Flower

Flower

 

They were sitting on a hill over the city and watching the day pass. One of those rare idle days in summer. Changmin was spending it with his girlfriend. She was a little further down. Plucking flowers. She had rolled herself down there from his lap. He watched her. How she, following a strange rule choosed the flowers she would pluck. Changmin`s gaze drifted away from her. He took the bento box she had prepared for him and took another piece of something he didn`t know what it was. Sure thing it was delicious. He munched it happily. The sun was a little further down now. He closed his eyes to the afternoon rays and bathed in the sun.

A shadow appeared in front of him.

“Here, I plucked them for you…since you wouldn`t get your arse up to pluck them for me.”  She offered him the flowers with a serious face.

Changmin was a bit taken aback.

She continued, blinking as she was facing the sun now.

“and you don`t even say..thank you..what have become of the men nowadays?”  .

There was a naughty smile on her lips.

Changmin took the flowers from her hands. “These? I don`t like them” he said and threw the flowers his girlfriend had plucked for him in a diva manner far away. They landed with a hollow noise on the grass. He tried to keep his face serious and arrogant. He knew about the game.

“Arraso.” she said, placing herself next to him. “You just broke my heart”. She tried for a tear, but it just wouldn`t appear.

It was his turn. “Your love towards me could ONLY symbolized by a bunch of wild flowers?” He was clearly searching. A little far fetched, he knew, but well good enough, he thought. He tried to sound bitter.

She didn`t reply to that comment. Ignored it. Sometimes ignorance was a good weapon. She simply took the bento box and started eating. One by one. Changmin watched her.

“hmm, these are really good…ohh..it was the last one.” she said.

Changmin reached for the box. He wanted another piece of the olive potato filled pastry, but she withdrew it. Changmin got up and sat to the side where the box was now. Game or not he was hungry now.

She just closed the box.

“You know what? I think I wont sleep at your place tonight.” She said dryly.

“hmmmm..” was his answer.

“I want to watch Star Wars at home, alone and eat the rest of the things I made for our little obligatory here.” she continued, totally uninterested and depriciative. She looked into the distant horizon and tried to catch a glimpse of the skyscrapers of the city. It was beautiful view.

“Why did you bring me here? It is not even…”, she couldn`t finish. Changmin just suprised her by jumping on her and pressing her down with his body. He caught her wrists with his arms and pinned her down along her body.

She was smiling brightly inside, but she tried to make a sour face, but a little of the smile creepd in that one. Enough so Changmin could see it.

“Yah…get down off me!” She tried hard to hide her smile.

Changmin didn`t care. Sometimes a kiss was the best to end a game you are about to loose.

She responded his kiss, just to make him feel secure enough to kick his crotch with her knee.