The Day I Confirmed My Suspicion

3rd Year High School Drama

It was late at night when JiWon had to send me home. Rides were hard to catch by that time. I took the opportunity to ask her.

Ah~ I still remember it clearly. We were standing in the street corner waiting for my ride, we were listening to music and somehow, we were just talking and ended up about him. So I seized the opportunity to ask.

 

Me: You like ____, don't you?

JiWon: What!? No!

Me: Really?

 

I raised a brow back then. I was curious and amused. Her reaction was definitely telling me she's lying. If it was really a no, she would just laugh at me for even coming up with the idea. And knowing me, I never give up until I win an argument. And what proves my point was her trying to avoid eye contact. Something that she rarely does.

 

JiWon: Why are you looking at me like that?

Me: You like him, huh?

JiWon: Like I said, no!

Me: You know, when me and ____ talk, I always feel a stare. It was yours, wasn't it? I also notice that every time you ask me about what will break our friendship, it was always after he would talk to me. I find your stories relating to us, and I notice the way you look at him.

JiWon: I hate you!!!

 

I was scared that moment. My best friend? Hates me?

 

JiWon: I hate that you're so smart!!!

 

I smiled. She basically admitted that I was right.

 

Me: So you DO have a crush on him.

JiWon: It was just admiration.

Me: So you really do stare~

JiWon: Sometimes, I would stare and just snap out of it... Especially when you two are holding hands.

Me: You know~ I only did it to find out how you would react.

 

I was kinda lying that moment. I really did not notice when this nasty habit of his started and when I started to get used to it. But it was useful in finding out who her crush is.

We continued talking about him and she started pushing her point that I like him, too.

 

JiWon: Just admit it, you like him too.

Me: I don't. I only admire him.

JiWon: Good enough.

Me: He has a charm to make very girl like him, you know?

JiWon: I so know that feeling.

 

She sent me home then and we made a promise that there is no way that he will be the reason why we would fight.

To be honest, I'm willing to let her and him be together for the sake of her happiness. I know her.It wasn't just admiration. It was a crush. A hard one.

Making them be together would be hard. I know for a fact that the boy is a heart breaker. He focuses on his studies and is not interested in anything related to love life.

If it was just admiration for her, she wouldn't go as far as hinting me about him as the reason of the breakage of our friendship. She was serious... about him.

She fell for him with a caress on the hand! Wasn't that too fast?