02

Blink of an eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why can’t my world made just a little bit of sense? So that I could understand why was everyone trying to be so perfect at all time, having even a little flaw would simply ruin their `lives’, or so I may believe. The peoples I’ve seen in television were different; they either may not have enough money to deal with their daily lives, or home to shelter the whole family, or even any food/drinks to bear through the day. Compare to the people in a world I’m currently living? Don’t get me started…

 

“Get ready, your ride is here early…”, Dad leave a few knocks on my door before warning me about my ride.

 

One thing about me that stands out the most? I don’t have a mother. Seriously, whenever I told them that, either they’d go, `you poor little thing’, or they would just talked bad things about her behind my back which I’ll found out eventually sooner or later. Almost to the point where I thought to myself, `why don’t I have one when everybody does?’, `Why can’t I have one?’,  I’ve been living without a mother ever since I was 10. Wait, that was… 1, 2, 3, 4…9 years? Wow. I almost didn’t realize that I was ‘mom-less’ for that long. Maybe I just so get used to it after so much time. Now that I’m growing up, nothing changes. I guess…

 

“Hurry up Jiyeon!”, Shouting from outside my room.

 

“Alright, I’ll be there in a sec!”, I finished my looks in the mirror, “I don’t think I’ll be needing my specs today right?”,

 

Honk. Honk.

 

Dad almost loses his patience but luckily I got out just before he could go over the top of his lungs again and give a morning wake up alarm for the neighborhood.

 

That is Dad. The one who has been raising me and supporting me, but it still feel off without the other half of the word ‘parent’, where it should have be both Mom and Dad, instead of just Dad. It’s not that I don’t know where my Mom is, it’s just that, Dad said we don’t need one since we have him already. Dad used to tell us that Mom ran away with some other guy, I wouldn’t have understand it back then, but now? The feeling of knowing the truth was kind of . Maybe Dad was right, maybe we don’t need a Mom.

 

“Late again?”,

 

“Just shut up and drive…”, I tossed my bag at the back seat and let out a small sigh with my hands crossed together.

 

“You have exam this morning, have you done your revision last night?”, Eunjung started her car and left my house which was only a few block away from her place.

 

“I did, don’t worry… I need to pass this year’s exam anyway, or my dad will keep me locked up like a little girl for the rest of my life…”,

 

Eunjung just shook her head sideways snickered a little.

 

Unlike me, Eunjung had everything, even a mother. Who am I kidding? I wish I had one, just maybe not my current mom. I get jealous too… Seeing her kissing her mom in the morning before leaving the house, but she always complains that it was suffocating to have done that every day... I wondered what it felt like having your mom to cook you a meal, not that I don’t like the maid’s dishes, just wondering what difference would it makes.

 

I glanced over Eunjung’s outfit today, or any other day for that matter, she always looks so ladylike with the way she dressed.

 

“New dress Eunjung?”, I just asked her a ‘normal’ question.

 

“Yeah… My mom bought it because she thinks it would look pretty on me…”, a little grin on her face could be seen even when I don’t fully observing her.

 

See my point here? I don’t have someone to do that for me…I have Dad, a really over-protective kind of type, and he’s a guy. He would makes up excuses by excuses just to not let me out of the house.

 

“We are here… Let’s go Jiyeon.”, Eunjung went out of the car first then I followed.

 

“I can’t wait until these exams are over!”, I’m wailing like crazy with my hoodie is covering half of my face as we both walked along the corridor across the field to the institution building.

 

“We’ve only started, it’s going to be like another weeks for it to end.”, Eunjung giggled patting my head gently.

 

Sigh. She is so cheerful that it sickens me some of the times, not that I hate her, but her positive attitude towards the world was just unbelievably amazing. Making me wish that I have her mind and the way she’s thinking instead. Probably because the way she’s living her life differently than I did made her to behave like that. I wonder what she’d be like if she has my life as an exchange with her’s to mine…

 

“Jiyeon! Are you okay?”,

 

“Okay, what just happened?”, I asked her while rubbing the sore that I felt on my forehead and when my eyes seeing stars when it’s just daylight.

 

“You just bump onto this pole! Seriously, it’s this huge, how can you not see this thing standing here?? Are you all right? Are you hurt?”, Eunjung is in panic mode.

 

“I’m fine… You’re being unnecessary panic right now. Please just stop…”, I put my hand on to keep her shut and the other hand to pull her with me and just keep walking because she won’t stop until she’s satisfied.

 

She was right. I’m always like this lately maybe because of the massive amount of thoughts I was having causing me to lose my focus and… bump into things. I’m afraid it might become a really stupid habit in the future.

 

“See you at lunch time, Jiyeon!”, after I practically dragged her all the way to the front of her class, we finally made it.

 

“I’ll be at the usual…”, I replied to her facing my back and just walked away headed for the lecture theatre which is on the next floor.

 

“Be careful Jiyeon! Who knows you might be bumping onto a very ‘handsome pole’ later on!”, Her voice travel through the whole floor leaving me to blush the hell out of my face.

 

Perfect, Eunjung… Just perfect. She is lucky not to have exam paper this morning, while I had to deal with it and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter