, hugging her. 

"Hmmm...." Was her only answer. 

"Happy birthday Honey." 

"Thanks." 



"Sehunnie, did you took care of my daughter well?" Auntie asked, pulling back from the hug. 

"Yes Auntie." He chuckled. "Eomma is waiting for you inside." 

"Oh right!" Auntie replied as Sehun guided her into his house. 


"What are you doing here?" Jan Mi asked the moment they entered. 

"Can't I be here?" I asked back, but she just shrugged her shoulders. 

"Let's go in, Auntie cooked a lot." She said, before starting to walk ahead of me but then I held her hand. "What?" 

"Why didn't you tell me you were here?" 

"Because I left my phone...?" She said, unsure. "And you're probably playing basketball, so what's the use?" She said, shrugging. 

"Until when did you plan staying here?" 

"I don't know... Until the end of the week perhaps?" 

"So you plan on celebrating your birthday here?" 

"What's wrong with that?" 

"Without me?" I asked softly. She was about to answer when just shut , turning her gaze away from me.  



I took a step, my arms instantly wrapping around her waist and pulling her into my chest. 

"Happy birthday..." 

"Th-thanks..." She immediately pulled back, giving me a small smile. "Let's go in." 




After fixing my things to the guest room, I went out, seeing Jan Mi sitting on the couch. 

"Hi~" I greeted, sitting beside her.  

"Hey," she greeted back, giving me a small smile. 

"Noona I--" Sehun paused, bowing at me. "Sunbaenim." He bowed respectfully. 

"Sehunnie, don't bother your noona and your hyung anymore. Go away and play!" Auntie Seung, Jan Mi's mom said, giving Sehun a slight push. 

"But eomm--" 

"Honey, why don't you tour Donghae around?" Auntie cut her off. 

"Arasseo." She sighed. 



~
"Where do you want to go?" She asked the moment we reached the corner of the road. 

"I don't know... It's my first time here you know." I shrugged. 

"Is it okay for you to just walk around the village?" 

"Yeah sure." I smiled at her. 



We were walking side by side, having an uncomfortable silence in the air. 

"How about we go to there?" I said, pointing at the kids' playground. Jan Mi just gave me a small smile before nodding. 

I immediately held her hand as we started crossing the street. 

I just felt myself smiling as her cold hand would always feel warm whenever our hands are on each other. 


But just right after we reached the other side of the road, she quickly pulled her hand back, giving me a forced smile.

Why?



I went in the large tunnel as I ushered her to sit beside me. 

"What are we going to do here?" She asked after a while. 

"Do you..."

"Hmm?" She asked, hugging her knees while resting her head on it. 

"Do you like him?" I asked, but then regretting it right after. What if she does?

"Who?" 

"Sehun." 

"Ahh... Of course." She answered with a smile. The smile she hasn't been showing whenever I'm around... The smile I was once the cause.

I pulled my legs up, hugging it and resting my head on my knee. 

"How about me?" I asked softly. "Do you still like me?" 

"Mwoya~" she chuckled as I can feel tears creeping up in my eyes. 

"It changed?" I asked, turning my head so that I could look at her. 

"What?" 

"Your feelings..." I said softly. "You stopped calling me 'Jagi', you stopped being clingy, you stopped calling and sending me messages..." 

"Mwoya... What are you talking about?" She asked, caressing my right cheek. "It didn't, okay? It didn't, it won't, and it will never be." 

"B-" 

"I'm just giving you space." She cut me off. 

"Space?" I asked, she just gave me a slight nod before turning her gaze away from me. 

"You're always playing basketball with your friends and I'm afraid I'm annoying you too much whenever I call you to go home early or something." She let out a force laugh. "About the skinship and calling you 'Jagi'... You never like that, right?" She asked, letting out a forced smile. "I'm giving you your personal space because I'm afraid you'll get tired and later on dump me." 

"H--" 

"I just love you too much that it hurts." She said as tears finally flow out of her eyes. "I don't want you to leave me--" 

 

 



NO ONE'S POV
Without hesitation, Donghae immediately pulled her chin as he place a soft peck on her lips. 

"I won't ever leave you. Never, never in my entire life." He said before leaning in and kissing her softly this time. 



"Saranghae, Jagiya..." Donghae said, pulling back. 

"Na do." Jan Mi replied, finally smiling and wrapping her arms around his neck.