The letter

Sometimes goodbye is a second chance

I decided to make this letter because I felt the need to talk to you and explain the situation; after all the endless smiles we share and all the support you have given me, this was the last thing I could do but believe I’m aware that you deserve more than this.

When you read the news about me leaving U-kiss, you might have thought that I was being selfish, and I don’t blame if you did, but also you could have been in the situation where the feeling of disappointed or confusion was bigger than your ability to blame of have the time to feel betrayed; I want you to take in count that at the moment I made this decision, I felt as confused as you are right now, but being honest this wasn’t a new theme for me, this thought have been repeated again and again in my head for a long time.

 

And then, after a long time of thinking of what should I do, finally I decide to take this path, although it wasn’t my plan to do it in this way, I denied and hate the idea of just walking away like if I was being chased and continue lying to each one of you.

I thought that if I was really going to leave, I will do it with my face high and if in any circumstance I find one of you out in the streets I would be able to see you in the eyes with a smile and a clean conscience.

Since my depart from the group was announced, I need to thank every u-kiss member to be there for me, for their help when I still was a kid, to play the role of my brothers who guided me through this journey, to make me grow as a person and the most important thing, to never give up. But also, to the ones who made me resist the pain I was feeling, kissmes.

Soohyun, I know that you are the leader of our group and that is your responsibility to take care of us, but this time I ask you to please let me be one to be worried about you. I’m conscious that a cause of this, you will have a lot more to handle by your own, but it’s not your fault. But knowing how you are, please at least just shared the weight with me, because this was my decision; don’t take all this heavy boxes alone, let’s share the heaviness between the two.  You could be a little surprise, if you ever read this, because I realize all what you done for us, hyung I’m young but not clueless.

Kevin hyung, I feel very sorry towards you, because of my eagerness, the role as U-kiss maknae will be on you, since I’m not sure yet, when I will come back but I should have given you some advices, so in that case you could enjoy it somehow, but then I remember you know the same girl dances as me, and also you are too cute hyung, so I know you are going to do an excellent job. Don’t be bothered about the negative comments about you; please keep smiling for the two. I know you are not replacing me, you will just taking care of my place for a little while.

Aj hyung and Eli hyung, take care about all the awesome raps in U-kiss songs, maybe with this new opportunity you will be able to show more of your abilities. Don’t feel guilty or sad while doing it, because as a three we enjoyed the time that we spent recording and sharing the stage, two of you will be also do an incredible job.

Hoon hyung, sadly I will admit that we didn’t have that much time knowing each other, but It felt like it, the years that we spent together since you joined U-kiss, I will treasure every one of them. Thank you so much for always taking care of me, and I ask you as a favor to take care of Soohyun Hyung.

Even you if you joined us a little bit later Kiseop Hyung, I always been impressed by your passion and hard work since you arrived, sometimes, even right know, I wish you could have given some of that strength so I could spend a little more time with you guys. And also don’t dare to cry!

Please, don’t cry any more tears for me because if you do it will be goodbye forever ; this is my chance to live as a normal person, to be able to make friends and go to school, to recuperate my health, I know this could sound selfish, but I truly want to enjoy my life I’m a more freely way.

I grow up in front of the cameras, having the fear of making a mistake in front of national television instead of being scared for having a wrong question in an exam. It was never my intention to make you heart ache or to make you sad. Remember that this won’t be a goodbye, I’m sure, even if not as an artist, that we will meet again and if you have the chance to find me, believe that the smile on my face is because of you. On that day, let’s erase all the sad memories and meet again.

The group, the fans and the members will always be inside of me…

 

PD:

Don’t forget about me! I will be continuing watching over you, so be careful…

Dongho

 

 

Being tired right now
is just evidence of your love
Everybody knows you tried.
Everybody knows it’s alright