chapter 1

Yifan's sibiling bonding

Yifan Tiffany was a normal teenage girl. Who has a close knit group of friends, loving parents who supports her in whatever she does. Tiffany grew up and lived in sunny California, where her parents migrated from South Korea shortly after they married. It was a normal afternoon for Tiffany, she was at school, in her P.E. class when her principle came in the gym asking to excuse her from class. “Yes Sir?” Tiffany asked as the principle brought her to his office. “Miss. Yifan there has been an accident.” Mr. Brown stated looking at the younger girl in front of him with such sorrow. “What type of accident Sir?” Tiffany asked. “I’m sorry but your parents were killed in a fire accident.” Mr. Brown said stepping out of his office, allowing the young girl to have room. After what felt like hours Tiffany opened the door and walked up to her principle. “Do you know what would happen to me?” Tiffany asked. “I’m afraid not, when checking your emergency card, the people written down were both your parents. So we don’t know who to call.” Mr. Brown said looking at Tiffany with sad eyes. “It’s fine, just don’t call child service. I have someone who can take me in.” Tiffany said then walked out of the office and school grounds. Once arriving home Tiffany went straight to her parent’s room and cried for hours. Holding onto her mother’s pillow and wearing her father’s sweater eventually she fell asleep while crying. The next morning Tiffany dragged herself to her room and her cell phone. “Might as well get in contact with him.” Tiffany mumbled. Tiffany soon dialed the number she knew by heart, the number she hasn’t dialed in almost seven years. “Hello?” His voice answered. Tiffany couldn’t speak so sobs where all the other person could hear. “Um, who is this?” He asked. “Glad to know you don’t remember your own sister’s sobs.” Tiffany said. “Tiff?” The guy replied confused. “What?” Tiffany asked in a cold tone. “Don’t ‘what’ me you’re the one who called. Now why is it you called?” Her brother asked also in a cold tone. “Glad to hear that you still have the famous Yifan’s cold attitude with you brother, oh and I just wanna tell you that Mom and Dad died. Don’t worry about me bye.” Tiffany hanged up ignoring her brothers calls for her. After the conversation with her brother, Tiffany made her way back to her parents room to morn some more.