Ch. 5

The Arcade

Ch. 5

Minah's POV

Finally it was the weekend. Now I finally have a chance to do research and find a way to get to that game without drawing attention.

"Minah, would you stop staring at that computer screen and come help me with this damn science project!!" Eunji yelled from across the room. Still staring dead blankly at the screen, I scoffed and yelled back at her.

"I am sitting right across from you... In the same room... Is it absolutely necessary to yell like we're in space!?"

"It is after the 20th time of demanding you get off and help me! When I chose you as my partner, I didn't expect to be the one doing all of the work. That's usually your job." Eunji had a point, maybe I was in way too deep with this. Maybe it was all just paranoia and I need to see some psychiatrist or something... I mean, it can't be possible that that old arcade game has some mystical abilities to trap humans inside of it.. right? I mean like that guy said at the lunch table, maybe it was just some rumour, like some old folk-tail some kids probably made up to scare everybody...

I got up from the computer and made my way to the bed which laid our lame excuse for a project and Eunji. I sat down across from her and began to patch loose pieces of paper to our poster paper, aswell as continuing to ponder in my thoughts. But what if it wasn't crazy that the game could be possessed. I mean, all those paranormal shows talk of things being possessed all the time. Maybe I should just give the game a little inspection just to be safe, rather than be sorry later... I put down the glue and looked over at Eunji, who must've felt my glare because she looked at me aswell. 

"Eunji, if you're my friend, promise me you wont you won't laugh or think I'm crazy at what I'm about to say..." I could tell she didn't like what I was going to say by the sudden worried face she gave me.

"We need to somehow get into that arcade. Without anybody seeing us or knowing we're there." Maybe I shouldn't have been so blunt about that. Her eyes widened and she looked like she just saw a ghost.

"Are you crazy...? The place is always full of people! Someone would see you doing.. whatever it is that you're going to do. The only way no one would see you is if we went on a weekend since it's closed. But we can't do that, because it's closed."

"Yes I understand that, but don't you see? That's the perfect time to go there! No one will be there!"

"Minah... You know nothing obviously. The owner lives on the second floor; and plus, that's breaking and entering! Have you gone mad!? Or am I on a hidden camera show because..." She let out a snicker. "... this is funny. You've got me! Camera crew, you can come out now!" I just stared at her as she looked around the room. When no camera man came out, she looked back at me with cold dead eyes.

"Are you serious...?"

"As serious as I was the week of our final exams." Eunji didn't look happy at all. She knew that meant I was serious since I take those tests super seriously. She let out a sigh as she shook her head in dismay.

"IF I'm going to help you... I think I at least have the right to know why we are doing this." She was right. 

"You would't believe me if I told you..."

"Try me."

/ An hour later /

"What." She just stared at me. I shook my head and gave off a soft laugh. 

"See I told you you wouldn't believe me. I must sound like a complete madman, right?" She nodded her head and told me that I did, but that she didn't have any reason not to believe me. 

"You're my best friend and you wouldn't lie to me about something this crazy. I'll help you, but don't expect me to take any of the blame if we get caught, got it? There ain't no way I'm going to jail this young!" We both ended up laughing to that and I agreed to take full responsibility if anything were to go wrong. I flashed a smile at her. 

"I'm glad you're my friend. I really am."

"I never thought we'd be partners in crime but hey, what are best friends for?" Eunji can turn any bad situation into a comedy show, I love it!

"So... when should our heist go down?" She asked with curiosity.

"I was thinking... tomorrow? I did my research and there was a picture of Mr. Lee at a church so I assume he'll be at church tomorrow morning since it's a Sunday."

"Tomorrow!? That's so soon Minah... We haven't planned or boughten our super-villain costumes or anything!"

"Eunji calm down, all we have to do is bust in and out. We won't be there for long. And not many people walk around Olympic Avenue anyways, it'll be so early so nobody will be around to see us."

"Do you hear us Eunji. We're going bad. We're going to have to be fugitives and run to Canada and change our names and faces. Minah, I know you always tried staying away from video games and now I see why, they've turned us into criminals Minah! Mad mad criminals!" I grabbed a hold of her shoulders and shook her hard.

"Eunji!! Get ahold of yourself!! We'll be fine, I promise. I just have this feeling that it's something we have to do, and that we will be okay doing it. You gotta not freak out like this okay... Not now, and most definitely not during the action, got it? Be like those heroes in your games. Be brave, for them." She gave me a frown but nodded in agreement. With that, I set my alarm and we both fell asleep. We needed our rest if we were going to pull the plan off with ease.

----------

Authors note:

Heyoo! Sorry if this chapter was a lil boring .-. I promise there will be action comin up soon so just be patient with me -w-

Currently writing Ch. 6 so stay tuned to see how things go down for Minah and Eunji~ Comments are always nice by the way! If Ive made or mistake or even if you just like the story, just lemme know! Id much appreciate it~

-Admin baekyeol out B|