From The Beginning

Where For Art Thou, My Sword, My Soul.

Where for art thou, my sword?

you have always wielded to my accord.

Whenever I need to fight,

you bring down my enemy with a deafening smite.

 

Where for art thou, my soul?

I've always walked alone,

a lost spirit, written in stone.

 

"Hey Johnny, wanna play Man Hunt?"

"Nah, hey William, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"What is with this, Artemis girl?"

"Haven't you heard the tale?"

"No, I haven't, why?"

"Trust me, there's a reason she's alone."

 

My name is Artemis, it means 'Gift of the Gods' in Greek. I was not given a surname. My parents chose to not give me their surname, as to not claim ownership of me. Ever since I was born, I have been known as the 'freak child'. All my siblings were born with Blonde hair, tan skin, and green eyes. In comparison, I was born with grayish blue hair, pale skin, and icy blue eyes. As I grew older, my hair turned black, and my eyes became lighter.

Yet, it all started when I was just a toddler, my siblings would torment me, my parents would punish me for whatever trap they placed in my path. When I turned six, my parents placed me in the abandoned house they bought on the land plot next door. There I would tend to their farm, grow their food, and make their meals. If I were hungry, I had to find spare time between sleep, and work, to hunt.

Finally, I am seventeen. I have decided to run away. But, there is one problem....

How?