Chapter 27: Power Outage

Fashion and Fame 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for taking so long everyone. I hope you like this chapter and forgive me. Also I hope some of your questions are answered concerning Hyemi. Also I would like to thank my good friend AiGooLoVE for reading my story.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hanah you’re up!”

“Excuse me” Hanah stood up leaving behind some of her co-models. She had been in the dressing room waiting for the staff to call her in. As she walked out her manager came over to her handing her cell phone to her. “Who is it?”

“The hotel” her Manager answered as she handed the phone over to her. Hanah yanked it out of her hand and placed it to her ear “hello this is Kim Hanah.”

Hanah rolled her eyes as she heard what the hotel manager was telling her. Once it was her turn to talk she put on a cheerful tone. “Ah yes I understand but like I said she is in Japan right now. Her family has entrusted her to me until I can have her career up and running so perhaps I can sign the papers.”

After a few more words from the hotel manager Hanah was able to hang up the phone and once again everything was going her way. She gave the phone back to her manager who couldn’t keep her thoughts silent. “Hanah someone is going to find out Hyemi isn’t in Japan.”

Hanah’s eyes widened as she heard her manager mention Hyemi out loud. She looked around to make sure no one was looking and yanked her manager by her arm. Once they were in a lonely place Hanah let go of her. “Listen; don’t ever mention Hyemi or anything about her.”

“But Hanah someone is going to find out.”

“Who he parents? They were happy when I paid them a visit and told them I could make Hyemi a bigger model than Minah could. I pay off her bill at the hotel and make sure to give them a good story every time. Before she was in Japan I paid some other fame hungry model in training that was similar to Hyemi to check into the hotel every once in a while.” Hanah smirked “even her cell phone tells the story, no one ever calls or texts her. Her parents have only called me once to ask about her progress. It’s obvious no one cares about her.”

“There is still a chance someone will start to suspect something.”

Hanah sighed and got closer to her manager. “Listen Manager, no one will find out because I am an expert at lying and my image to the public is nothing but good. To them I am a very famous and well loved model. The only way that anyone can find out is if you open your mouth. If you ever choose to do that then you will be going down with me because you are a witness to everything you are as much a part of this as I am.”

With that last statement Hanah walked out and towards the staff with her usual smile that fooled everyone.

After finishing Hanah got back into her dressing room and changed into her own clothes. As she walked out of the building her manager caught up to her.

Hanah stopped walking and turned around coming face to face with her manager. “This was the last thing for today right?”

“Y-yes Hanah but I thought-” Hanah signaled her to stop talking. “If that is it for today then I don’t need you anymore just go home.”

Without another word the manager went her separate way. She knew not to question Hanah about where she was going or what she was going to do.

***

“Thank you for coming we will call you to let you know our decision.” Minah signed as she let herself slouch into her seat.

“Don’t worry Mrs. Kwon we stsill have a few more girls interested in the position. I’m sure we’ll find someone.”

Ara stood out of her seat and stretched. “Can we take a break? I think my is going to be permanently flat if I continue to sit any longer.”

Minah agreed to the break feeling tired herself. “Please let the rest of the girls know Mrs. Shim.”

“Of course Mrs.Kwon,” Mrs. Shim left Ara and Minah in the room as she went to let the remaining girls know there would be a short break.

Minah watched Ara walk circles around her as she stretched. “Tired of these interviews?”

Ara nodded and stopped in front of the table with Minah sitting in front of her. “I’m tired of seeing all these girls coming here giving you and Mrs. Shim a fake smile while they give me the look.”

“What look?”

“You know the look that someone gives to tell you they pretty much hate you. Like this…” Ara showed Minah the look the girls were giving her whenever they weren’t looking.

Seeing Ara try and give her the look made Minah laugh. It seemed funnier than offensive how Ara was doing it but she understood what she was going for. “I know that look it’s the one permanently drawn on Kim Hanah’s face whenever we talk.”

Ara joined Minah in laughing but suddenly stopped when Mrs. Shim entered the room so suddenly. “Mrs. Kwon someone is here insisting to come in and talk to you.”

“It’s okay Mrs. Shim let them in.” Minah was curious about who so desperately wanted to talk to her that Mrs. Shim seemed so rushed.

Ara was curious as well and went back to her seat next to Minah. “Who do you think it is?”

“I don’t know but it must be important.”

“Do you want me to leave” Ara asked.

Minah shook her head letting Ara know she could stay in her seat.

“Well well well, it’s been so long Minah.” Hanah entered the room with a smirk on her face. She was standing in front of the table where Minah and Ara were sitting like she was one of the models who was being interviewed for the position.

Ara immediately felt the hate in the room. Just seeing Hanah’s way of presenting herself and how she started talking to Minah made her understand she was a bad person.

“Personally I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing you again. If you are here to be interviewed I can already tell you the answer is no now get out.” Minah really didn’t want to start anything with Hanah knowing she was always ready to put her down somehow.

Hanah walked closer to the front of the table. “Oh no I’m here to talk about Hyemi.”

Minah sighed “I already know you offered to be her mentor and have her as your errand girl.” She was feeling irritated having Hanah so close to her. It was the first time she was seeing her face to face after having found out about her and Jiyong.

“Then that must mean you know everything that happened between me and your husband.” Hanah smirked as she saw Minah look away from her.

Ara’s eyes kept shifting back and forth between Hanah and Minah as they exchanged remarks. Now she was really feeling out of place and didn’t think she should be there.

Minah finally regained herself and looked into Hanah’s eyes. “Yes, I know you played your sleazy tricks on him and had your way like always.”

Hanah shook her head and sighed. “If you are saying that then that must mean you still don’t know every single detail about that night and the following day when he came looking for me because he wanted seconds.”

Minah’s fists were beginning to clench hearing Hanah talk. She stood out of her chair quickly making Ara jump. “Get out Hanah!”

Now it was Minah’s turn to enjoy the look of her enemy’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter