Because I Love You

Because I Love You

The cool autumn breeze flewed away some old leaves apart from the branches, making a nice and natural scene while some massive random clicking sound comes from an old camera. A set of flash stands, two workers holding a light board and a tripod were put on the sidewalk for a photo session while the model posing for some sort of autumn fashion magazine or something. The photographer keeps on clicking the shutter while peeking on the camera lenses to get a good picture that he wants, until someone went through the set, unknowingly.
Yoon Dujun, the photographer, flinched as he hit the shutter. He lowered down his camera looking at the young boy who just went through. The boy startled and look around, finally realized that he just disturbed a photo session. He looked at the photographer, feeling totally embarrassed and apologized immediately.
“I’m sorry for disturbing. I didn’t realized at all.. so sorry.” He said while bowing nonstop.
“It’s okay. No really it’s okay.”
After he managed to convince the young boy that it is really really okay, the young boy bowed once more and smiled apologetically before taking his leave. He smiled back, thinking the boy was.. uhm.. cute?
Dujun went straight to his darkroom when he arrived home. He took the negative film from his antique film camera (oh yes, he’s using it) and working here and there until he finished. He hung up the last photo to dry it with the others while smiling at it.
“He is really cute.”

*************************


“PRANG!”
“Owh ! I did it again!” curse the young boy panickly.
“YANG YOSEOB!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DID I TOLD YOU TO BE CAREFUL!!”
For the nth times since he worked part time at Cube Café two weeks ago, the manager scolded him. Yup, for the nth times. He himself didn’t know why he keeps on breaking things, glass, coffee cups, plates, almost all kinds of dishes. Well he knows that he is kinda clumsy.. but not to this extent.
Yoseob just stand there looking down hands clasped on each other listening (uhm.. trying) to his managers scolding as much as possible. He was thankfully saved by a ding sound on the door. The first guest for the day comes in made the manager automatically stopped his scolding and ran to welcome the man. Gikwang, the other waiter who worked there who is also Yoseob’s best friend that helps him to get a job there, comes with a menu book and ready to write down the man’s order. Yoseob catch a glimpse of the man, startled. It was the photographer guy he met a couple of days ago when he was sad after getting a big scold from his manager. The handsome photographer ahjussi he called him that when he told Gikwang about him.
Gikwang had finished writing down the order, he walked to the kitchen and shout the order out. He was about to took a glass of mineral water for the guest so he can take a sip before he got his order but a hand snatch it away. Gikwang shocked, his eyes is about to popped out when he saw Yoseob grining like an idiot, the glass is on his hand.
“What?”
“Lemme do this”
“But he’s my guest. I got him first!”
“Come on Gikwang-ah~, you can take the tip, but lemme serve him, okay?” said Yoseob with his puppy-eyes that never failed to make people say yes to what he wants.
Gikwang pout, but he can’t say no to his best friend,  no one ever say no to Yoseob when he shows that puppy-eyes. “Okay, go then” He said with a defeat sigh.
Yoseob’s smile grew wider. He thanked Gikwang, put the glass on a wooden tray and ran to the handsome photographer ahjussi’s table right away.
“Sir, here’s your mineral water, please wait a while befo---“
The water spilled when Yoseob puts it on the table. The guy startled and stands up right away, wiping the water off his jeans.
“OMG! OMG! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!”
Panicked, Yoseob took a lot of tissues on the table helping the photographer to wipe it.
“No.. no.. it’s okay.. it’s okay.. I’m fine.”
“YANG YOSEOB! WHAT DID YOU DO AGAIN?”
Oh crap. Not again.
The manager comes and ready to scold Yoseob, but the photographer stops it.
“It’s okay, I’m okay. I wasn’t paying attention either, it’s not his fault, and it only spilled a bit.”
No. actually it’s his fault and it does spilled a lot.
Yoseob could see the wet traces on the photographer’s jeans so clear.
“We are really sorry, Sir. We will give you a free order to pay this accident.”
“Nah, I don’t need one, my order is enough already.”
“Then we’ll give you a discount to pay this. We are really sorry.”
“Well, okay then, that’s a good idea.” Said the photographer smiling warmly.
Yoseob cannot unsee this bright and warm smile from the handsome photographer ahjussi. He feels his cheeks warm a bit by seeing it. His eyes was locked there until he realized that the photographer was looking back at him still with that smile. Startled, Yoseob quickly cut down their eye-contact and looked away.
The manager than dismissed him back to the kitchen and ordered Gikwang to do the work instead. He feel so embarrassed today. Totally.

 

**************


Yoseob doesn’t know why is he there, standing in front of a small brick studio. He look at the small but warm building while holding a grey handkerchief. He found that piece of handkerchief yesterday when he was cleaning the café. Cleaning the handsome photographer ahjussi’s table.
He showed it to Gikwang and the boy told him that the ahjussi works at the small cozy brick studio near their café, he knew because this ahjussi occasionally came whether to take a sip of coffee or buy some food or even asked for a delivery. Yoseob didn’t plan to go there. Actually, he already had a plan to hang-out with Gikwang and Dongwoon, another friend of his. But his mind and body didn’t show any sign of teamwork. So that’s why he’s here, standing there watching the small building.
“I need to return this handkerchief back though. Yeah, yeah that’s right.. that’s why I’m here.” He said to himself, trying to make an excuse.
Yoseob knocks two times before opening the studio door. He took a peek before opening it fully. There’s a photo session going, maybe for an automotive magazine, he guess since there’s a big motorcycle on the center. He moves his glances and saw the handsome photographer ahjussi (Gikwang told him his name is Yoon Dujun), doing some random clicking behind his camera, it’s a DSLR this time.
“Uhm.. excuse me?”
The photographer stopped as he heard the voice, he lowered his camera down and take a look at the front door. The small boy shyly bowed at him and he recognized him in a split seconds.
“Ah, Yang Yoseob-sshi, right? The clumsy waiter at Cube Café?”
He laughed a little while Yoseob answered with an embarrassed nod.
“So, what can I help you? Are you here for a photo?” Dujun asked still with a friendly smile.
“N-no.. i.. I am here.. uhm.. to return this to you.” He showed the grey handkerchief in his hands. “This is yours right, Sir? Uhm… Yoon Dujun-sshi? I found it under the table after cleaning your order yesterday.”
“Ah! Ah.. yes that’s mine.. Oh, Thank God it’s here. I thought I’ll never found it. My cousin will give me a big tantrum once he realized I lost it. Oh, and by the way.. you already know my name?” Dujun took the handkerchief from Yoseob’s hand and put it in his jeans pocket.
“Yeah, Gikwang told me. You know.. the other waiter?”
“Ah, the red haired boy? Well, thank you for actually delivering it to me. You must be busy today right?”
“No.. no.. it’s just I feel I need to return it back immediately.. Well then, I shall take my leave.” Yoseob already turned his back when he heard Dujun’s voice stop him.
“Wait!”
Yoseob turned back facing the photographer. He titled his face with a questioning expression.
“Why don’t you come here and have some photos taken? It’ll be such a waste if you’re only here to return this thing. You can think of it as my gratitude for finding it.” Dujun added, seeing the small boy was about to refuse.
Yoseob sighed in defeat. He put down his stuffs and walked to the center of the photo spot while Dujun moves the motorcycle with his workers help. Yoseob stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do and how to pose. Dujun laughed and tell him to relax and just do anything that he wants. He threw some old jokes that is not funny at all but it made Yoseob laugh and he could feel more relaxed now. It’s fun. The ahjussi is funny, too.

 

************************


“Yoseobah, do that pose once more!”
“What? This one?”
“Yeah~ that one.. owh you’re so cute. Since when you’re this good at posing? You were that awkward a month ago.” Said Dujun jokingly while his hands hitting the shutter rapidly.
“Yah! Why are you always using that old camera? Isn’t it way easier  to use DSLR? The pictures comes out better to with it.” Yoseob complained cutely with his mouth sticks out.
“Why? I like old cameras, and I like it when I entered the darkroom and work on the pictures. It’s more fun than only printing it plus the result is much more natural than digital which you can edit it first.”
“But the quality is better~”
“You don’t believe my skills? I can make a good quality pictures of you with this camera. And you’re already good looking, no need to edit.” Dujun said it, lowering his camera so that he can see the young boy’s face clearly.
Yoseob blushed. He can’t control his smiles and his cheekbones popped up hearing Dujun’s compliment. Dujun saw this and can’t handle anymore. He walks closer to Yoseob and pinched his cheeks. “Yoseobah, stop making cute expression, I can’t handle it.”
They stared lovingly at each other and press their lips lightly, a cute ppoppo.
It’s been a month since the “I’m returning your handkerchief” thing and they got close, really really really close. Dujun starts coming to the café more often and he always asked Yoseob to serve him before anyone can do it. Yoseob still as clumsy as he is, spilled some juice, coffee, water, whatever that could spilled but Dujun is not mad, he won’t be mad, he enjoyed the view instead. He laughed. He laughed and encouraged the boy to do better and it helped Yoseob to feel more relaxed on his work, it helped him to lessen his clumsiness. And Yoseob is very happy about it.
Yoseob, on the other hand, he occasionally got asked by Dujun to visit his studio and it suddenly becomes a habit. Yoseob would always comes whether to just stop by or wasting his time there, accompanying Dujun on his work.
Until it happens, just a week ago.

“Hey, Yoseobah.”
“Ung?”
Dujun was fixing one of his old camera while Yoseob was playing with a DSLR, taking some random pics of the studio and the hardworking Dujun. He stop when Dujun didn’t continue his sentence.
“What?”
“Err.. I don’t know how to say this.. err.. I mean you must be thinking that I’m a weird guy, a weird ahjussi or something. But… but…”
Yoseob stands still, hands still holding the DSLR waiting for Dujun to finish his sentence.
“But…. Do  you want to go out with me?”
A shocked expression appeared on Yoseob’s face. No, it’s not really a shocked expression, it’s a relieved. He’s happy. He’s happy that Dujun finally catch all his signs. He’s happy because finally Dujun hit the shutter of his heart. Then he nodded shyly hiding his red face from Dujun.
“YOSEOBIE!” Shout Dujun.
“Ye..YES!” Yoseob startled at the raise on Dujun’s voice and looked up.
KLIK!
“YES! I got you and I also got your cute red face!”
“Wha..what?!”
Dujun laughed again seeing his cute startled expression. He comes closer and give the boy an embrace, a warm and lovingly one. “Thank you, Yoseobah.. for accepting me.”

Yoseob put this ugly grin on his face remembering that moment which Dujun immediately pointed out. “Yah, what are you thinking with that kind of smile?”
“Nothing.. ehehehhehehehehehehe~”
“Stop it. I’m getting goosebumps.” Still peeking through the camera lenses. “Oh, yeah.. Yoseobah, it’s already a week and we keep on meeting at our workplace, would you like to go on an outdoor date later?”
Yoseob looked at Dujun surpised. His eyes glowed, showing how happy he is because of Dujun’s offering. “YES!! YES!! Of course I want!!!” He bounced up and down and up and down, ran to the photographer and hug him tightly making Dujun almost losing his balance.
“Ahahaha.. okay okay calm down baby.. how about a soccer date? It’s been so long since I played. You okay with it?”
“Yes! YES! I love soccer too! And there’s you too, how can I say no?”
“Okay, this Sunday then.. I’ll fetch you at the café once your morning shift is finish.”
Which Yoseob answered with a beaming smile and a nonstop nods.

 

*********************


Eventhough they’re going on a soccer date, Dujun didn’t forget to bring his camera along. He brought both film and digital ones so that Yoseob could use it if he wants. He fetched Yoseob at the café like how they’ve promised. Dujun took out his camera and start taking pics while they walk together. Yoseob posed here and there, making cute and lovely expression for Dujun. It feels different taking pics outside, feels more natural and free. He then took the DSLR and joined snaping some pics of Dujun until they arrived at a soccer field.
Yoseob surprised Dujun. He never thought that this boy could play soccer this good. He thought Yoseob agreed only because he asked it, but it turned out that the boy could go against him. He smiled, This soccer date will be fun.
They played for the whole day, not aware that the sun has slowly falls down signaling it’s already late. Yoseob laid down on the field, breath panting. It’s already their fifth game, these soccer maniacs just keeps on playing, resting, playing and resting. Dujun joins him lying down, looking at Yoseob’s face, adoring it.
“What?” Yoseob asked, feels so embarrassed.
“Nothing. Just want to.”
Yoseob comes closer and snuggle on Dujun’s body. Dujun let the boy use his arms as a pillow and hugged him. He feels so happy. Enjoying the sunset with the boy.
“Hyung..”
“Hmm?”
“Since when did you.. uhm.. have this kind of feelings to me?” He ask while his face is on the crook of Dujun’s neck, inhaling Dujun’s masculine fragrance (It’s sweaty, but Yoseob loves it).
“I don’t know… I think it was when you suddenly walk in through our photo session that day?”
“Really? That day? But it was the first time we met?” Yoseob looks up to see the older man.
“Yeah. So.. you’re a love at the first sight for me then?” Dujun grinned.
“Yah! Stop joking around.”
“I’m not joking. It’s true. The first time a saw you I think you’re cute.” Dujun said, sincerely.
Yoseob smiled at the answer. He put his head back on Dujun’s neck, enjoying the comfortness that the older man gave him, enjoying the night before they go for a dinner and say goodbyes for the day.

 

********************


“Jab! Jab! Hook!”
Dujun can’t remember how he ends up on a boxing ring complete with the gloves and head covered. He did remember Yoseob messaged him to go on a date last night, but the boy didn’t tell him what kind of date and where. He only said that he wants a sport date again after all the fun and lovely dates. But he never think it’ll be a boxing date.
“Yoseobah.. could I asked you why are we here again?”
“Sigh. This is already the fifth time you asked me, why can’t you remember it you old ahjussi. We’re here coz I’m on my diet and I need some exercise. And I also need to stop all my clumsiness. Boxing would help me awake my instinct to move and think faster. Do you get it now, Hyung?”
“Uh.. okay.. I think I got it now.”
Dujun was taken aback, he never imagined the boy would like this kind of sport. Knowing Yoseob likes and so good in soccer is already a surprise and now, boxing, with all the clumsiness in him, he never could imagined it.
They collapsed after the bell rang, signaling the end of the fifth round. Dujun gave Yoseob his towel to wipe off his sweat.
“Ah~ this is so refreshing~”
“You like it that much?”
“Ung~! It’s fun.. moving like this.”
“Despite all your clumsiness, I never knew you’re that good on sports.”
“Kkkkkkk.. I never get it either.”
Dujun smiled a bit when suddenly an idea popped up.
“Hey, wanna go somewhere after this? I have a fun idea.”
“Where?”
“Not telling. But I know you’ll like it.”

***********************


“WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~ WOAAAAAAAAAAAAA~ HYUNG THIS IS FUN~!!!!” Shout Yoseob.
“IT IS RIGHT? I’VE TOLD YOU THAT YOU WILL LIKE IT!” answered Dujun, shouting too.
It’s a motor track, with a big stadium that usually used for a motor race event, MotoGP and such. Dujun drives his motorcycle with full speed making the hard wind hitting them back as a reaction of the action. Yoseob enjoy this extreme sport so much. He hugged Dujun’s waist tightly. Shouting out loud, enjoying the cold wind of autumn hitting him. He used his helmet and jacket though so it’s not really cold, but he really like the sensation. He like it doubled since it’s with Dujun.

**********************


Dujun is in his darkroom again, working on the pictures he took last week on a date with Yoseob. He make sure there’s no light coming in the room before taking out the negative. It took a lot of steps to make a negative film into a good photos. First step, is making an enlargement using an enlarger by placing the negative on the enlarger equipment so that he pics will comes out with a specific size that he wants, there’s also an enlarge timer to control the amount of light that reaches the paper. The timer, along with the aperture on the enlarger lens, controls the exposure so that the prints are neither too light nor too dark.
He then moves on to the next step, he looked at one of the processing trays which holds the processing solutions. The tray for paper developer solution is almost empty. Paper developer solution is one of the few chemical solutions that used in the process. It converts the latent image (still invisible) in exposed film to a visible image. Dujun took out the paper developer bottle, open the cap and put it on the rack before pouring it into the tray. He put the bottle back on the highest rack when a phone call comes in.
Yoseob’s name with a pic of Yoseob’s back that Dujun took secretly when he was concentrating playing a game on his phone appears on his screen, he smiled and picks it up.
“Yes, baby?”
“Dujunaaah~ and you pick me up? I’m at the café, it’s raining and I didn’t bring my umbrella today.” Dujun could imagine Yoseob’s cute pout as he talks through the phone.
“Okay, wait for me. I’ll be there in a minute.”

*********************


“Yoseobah, you okay waiting alone?” Asked Gikwang, Dongwoon’s beside him, holding an umbrella that actually doesn’t fit the two of them, but they linked arms making no space between them. Yoseob smiled seeing this. He can’t wait to do that with Dujun.
“Yeah, I’m okay. Dujun-hyung’s apartment is not that far, he’ll arrived soon. You guys can go first.”
“Okay, be careful.”
The lovey dovey couple left him. He took a glance on his watch. Not really looking at the time, just a habit that comes when you’re waiting for someone.
“Yoseobah!”
Yoseob looks up seeing Dujun coming, half running, holding a black umbrella. He smiled and waved.
“I didn’t make you wait too long, did I?”
“Nope. Gikwang and Dongwoon just left. You arrived on the right timing.”
“That’s good then. Here, hold yours.”
Dujun gave him the black umbrella. He then took out another umbrella from his jacket, opening it. “Come on, let’s go home.”
Yoseob sulked. He was imagining a fun walk linking arms with Dujun sharing an umbrella. But this stupid ahjussi brought two umbrellas for each of them. This is ridiculous.
Sulking, he walks away leaving the black umbrella and Dujun alone. Dujun looks up, startled seeing Yoseob left by his own and letting his body got hit by the rain.
“Hey, hey Yoseobah. Why did you left the umbrella?”
“I don’t wanna use it.”
“But you called me because you didn’t bring yours.”
“Dujunah, why are you so stupid.” It’s a statement, not a question.
“Ah.. ah okay. I get it. Come here, baby. Don’t sulk.” Dujun grab Yoseob’s shoulder to pull him closer, safe under the umbrella.
“You want this right?” Yoseob nods, slightly smiled.
“Such a baby.”
“Don’t care!” He sticks his tongue out. Quickly, Dujun kissed it, surprising Yoseob. His eyes widen but he kiss him back happily.

***********************


It’s another Sunday. Yoseob comes to Dujun’s apartment today, having a lovely private date since the morning, eating breakfast together and watching Dujun working in the darkroom. He took a small trip in the room and saw a lot of pics of him hanging there with different expression. He smiled a lot imagining Dujun working on his picture and it’s not good for his cheekbones. He then saw some pictures of Dujun that he took neatly putted on the table. He sat down, taking a look at it. Although he’s an amateur, he feels proud because the pictures comes out pretty. Most of them are pictures of Dujun holding his camera, also taking a picture of him. He giggled when he realized that he took a picture of Dujun taking a picture of him. Sounds romantic.
“Yoseobah.” Dujun suddenly calls him, he answered with a “Yes?” and saw the man took out a jacket and putting it on.
“Going somewhere?”
“Yeah, I ran out of papers, I’m going to the shop for a while. It’s near. You wanna go?”
“Nah, I’ll wait here. Your darkroom is amazing, I wanna finish my travel first kkkkk.”
“Okay, want something?”
“Pizza! I’m damn hungry, Dujunah.”
“Ah, yeah.. it’s already dinner time. I’m sorry.”
“S’okay~ you look so happy doing your work, I somehow can’t disturb you.”
“Okay, I’ll be back.”
Yoseob sat back on the chair. He found a goofy pic of him kissing a fish bread, he chuckled. Why on earth did Dujun print and keeping this goofy pic. A light bulb switched on Yoseob’s head. He took a scissor and cut the fish bread out leaving his kissing pic on his hand. He sticks it to one of Dujun’s photo that he finds the handsomest with a tape. Smiling proudly at his well-done-combining-picture, he sticks it on the wall so that Dujun could see it later. He stands up wanting to continue his small trip, but eventually his clumsiness strikes back. His hand hits a glass of juice on the table and spilled on his jacket.
“Ah, !” Yoseob cursed.
Panic, he wiped the table with a duster. The table (and photos on it) is safe, but his jacket drew a big sticky wet trace from the juice. He took it off. Yoseob goes to the laundry room and put his jacket there. He found Dujun’s clean buttoned shirt. A mischievous grin appeared on his face.
Dujun entered his room holding a plastic of photo papers and another plastic of pizza, complete with a bottle of coke. He put it down on the table and took a peek into the darkroom. There’s no sign of Yoseob there. He brings out one of his old camera and tries to find the young boy.
“Yoseobah, where are you?”
“Dujunah, you’re home already? I’m in the laundry room.”
“What are you doing there?” Dujun’s face appeared on the laundry room door.
“I spilled the juice on your table. It ruined my jacket.”
“So you’re using my shirt instead?”
“Hehehhehehe.. how is it? Looks good on me right?”
“It’s big, you’re drowned.”
“But it’s cute on me right? Hehehhehehe~”
“Yeah, it’s cute. Because you are cute. Yoseobah, look here!”
Yoseob turns around and posed cutely. Dujun smiled, he hit the shutter but a buzzing sound comes out from the camera, telling him that the negative is all used.
“Ah, I forgot to change the film.”
“Wait, I saw one just now on your darkroom. Lemme bring it here.”
Yoseob went into the darkroom. He really saw one film roll on one of the rack but it was on the highest. He tip-toed a bit to reach it. When his hands finally reaches it, he accidentally nudge down a bottle. The bottle is uncapped, making all the liquid inside falls down hitting Yoseob face, eyes, all.
“AAARGH!”
A loud bump comes after a scream from the darkroom. Dujun flinched at the sound. He ran to the room slightly worried. “Yoseobah, are you okay?”
“Dujunah… DUJUNAH IT HURTS! MY EYES.. IT HURTS.”
He saw Yoseob lying on the floor both hands on his eyes, some unfinished photos scattered next to him. Dujun ran closer, his heart beats fast. “Yoseobah.. Yoseobah what happened?!”
Dujun holds Yoseob’s shaking body. He wriggled, hands still pressing his eyes. Then he saw it. Dujun saw it. A bottle of Paper Developer Solution, next to Yoseob, empty. He feels like thousands of daggers stabs him alive. He just hurt his most beloved one with his working tools.

*********************


“IT HURTS! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH IT HURTS!”
They’re already at the hospital. The nurses and Dujun ran as fast as they could to an emergency room with Yoseob lying down on the gurney. Yoseob can’t stop his screaming and crying. His eyes was hit by a danger chemical solution and it hurts. Really really really hurts. Dujun believe it’s impossible to cure it. Only miracle can saved his sight.
Yoseob entered the emergency room for a first aid. The nurse told Dujun to wait outside. Yoseob sister is also there, shouting at the nurses totally panic and worried about his brother. Dujun sat down, hid his face on his hands. This is all his fault. He forgot to sealed the bottle back. He left a bottle with dangerous liquid inside unsealed. And it hurt Yoseob. His most beloved person. How stupid he is.

 

*********************
 

Dujun locked himself in the darkroom. He sat down. Hands on his head, pulling his hair out of frustration. He left the hospital earlier without knowing Yoseob’s result. He can’t. He can’t wait, he’s afraid to hear any bad news that’ll come. He ran away like a coward leaving Yoseob alone. It’s all his fault. He can’t face Yoseob anymore with all this guilty feelings.
He titled his head and saw a photo sticking there. It’s the ‘Yoseob-is-kissing-Dujun-combining-photos’ that Yoseob made a while ago. He took it off and stared. Deep thoughts came as fast as it could. Tears falls down Dujun’s cheeks. He throw the empty bottle that hurt Yoseob away in full anger.
All the happy memories comes through Dujun’s mind. He kisses, the hugs, the dates, Yoseob’s laughter, Yoseob’s pouts, Yoseob’s spoiled attitude.
Dujun took his motor key and goes down. He drives as fast as he could, trying to blew away all of his frustration, all of his memories, all of Yoseob away while crying out loud.

 

************************


He filled the last box with his last stuff. All packed well. Junhyung, one of his best friend, best co-worker stands in front of the darkroom (which the light is all switched on now) door, looking at Dujun sadly. “Are you really going to do this? Leaving Yoseob alone?”
Dujun answered him with a bitter smile. He took the ‘Yoseob-is-kissing-Dujun-combining-pic’ that is still sticking on the wall and gave it his last look. He took of the tape, tearing the two pictures apart and put his own picture in his box while sticking back Yoseob’s kissing pic on the wall. All alone, kissing nothing.
“I have to go now, Junhyung. This is the best that I can do for him.”
Dujun picked up his last box and walks through Junhyung.
“I leave him to you. Take a good care of him for me. I’m going.”
Junhyung watch him as he left. The sad back of Dujun that he can’t stop.

 

************************

 


A month had passed since the horrible incident. Miraculously, Yoseob got a cornea transplantation that fits well with his eyes. And today is the day to open up the bandage. Slowly, the doctor unwrapped the thick bandage and Yoseob could see the lights again.
A blurry sight comes in front of him. He blinks a few time, trying to get used with the lights that comes all of a sudden. The blurry sight slowly but sure comes to a perfect sight. He could see his sister, eyes wet with happy tears. Gikwang and Dongwoon happily holding a cake with “Congratulations on your recovery” written on it and Junhyung smiling at him. But he couldn’t see that man. He didn’t see Dujun.
“Yoseobah~ can you see me? Does your new eyes works? How does it feels?” Ask Gikwang excitedly.
“Yoseob-hyung~ I miss you a lot. It works right? You can see me too, right?”
The two younger boys can’t stop asking him question. They are too happy to see Yoseob finally looking back at them with full eyes.
“I can see you guys both, Gikwangie.. Dongwoonie.” Yoseob answered, smiling. “But where’s Dujunie-hyung?”
Silent comes. The two noisy Gikwang and Dongwoon stood still by the question. Haeyeon-noona broke the ice by clearing . She approached Yoseob near his bed putting her hands on Yoseob’s shoulder, patting it.
“It’s better for you to get dress first, we’ll check out from the hospital this afternoon. You can go with Junhyung after that, there’s a lot of things happened this past weeks and I know you have to know it, too. But not now okay, honey?”
Yoseob nods. He know he won’t get anything if he disobey his sister now. So he follows what she said and changed his hospital robes to a comfortable casual clothes. Gikwang helps him, while Dongwoon packed his things. Like what his sister promised him, she let Yoseob go with Junhyung while she, Gikwang and Dongwoon went home.
Yoseob follows Junhyung walks to his car. He entered the passenger’s seat without asking. His head is full of question, but he tries not to ask first. Junhyung starts the engine and drives his car away from the hospital. After some time, Yoseob realized where Junhyung is driving to. He knows the road pretty well, the car is going to Dujun’s apartment. Is he waiting for me there? Why didn’t he come to the hospital instead? I was hoping him as the first person that I see when I open the bandage. Stupid Ahjussi.
“We’re here.” Said Junhyung, returning Yoseob’s mind back to the world.
“Ah, yes.” He unbuckled his seatbelt and got out from the car. Still full of questions on his mind.
“Let’s go.”
Junhyung opens the door. When Yoseob enters, he immediately ran into the darkroom, full of hope to see Dujun there, working like always. But he found it empty. The room is not dark anymore. And it’s clean, only some stuffs are still on the place, but it’s not as messy as the last time Yoseob was there. He then saw a picture of him sticking on the wall. His eyes widen. It was suppose to be a ‘Him-kissing-Dujun-combining-pic’ that he made last time, but the Dujun pic is not there anymore leaving a kissing Yoseob pic alone. Yoseob took it. He turned around to see Junhyung standing behind him.
“Where’s Dujunie?” tears about to fall. His heart aches a bit, afraid to hear what Junhyung’s answer.
“He left. He left two days after the incident. He keeps on blaming himself for injuring you. And he didn’t leave any contact behind. He left a goodbye message for you tell you to be happy.”
Yoseob’s sight went dark again. Tears burst out uncontrolled. He could feel his heart broken, scattered into pieces. His legs goes weak making him couldn’t handle his body weight and falls down. He sits there, crying out loud.

 

 

 

We separated today
You said you wanted me to be happy and find a better person than you
You’re just like every other guy
Didn’t you tell me you loved me?
Honestly, I don’t want you to be happy
What If you find a better person than me?
And live happily with him?
What will I do if you really forget me?
I feel so much pain, more pain than I can show
Because I’m still in love with you

 

 

**************************

Yoseob is back to work. He spend a worst three days crying until he feels like there no more tears left in his new eyes. Gikwang of course still worried about him, but the older said he’s okay. Yoseob had promised himself he’ll start a new life, keeping his memories with Dujun safe on a special place and starts a new one.
A ding sound comes from the café door. Yoseob, who’s in the middle of cleaning the big mirror (one of the café’s interior), took a peek of the guest. He startled seeing a familiar person who stands there. He turns around to take a better view, but it turns out to be Junhyung, waving at him while holding a big brown envelope.
Yoseob sighed. How on earth could you think it’s him? He’s nowhere to be found now. He thought, smiling bitterly. Yoseob approached Junhyung to see what did he brought.
“Here, it’s for you.”
“What is it?”
“Just open it.”
It’s a magazine. With Yoseob’s face as the cover. One of Dujun’s best shot as the front page.
“How could this---?” Yoseob can’t finish his words. His throat doesn’t work as he wants while tears coming down again.
“It’s his ways of telling you he’s still alive, I guess.” Answered Junhyung, patting him caringly.
 

****************************



It’s a free day for Yoseob. He comes to visit the motor track stadium where he had a date with Dujun before, hoping for some fresh air. He looks down on the track seeing some motors running fast fullspeed just like how Dujun rides it.
Stupid Yoseob, this place is full with your memories with him. Why are you going here?
He turned around, ready to leave when he saw a man with full black suit, black pants and wearing shades sitting on a bench near the motor track. The guy is playing with a dog. Throwing a ball but stays sit on the bench.
It can’t be.
Yoseob walks slowly, approaching the man.
No way.
A picture flew by the wind and falls down near Yoseob’s feet. He bent down and took it. It’s him. He’s on the picture. With a shock expression. The very first picture of Yoseob that the handsome photographer ahjussi took months ago.
The black suited guy trifled his fingers trying to search the picture that he put next to him. The picture that he always brings with him. A picture of his most beloved one.
Yoseob saw the guy’s gesture. He clasped his hands on his mouth, too shocked of the view in front of him.
It’s him. It is him. It’s Dujun. And he’s…. blind.

The operation lights went on. An unconscious Yoseob lying down on the operation bed. Next to him, Dujun also lie down on another operation bed. Dujun hands reached Yoseob, holding it tightly. This is his decision. He only can think of this as a punishment for injuring Yoseob, for hurting him. Giving Yoseob back his sight and smile while sacrificing himself. He knows that it’s stupid. He is stupid. He is stupidly in love with Yoseob that he don’t want to see a hurt Yoseob anymore.
Tears falls from Dujun eyes once the operation start. The last tears ever in his life.

Yoseob puts the picture in Dujun’s hands without a single words. He can’t, his throat is stuck. He sobbed quietly while looking at the guy he loves nodding his thank you. Not knowing that it’s him, it’s Yoseob who is standing there next to him.
The dog runs back to Dujun, signaling him that he can stand up now. He took the leash, bowed politely at Yoseob and walk through him, leaving a sobbing Yoseob alone.

 

Leaving him again only with his eyes.

There’s a guy that I love
 
And eventhough we can’t be together, I still love him.


------END------


FYI:
There must be some questions regarding the cornea transplantation, but I’ve done some (Google, LOL) research beforehand and found out this:

Q: I assume a donor must be dead?
A: For the most part, corneal donation comes from people who are dead. In very rare circumstances, a donor may be living. For example a patient who has ocular tumor in the back of the eye may be able to donate the eye at the time the eye is removed. If an eye is blind and it is removed, but is healthy in the front, the cornea might also be used. There are no instances of donation between people who are living in another circumstance where a person may donate a cornea to themselves is where one eye can still see and one can't. That is very rare.

So this may happen, Dujun can still donate his eyes to Yoseob. And moreover, this is just a fic, I can do anything I want~ LOL