Big And Small

Big And Small ~ A Oneshot Request For Joanne200969

 “I want the strawberry one!” Hyoyeon exclaimed as she approached the shelf. She reached up for the bag on the top shelf, but her hand was swatted away.

 

“How come you always get first pick?” her best friend, Junho, blurted, pushing himself in front of Hyoyeon. “What if I wanted a strawberry one?”

 

“No one's stopping you from taking it,” she sighed, pointing back to the top shelf. “See? There's more than one package of strawberry, you can take one, too.”

 

“That's not the point,” Junho grunted, kicking the toe of his shoe into the floor.

 

Hyoyeon scoffed in her best friend's direction, still taking a bag of strawberry flavored candy for herself. She looked over her shoulder to see a sulking Junho, his hands in his pockets, and she sighed. She grabbed one more bag and tossed it his way.

 

“There, you still got your candy,” she winked, pushing him out of the way to pay for their snack. “No harm, no foul.”

 

“But you always get first pick...” Junho pouted, crossing his arms.

 

“Aish, what can I do to make it up to you?” Hyoyeon sighed, exasperated.

 

A smirk worked its way across Junho's face. “I want a red beanie hat,” Junho stated proudly, rubbing his hands together evilly.

 

“That's nice,” she sighed, daydreaming as she opened her bag of strawberry candies. She nonchalantly pried a small piece from the bag and tossed it into .

 

“And it has to be knit,” Junho exclaimed enthusiastically, pumping his fist in the air. “Hyoyeon, will you get me a hat like that?”

 

“Yeah, sure,” she scoffed, waving Junho off. “Whatever you want.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“But that's the most expensive one!” Hyoyeon protested as Junho walked up to the courtesy counter.

 

“Honestly, Hyoyeon, how expensive can the most expensive hat be?” he sighed, tousling the ball on the hat's top.

 

“But I don't carry my whole savings account with me!” she stomped her foot.

 

“That's because you spend it all on candy,” he replied snidely, handing the cashier his purchase. Well, Hyoyeon's purchase, anyway.

 

She pouted as she watched the hat scan into the system.

 

“You're lucky I like you,” she grunted, reluctantly pulling out her wallet from her back pocket.

 

“Is that what it means to be lucky?” he smirked, hastily grabbing his hat from the bag it was placed in.

 

Hyoyeon paid the cashier, glaring as Junho frolicked the whole way out of the store.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Hyoyeon, give it back!” Junho cried, chasing the agile Hyoyeon around his living room. His hat dangled ever so delicately from her hand.

 

“Not unless you drink this!” she chanted, holding out a container in her other hand.

 

Junho wrinkled his nose. “You know I don't like black coffee,” he protested, slowly reaching back out for his new hat. “I just want my hat back-”

 

“I just told you, not until you drink this!” she giggled, wiggling the container again.

 

Junho raised a cautious eyebrow. “Okay fine,” he sighed, getting a smile from Hyoyeon. “But first you have to take a big gulp.”

 

Hyoyeon scrunched up her face. “I don't like the stuff any more than you do,” she grumbled.

 

“Yeah, but if you don't drink it, then I won't,” he winked, pointing at the container in her limp hand.

 

“I guess...” Hyoyeon sighed, but then stopped. “But wait a second, who am I kidding? If I don't drink it, that means you won't.”

 

“Right,” Junho agreed, happy that she had resigned to this.

 

“But if I don't drink it, then you don't, then you don't get your hat back,” she smirked. “I win. I just don't have to drink the coffee, and I still get to keep your hat.”

 

“That's not fair!” Junho complained, leaping forward to try and get her off balance.

 

“Welcome to the real world!” Hyoyeon cackled, leaping backwards, but not quick enough before Junho could hit her hand.

 

And out of her hand slipped the container of coffee. And out of that container spilled lots of hot, black coffee all over Junho.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hyoyeon pouted in her room. She hadn't spoken to Junho since the coffee incident. Her clock on the wall ticked ever so slowly, each second getting agonizingly longer than the last.

 

She rested her head on her knees, hoping that she could find a way to make it up to Junho.

 

She hadn't meant to hurt him at all. She was only teasing him, like they always had since they had met. It was all fun and games until someone poked an eye out.

 

...Or had freshly brewed coffee spilled on them.

 

Hyoyeon sighed, sitting up straight. She glanced over her pillow and noticed her phone gently resting on her comforter. She decided to maybe give him a call...

 

Maybe he'd accept her apology.

 

Her hand had barely grazed the plastic pink phone case when she heard a knock at her door.

 

She solemnly rose from her seat and opened the door without much enthusiasm.

 

In front of her stood Junho, his new red hat planted firmly on his head and a cup in the other.

 

“Wh-what are you doing here?!” Hyoyeon exclaimed, surprised that her friend would show up without calling first. “I was just going to call you!”

 

“Looks like I beat you to it, for once,” he chuckled, raising his hand to put down the cup. “Has that ever happened-”

 

“I'm sorry, Junho,” Hyoyeon interrupted, tears welling up in her eyes. “I-I didn't mean to hurt you, Junho. I was just playing around like we usually do, and I- oh, gosh, Junho I-”

 

Junho's empty hands clasped her shoulders. “Hyoyeon, I'm fine,” Junho reassured her, patting his chest. “See? Forgive and forget.”

 

“But...but it burned you,” she whispered. “Junho, I didn't think you were gonna forgive me...”

 

“Hyoyeon, it's been three hours,” he sighed, rolling his eyes. “I just needed to clean the burns up a little...” He pulled at the collar of his shirt, showing her the fresh bandages. “See? Good as new.”

 

Hyoyeon's face softened a little as she stared at his bandages. “Are you sure you're okay?”

 

“I'm fine,” Junho repeated, patting the back of her head. “You always were one to worry.” He gently pulled her head into his chest and wrapped his other arm around her waist.

 

“At least you know I care,” Hyoyeon sassed, sighing as she hugged him back.

 

“I can see you're feeling better,” Junho grunted, pushing her away. His hand snapped through the air and snatched Hyoyeon's phone from her hand.

 

“H-Hey!” Hyoyeon shouted, taken by surprise. “Give it back!”

 

Junho smirked, hopping across the room. “Okay, but you'll have to drink this first!” he chuckled, lifting the cup off of the table he had placed it on. He smirked deviously.

 

Hyoyeon's eyes widened. “Don't you dare,” she sneered, backing away from him as quickly as she could.

 

But no matter how fast she was, she couldn't escape Junho's grip on her arm just as he dumped the entire cup of cold water over her head.

________________________________________

Dragon note~

Aha this story was so much fun to write! I hope joanne200969 enjoyed it especially!

LMAO I'm not that much of a Sone, but the entire time I wrote this all I could hear was "Kissing You" playing in my head XD

Oh well, thank you all for reading  and I hope you enjoyed~ ♥