I love you...Goodbye

Only You: Sequel of Guardian Soul

I had enough of Sungjong’s lies for this day, that’s why I just left them and went back home and lied down on my bed. I know what he said. He could still see him, but why deny it to me? Why is he hiding Myungsoo to me?

 

“Aish!” I ruffled my hair “This is making me crazy! Damn you Lee Sungjong!” I cursed while I closed my eyes

 

“You have no right to curse at him” a voice suddenly said.

 

“Aish!” I cursed again

 

“Stop cursing, you pabo” the voice said again

 

Wait a minute…That’s a familiar voice…

 

I shot my eyes open and sat up….Kim Myungsoo…I unconsciously smiled by just seeing him there. I feel contented.

 

“Stop smiling like an idiot” He stared at me with his piercing eyes

 

“I can’t” I gave him a sweet smile “I’m too happy”

 

“I told you to forget about me” he started “You’re just giving Sungjong a hard time. You can never change your attitude. You’d be the same old like you were before” he hissed

 

My smile became a thin line “Look who has an attitude now”

 

“I’m just telling you the truth” he said

 

“I want to change for you Myungsoo…” I honestly told him I bowed my head. “I want to be back to the old me…I want to start again where we got separated…” I glanced at him then put my head back down again and whispered “I want you back in my life…”

 

“Look at me” his voice was much softer now that made me look at him. “No matter what you do, I will never come back to you, Minhee. It’s over. I can never come back. Death is a natural thing, Minhee. I can never be yours and so you will ever be mine. You have to face that”. He tried to caress my cheek but I felt nothing but cold wind. “Forget about me please”

 

“I have one question though” I bit my lip in hesitation “Do you love me?”

 

He seems taken aback by my question but then he smiled and said “God knows how much I love you, Minhee. I love you more than anything else. I love you more than a friend. You’re not just my best friend. I wanted you to be my wife. I wanted to wake up every morning next to you, but that could never happen. We both know that.”

 

I waited for him to finish. I know that’s not all he wants to say.

 

“This is the last day you will see me, Minhee. I didn’t want to confess to you since I still want to be next to you. But now that I’ve said it, I’d be gone” he continued.

 

A tear suddenly rolled on my cheek….I was crying… “You’re joking, right?” I asked him.

 

He shook his head as a response. “Lee Minhee, I love you. Goodbye”. With that, he vanished.

 

“Myungsoo?” I called him but no one answered. My heart was in pain. This couldn’t be happening. I lost him again. “Myungsoo?!” I went outside my room to look for him. “Myungsoo!” I called again. I searched everywhere for him, but still no sign of Myungsoo.

 

Is he already gone…?