Chapter 1.

Back to those times

 

You were staring intently at the race of the raindrops as they compete to reach the bottom of the window first. 
A childhood habit.

"We’ve reached," Daehyun interrupted.

Oh? You were slowly recovering from staring too hard at those small grainy raindrops to facing the large airport landscape. 
You fumbled out of your seat and went to the boot to take your luggage.

You struggled hard with the weight, Daehyun chuckled and said, “Let the man do it,” he smirked too. 
You smacked him lightly on the chest and argued, “Hey! I could have took the luggage too okay! You’re not that cool even if you take my luggage.”

"Oh, is it? Shall I put it back?" His smirk, accentuating every perfect features of him even when there are lines creases near his eyes, that didn’t hide the twinkle in his brown eyes.

"Yah, JUNG DAE HYUN! "

 

 

Both of you were childhood friends, born and raised in Busan.
He left Busan to pursue his dreams as a singer, and you left to pursue your dreams as a journalist. 
Being the only child, you were very close to Daehyun, he has been through every moment in your life, from childhood, to adolesence, to this very day after you have established a rather reputable position as a journalist. 
It was finally a break for both of you, and both of your parents had requested to visit them, since it has been quite some time.

 

"A packet of peanuts and glass of water please," you asked the air stewardess nicely.

She came back with the food you have requested. 
“Yah, Peanuts are fat for you, you should eat healthier- “
his hands sneakily stole the packet of peanuts, aiming to claim as his.

"YAH JUNG DAE HYUN! 내고야! (It’s mine!)"

He chuckled, “Arasso Arasso… “he gave you back after hiding a couple peanuts for himself.

 

You twirl a pen as you were penning down thoughts on your favourite notepad, while he was immersed in his music, nodding his head to the beat,…or was he sleeping.

You stole a glance and noticed his beautiful eyes covered by his long lashes, the way he pressed his head down creates a light double chin, you giggled as you snap an image as evidence, you’re so gonna afterwards.

You took a peek at his playlist, he was listening to english songs. You scroll through the songs,… hey.. These are my favourite. Did he know? You shot a look at him, as if he would reply from his trip to slumberland, but you still did anyways. You shrugged your shoulders and you slid back to penning notes.

 

"Dear Passengers, we will be landing soon, please take your seats and buckle your seatbelts.."

 

Both of you had reached! You spinned around as you inhaled the fresh Busan air! 
“Home!” you exclaimed, almost a little too loud.

"Yah.. You’re so noisy," he pinched your nose, "Hurry.. Let’s go.. I’m hungry already"

"You this eating machine! "

"Hey, a boy need his nutrients to grow strong okay! "

"But…you’re not a boy anymore! "

"Does that mean you see me as a man?" he smirked.

"Yah, since when did I say that?! "

"You can say now,"that arrogance of his..

You smacked him on his head and proceed to run towards the cab station.


 

Finally, both of you have reached your houses respectively, rather, it was just side by side to each other. You were beaming so brightly, you really miss the countryside, so much slow-paced than the bustling city. You know, those times when you just want to take a break from all the busy work and pressure and slowdown your pace in life. You can feel that only in Busan.

"Omma~~" Both of you greeted at the same time, each earning a hug..

 

After dinner, of much catching up and talking and eating, well, more eating and talking, and talking and eating, mostly just witnessing Daehyun going for more and more scoops of rice. Sometimes you wonder the size of his stomach…

 

"Ah… Both of you must be tired, go to sleep early" your mum gave a warm smile after you have helped her with washing the dishes.

You tossed and your bed, you just couldn’t sleep. So you slipped on a cardigan and a pair of sneakers and head out to the nearby dock. You set yourself down, with your feets dangling in midair, a few metres above the water and your palms at both side to balance yourself.

You filled your lungs with the night air, as you closed your eyes. Bliss.



 

"Miss, its too late to be here," that voice!

You ignored him, but hanging a wide grin on your face.

"Yah! ______, how can you come here so late in the night! What if something happens?"

You chuckled, “I have you to protect me…”

You swear, You saw him gulped..

Silence. 

Well... not really because of the moving water and the concert held by the crickets, the “night life” in Busan still seems active.

The wooden board creaks, Daehyun keeps moving about, you smacked his lap, “Yah! Keep Quiet stop moving! “

He stood still.

You felt a little wary,  is something wrong? 
You turned to face him, both of your faces were inches away, infact his breath was blowing your face, warming the tip of your nose from the chills of the night wind. 
He gulped, you saw the moving of his adam’s apple.

You cautiously and with concern asked, “Dae… Gwenchanayo?”

He managed a smile, you could still feel him tense.

You tilt your head and felt his fingers interlacing with yours. 
“Omo! What are you doing now?”
You’re not afraid of skinship, infact you have tons with him, just.. The atmosphere, his actions.. Seems a little off.

”______” his voice, makes your name sounds so beautiful. It trembles every bone of yours with his husky voice.

You could feel your heart pounding more intently…

 

"줗아해"


 

That chimed through every nerve of yours, your ears seems temporarily deaf as the cricket sounds no longer rings, only leaving both of your breathing sounds. 
His eyes fixed on you, his beautiful eyes, almond shaped perfectly capturing the glint from the moonlight, lightly reflecting yourself in his eyes. 
He had a wide smile, that warm smile that walked you out of many darkness in your life.

You were absolutely in a confused state, you like him- no - You Love Him, for God knows how long. You have been dreaming of this day ever since your heart flies at the sight of him, your stomach churns when he touches you, and the way every hair stood when his beautiful voice took your breath away.

You just bit your lips to hide a smile. 
But he knows you too well, that was sufficient to know your answer, he lightly took your chin with his thumbs and index fingers and leaned in.

Both of you sharing your first kiss, the kiss that both of have carefully saved for each other to present to each other on this very day. 
You could feel him smile through the kiss, and you couldn’t supress your smiles too.

He pulled back and gave another long kiss on your forehead. For once in many years, you were no longer yelling or smacking him, but just like an innocent little girl,a feminine side of you peeked through as you blushed at the revelation of your emotions. You land your head on his shoulders, absolutely comfortable, you fluttered your eyes shut and appreciated the moment.

Jung DaeHyun, the man you have been crushing on for your whole life, is yours now.

You couldn’t suppress a giggle, you could feel him smile.

"Why? So happy to be mine?"

Daehyun just being Daehyun. 
You leaned in for a kiss, before pulling back, “Very. “

He chuckled before pulling you in tighter, and whispered into your ear, “Me too”