[!] shop changes and other news

We Got Fired ---// GRAPHIC SHOP //--- CLOSED;

--- latest


(14 august 2018)

1. Thank you so much once again to everybody that contacted us regarding the scammer and those that have spread the word. The user is no longer active. We consider that this particular issue has been solved. On the other hand, we'll take this as a lesson and we'll update our FAQ with indications on how to know whether the person contacting you is from the shop or just using our name for other purpose, as we also have guest designers and it might bring confusion in the future.

We have removed the chapter regarding what happened (so those that were out of the loop aren't affected), but you may read it below:

 

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS NOT FROM US, but from a new user ("blossomsadhelper").

"Hello! Thank you for requesting at we got fired. You have been chosen as our random anon kp winner! Every month, we got fired picks a random user who has requested at our shop before and gives them 500 karma points in hopes that they return to our services. 

Note: Please keep this "incentive" on the down low. We don't want people requesting just for the benefits.

To accept that you'd like our incentive, please provide your username and password. When you accept and provide us your verification, you will also receive a FREE! review for a story of your choice!

FAQ:
- Your username is a personal verifications to confirm you have requested before.
- Your password is asked to be given through a systematic request. With AFF's new system, the password of the person receiving the karma points (you) needs to be entered in to confirm that you are allowing the karma points transfer. AFF will think the amount of kp being given away is a spam. In return, when you give us yours, we will you give the password to this account too! 

Thank you! :)"

THE ONLY ACCOUNTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SHOP ARE THE AUTHOR AND CO-AUTHORS aka shin-oppa, ryhanna, Lynnda, Queensabelle and kinri08. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER ACCOUNTS FOR SHOP MANAGEMENT OTHER THAN THE KAKAOTALK ACCOUNT YOU CAN FIND ON THE FOREWORD.

Please help us spread this message! Special thank you to everyone that have PMed us about this.

NEVER GIVE YOUR PERSONAL AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO ANYONE.

edit: PLEASE TAKE SCREENSHOTS AND MAKE SURE THE MESSAGE IS VISIBLE TO USE AS PROOF

13/08/2018: It seems the account responsible is no longer active. Thank you so much everyone for spreading the message so quickly!

 

2. We're currently working on completing all requests. Apologies for taking so long! Our tardiness is one of the reasons why we'll be taking a break after the batch is officially closed, as announced on the feed. We're also reminding everybody that redoes are no longer available once we close the shop and we do not take requests, under any circumstances, if the shop status is switched to 'HOLIDAY'.

 

Thank you for being with us!

 

 

--- oldest -> newest


Hey guys.

Up until now, we accepted all requests as long as you have commented. Some people change their mind and don't want to request anymore, so they do not comment (or messed something up in the form... but guys, you can tell us that, we won't kill you OTL we'll even fix the form for you). That is why we insist with commenting, so we know for sure that you want us to work on your request. If not, then do not comment and we'll ignore the request, no hard feelings.

Simple, right?

Some of you comment hours after you have submitted the form. This was alright with us up until today.

Starting with next batch, we will deny all requests if you comment after the shop closed (not when we're still open, when we're closed). This only applies if you you comment 9 to 12 hours after you have submitted the form.

Look, I get it, we're all busy, you want to catch a spot, yadda-yadda, but it doesn't take much to comment after you submitted the form. If you can't do that and we close in the meantime, then I'm not sorry. There are other people waiting and it completely ruins our system if you decide not to comment on spot.

Remember, this only applies if you comment much, much later and we are closed

If you submitted the form, let's say, one or two hours before we closed, that's alright. Even five hours is good. But the next day?

No... just no... you have 24 hours. You sleep around 5 to max 10 hours a day. Even with your schedule, you still have at least half an hour left for that comment.

Heck, comment just "Req" for all I care =_= we'll understand what you're trying to say.

If you want to save a spot, then tell us! There have been people that said they cannot complete the form right at that time, but would like a spot and we kept that mind. So by the time they submitted the form, we knew of them and their situation. Is it that hard to say that?

There's also a problem we've been experiencing lately. What if you comment much later and we can't find the form because, for some reason, it hasn't gone through?

See why you need to do that? If not, then I'm judging you so hard right now... Kyungsoo style.

Really, it's worse if you submit and comment after every single designer is packed with requests and were happy to know we closed, so there won't be anymore to add to the pile. Understand us and we'll understand you too.

Thank you for everything guys! Really thank you <3 I understand we still have a lot to work on and polish ourselves until we become super shiny, yet I hope we do not disappoint you as something common-looking until we reach that moment (awkward metaphor time is awkward, I'm aware of that sheesh orz)

Fighting! >w< ~


(17 oct 2015)

--- cleaned our affie list

- anybody that didn't have the shop on their affie list or shops that were no longer available have been taken down from our affie list. drafted stories were excused.
- if you think there's been a mistake, please contact us
- big, big, big thank you to Cas for updating our layout, we can now accept more affies

--- updated the forms + new one

- the requesting and survey forms have been updated in time for our anniversary
- added the guest designer form for designers that want to help us, but not want to be part of the shop as official designers

--- rules updated

- you may no longer choose your designer, but if you really want someone, you may mention it in the form and we'll see what we can do
- added a permanent ban condition: claim the graphics we have done as your own

--- FAQ updated

- added a question about the form password (we don't have one)
- fixed grammar mistakes and such, change a few sentences for clarity and to match the new rules
- will be updated again after our anniversary event ends with a note about imgur on direct linking + questions that might appear from potential guest designers

--- other

- we will reopen our sponsorship after our anniversary events end
- we will hire again after our anniversary events end (same as last time - need to do a request as part of the hiring form)
- we will update our staff page after the anniversary events with who is still considered an active designer and who is in hiatus
- we /might/ reopen our recycle project (redo old posters for free)


(7 march 2016)

--- changed the way we take requests

- we'll take 5 requests every week, no matter what
- we'll do this until we hit 30 requests, this is a batch
- if we finished those 5 requests faster in a week, we'll re-open the form earlier for the next 5 requests
- our requesting once a batch unless we've finished your request and one week rules stay the same

because of the new system, we will always be open (sort of) and even if only one designer is available, the shop can still function
we're going to test our new formula for this batch, so we insist that you share your thoughts in our surveys or comments! if everything works well, we might keep it. if not, we'll have to think of something else. we're sorry in advance if the new system causes displeasure, we're doing this for both you and our designers.


(1 october 2016)

--- changed the way we take requests

From now on, we'll take 10 requests every Thursday evening / Friday (GMT+2/3) until we hit 30 requests. If anything else changes, we'll update you. For now, rules stay the same and if anyone broke them this month, we'll do some more changes.


(8 september 2017)

1. FAQ has been updated! If there’s something you would like to add or something that’s not clear, please contact us.

2. The rule affecting how many times you can request has changed. Below is the new version,

one request at a time, two requests a batch. you may request again only if we finished your first request.
--- you may request twice a normal batch (30 or more requests) with at least a week between requests in case the batch is split in 3-4 weeks. so you may request in week 1 and 3, but not in week 2 and 4 (and vice versa). you may not request again until your first request has been completed. this is to prevent the requesting list from clogging with the same people. if you wish to keep a spot for the next batch, tell us.

The rule will come into effect beginning with Batch 50, so everyone that requested during batch 49 is not affected. If you have any questions regarding the modified rule or anything regarding the shop, please go ahead and ask.

3. We are also growing worried about people who request for posters but never use them, even after weeks, and request posters for the same story from other shops, without knowing whether they will use them as main or chapter posters. This is solely for PUBLISHED stories, which also have a chapter or more.

With this occasion, we wish to underline that you should use what we give you for at least a week, unless something prevents you from doing this, be it personal (we are always willing to hear your side) or technical (e.g. it is not possible right away to save/upload the images and use them).

The last thing we want is to make another rule against this since we know it’s not a viable solution, but if it continues so, we will take measures.

Again, this does not apply to unpublished stories, stories in draft, stories that do not exist or if you are having personal issues. As long as you tell us SOMETHING about what’s going on, we can figure things out.

4. Still working on the staff page, nothing official right now. If you wish to pick a designer but you do not know their preferred genres, please contact us. The hiring form will close on Sunday (Sept 10).

5. Currently working on re-opening our adoption page, on introducing our recycle project and whether we are going to keep the guest designer feature or not since the results weren’t as good as expected.


(25 october 2017)

1. Thank you everybody that requested! Out of 30 requests, 29 of you said YES to letting us practice on your forms. That's a lot more than we expected and we hope that the requests will be put to good use in the near future.

2. Our anniversary is tomorrow, that means we'll be having a special batch on Friday! Unfortunately, there's no event this year since we haven't been active throughout 2017, but we'll be giving away banners like every year (and maybe a surprise? dundundun).

3. Kind of disappointed to see people breaking the rules, but since it's our anniversary month, we have forgiven everybody. At the same time, expect more drastic measures if something as simple as to keep a poster for a week (ONE WEEK, JUST ONE WEEK - THAT'S FULL 7 DAYS) is not respected.

4. Still working (yes, still) on the staff page, nothing official right now. If you wish to pick a designer but you do not know their preferred genres, please contact us.

5. Currently working on introducing our recycle project! Nothing fancy.


(19 may 2018)

1. We got a new layout (that is also mobile friendly) and some other goodies thanks to Yeon! Head over to iridescent and send some love if you're just as happy with her work as we are <3 We're still testing things out, so if you're having trouble with any part of the layout, anywhere, please tell us!

The following parts of the shop are now mobile friendly: foreword, staff page, poster donation and pick-up. Everything else is unchanged. Hopefully, this will make navigation easier for everyone.

2. Our rules, guidelines and FAQ have been updated! Some rules have been combined, but other than the major changes below, they are basically the same:

- the rule regarding for how long you must use the graphics we provide changed from one week to 15 days;

- added mentions about shop hopping, hoarding, double-requesting, and explained better our "no, thank you" policy that has been present since the beginning (and, fortunately, rarely used - but it's best people are better aware of it)

- the following rule has been removed as it's obsolete (and the request form already has that info):
"provide images if you can. mention if you really want to keep an image. if you forgot some details, contact us asap.
--- please provide high quality images (bigger than 500x500px) for your graphics. if you do not, we will search them for you (your request will take longer). at the same time, if the designer cannot work with them, they will be changed. please mention in the form if you really want to keep an image in your graphic, so the designer will take note of that. also, if you are looking for something specific, please give as many details as possible and comment if you've forgotten anything."

- finally added our recycle project! the last section before the affiliates tells you more about it; if you're confused, feel free to ask (and also help us further update our FAQ through your questions)

- brought back our kakaotalk chat group, so if you need a quick answer or anything, make sure you send us a message there! The code, as also written on the foreword, is hiwgf

3. Unfortunately, we had to remove affiliates that have not been active in 2016, 2017 and 2018 (most of them have been long dead too). We have also removed affiliates that have removed us from their own lists and 1 shop that has never opened. If you believe there's been a mistake, please contact us and we'll try to fix it.

4. Our form has been slightly modified and now uses conditional rules, meaning some sections will appear only if you need them. It should look a lot cleaner if you pick less options. Please tell us if you encouter any errors and such, and we'll try to fix them. If there are too many such errors, we'll revert the form to its original state.

5. The suicide hotlines list is now a permanent chapter. Please help us maintain it. We'll try as much as possible to keep it up to date.

6. As a side note, if you have any suggestions for the shop or if you want to see more bonuses for VIP passes (and what), comment below.

Lastly, thank you everyone for supporting WGF! We could have never got where we are without all of you.


(9 july 2018)

1. Thank you everyone that took the time to apply as a designer or a guest designer! The guest designer form shall be available again beginning with July 9 and with every new batch.

2. WGF will be back on July 13th. Due to the lack of active designers, we are not reserving spots this time, but if anything changes, we'll tell you over the feed.

3. VVIP passes can now be used 5 times instead of once and they can be acquired by exchanging 5 VIP (normal) passes. Unless someone abuses this system, the change should be permanent. If you have any ideas on what other perks requesters should have, please contact us.

Have a great summer! And for everyone taking exams, good luck!


(27 july 2018)

1. The following from rule o9 has been modified from three months to five:

"if we are aware that you are shop-hopping or a hoarder / building up a “gallery” of posters, we take the liberty to reject your request in order not to waste a spot that could have gone to someone else. as a general rule, if the graphics you want to replace, without a valid reason, are not older than five months, we might reject you"

2. The following has been added to rule o8 in order to avoid any misunderstandings:

"you may request twice a normal batch (when there are 30 or more requests), waiting at least a week between requests in case the batch is split in 3-4 weeks. therefore, you may request during week 1 and 3, but not during week 2 and 4 (and vice versa). shop week usually begins on Friday or Saturday. this does not count if our batch is extended for more than 4 weeks for any reason (e.g. lack of staff), where you may request up to three times, or if we are having a special batch. you may not request again until your first request has been completed. this is to prevent the request list from clogging with the same people. "

3. As the form says, please do not order us around.  All requests that order the designers what to do shall be rejected on spot. This does not mean you may not make suggestions or say how you envision the poster, but the moment you force your opinion and image upon the designer without allowing even the slightest change, we will stop working on your request. We've been more than tolerant over these past years and turned a blind eye from time to time, but due to recent events we are no longer doing it.

Have a nice weekend!


(14 august 2018)

1. Thank you so much once again to everybody that contacted us regarding the scammer and those that have spread the word. The user is no longer active. We consider that this particular issue has been solved. On the other hand, we'll take this as a lesson and we'll update our FAQ with indications on how to know whether the person contacting you is from the shop or just using our name for other purpose, as we also have guest designers and it might bring confusion in the future.

We have removed the chapter regarding what happened (so those that were out of the loop aren't affected), but you may read it below:

 

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS NOT FROM US, but from a new user ("blossomsadhelper").

"Hello! Thank you for requesting at we got fired. You have been chosen as our random anon kp winner! Every month, we got fired picks a random user who has requested at our shop before and gives them 500 karma points in hopes that they return to our services. 

Note: Please keep this "incentive" on the down low. We don't want people requesting just for the benefits.

To accept that you'd like our incentive, please provide your username and password. When you accept and provide us your verification, you will also receive a FREE! review for a story of your choice!

FAQ:
- Your username is a personal verifications to confirm you have requested before.
- Your password is asked to be given through a systematic request. With AFF's new system, the password of the person receiving the karma points (you) needs to be entered in to confirm that you are allowing the karma points transfer. AFF will think the amount of kp being given away is a spam. In return, when you give us yours, we will you give the password to this account too! 

Thank you! :)"

THE ONLY ACCOUNTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SHOP ARE THE AUTHOR AND CO-AUTHORS aka shin-oppa, ryhanna, Lynnda, Queensabelle and kinri08. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER ACCOUNTS FOR SHOP MANAGEMENT OTHER THAN THE KAKAOTALK ACCOUNT YOU CAN FIND ON THE FOREWORD.

Please help us spread this message! Special thank you to everyone that have PMed us about this.

NEVER GIVE YOUR PERSONAL AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO ANYONE.

edit: PLEASE TAKE SCREENSHOTS AND MAKE SURE THE MESSAGE IS VISIBLE TO USE AS PROOF

13/08/2018: It seems the account responsible is no longer active. Thank you so much everyone for spreading the message so quickly!

 

2. We're currently working on completing all requests. Apologies for taking so long! Our tardiness is one of the reasons why we'll be taking a break after the batch is officially closed, as announced on the feed. We're also reminding everybody that redoes are no longer available once we close the shop and we do not take requests, under any circumstances, if the shop status is switched to 'HOLIDAY'.

 

Thank you for being with us!

- shin-oppa