Chapter 1

Of Songs and Stupidity

 

 

Two girls were sitting on the choir room waiting for the time that their music class would begin. One was reading a magazine while the other was playing a game on her Nintendo. It had passed 10 minutes since their arrival when a girl with short blond hair entered and sat on a chair, on the far corner of the room, listening to some music.

A few minutes later, another girl entered the room accompanied by a boy. The girl had straight black hair and, as she walked in the room, she glanced around and sat on the other side of the room, on the opposed side from the blond girl.

“What’s wrong with those two?” Sulli asked, looking at her companion that was occupied with a magazine, after seeing the strange behavior. Strange because the blond girl, Amber, and the girl with straight black hair, Krystal, were girlfriends and they always sat together, more times than not, Krystal sat on Amber lap. So to her it was really strange.

“Don’t you know? They break up” Luna answered, without taking her eyes from her magazine, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“What? When?” Sulli enquired surprised.

“Where have you been? It’s been like… 3 weeks. Krystal doesn’t even talk with Amber anymore, for what I heard Amber cheated”

“No way, she wouldn’t do that, she loves Krystal” Sulli defended. She couldn’t believe that, Amber, one of her best friends would cheat on anyone, much less Krystal.

“It was what I heard and nobody really knows if it is the truth. And you have to admit Amber is like a people magnet, everyone is always surrounding her. It was bound to happen sometime”

“I don’t believe that she could do that”

“Class” a high pitched voice sounded on the room above all the other voices. The room had filled during Sulli’s and Luna’s conversation.

“Good day Miss Hwang” the class said in unison.

“Ok, today…” the professor started to announce.

“Miss Hwang” a shy voice sounded interrupting the professor and making every eye on the room to turn to her.

“Yes, Krystal”

“I’d like to perform today” she announced.

“Oh?” the girl’s announcement surprised the older woman since Krystal wasn’t known to like to perform in front of the class and she never had done it before.

“Can we know why?” the professor was intrigued by the out of character move and she wanted to know the reason.

The younger took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves and after glancing to the corner of the room where, along with everyone in the class, brown eyes were watching her intensely, she answered. “I just wanted to express some things and, Miss Hwang always said that music is a really good way o express oneself. So I’d like to perform a song.”

The professor smiled showing her eye smile and urged her student to the stage.“Ok. The stage is yours”

Along with Krystal, a boy followed her to the stage with a guitar. Krystal situated herself in front of the class in the middle of the stage, the boy, Kyungsoo sit on a chair with the guitar waiting for the girls signal.

The girl looked around the room and her gaze fixed on the eyes that she missed so much. It had passed 3 weeks since she had had more than simple glimpses of the other girl, all because Krystal had been avoiding her.

She nodded signaling the boy to start playing.

The strings of the guitar started playing and every person on the room held their breath to what was coming.

(A.N. - hear the song from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUi_df2xnN8)

 

(Kystal)

 Here's a little story I gotta tell
'Bout this boy I know so well
Back in the day was cool and all
He fell in love I fell in love
I thought he was the one for me
Other boys I could not see
and look what happened to our love
I'm like how could it be

(Krystal and Kyungsoo)

 It should been me and you
It could been you and me
But boy you broke my heart
and now I'm standing there
It should been me and you
It could been you and me

 

Krystal singed with Kyungsoo as her backup and everyone in class was in shock with what was going on. They never had heard Krystal sing and they had never really seen her show so much emotions like she was showing in that moment.

On another hand, Amber couldn’t believe her ears. She hadn’t seen or talked with Krystal in weeks (not from lack of trying, but when she show up on Krystal’s house she was receive by her sister Jessica and was warmly warned to stayed away from Krystal or else … she didn’t like to think about it) and, there she was singing… to her, saying that she broke her heart.



Now all I got are these photographs
All I've got
All I've got
All I've got
are these photographs
All I've got
All I've got

Its nothing without you, you, you
Got nothing without you, you, you
Got nothing without you

 

In an impulsive manner Amber stood up from her chair and made her way to the stage unnoticed by everyone’s attention since it was caught only on Krystal. Slowly she approached the girl on stage.

As the chorus ended she decided to make Krystal see her true feelings for her.
 

(Amber)

I met a girl at the bar
I let her know who you are
 

Hearing another person sing, Krystal turned around to be faced with Amber.


I told her you are the love of my life
And one day you gon' be my wife
And we are gonna have some babies together, uh huh
 

Krystal couldn’t believe that Amber was singing that she was the love of her live, that they would be together and have a future , when only a few weeks ago she was surrounded by people not giving her any attention, but not only that she was kissing other girls behind her back.

How dare she try to deceive me?

She was outraged with the other girl, but she knew that being without her llama dork had been the worst weeks of her life and all she wanted was to forget the image of her girlfriend kissing another girl but it was impossible since every time she closed her eyes it seemed like she was seeing it all over again.

You have to be strong. She can’t think that she can make a grand romantic gesture and you run right back to her arms. You’re not that easy.

 

(Krystal)

It's killing me
I'm saying it's killing me
The fact that you ain't around
Baby, I'm falling down
I need me a remedy
Been looking for remedies
I need you to be around
Baby I'm hurting now
I know you're a better man
(when I was your girl)
This land is a better land
(when you're in my world)

Today will be better, babe
The day went out yesterday, so happy and lovely
Hey, hey, hey

 

Amber was confused. She didn’t understand what she had done wrong, what had made Krystal break up with her, but she had faith that the love that they had for each other would help them surpass this.

It was hurting her to know that Krystal was suffering and she didn’t know the reason why so she came closer to Krystal trying to reach her and convince her that she loved her with all her heart.

 

(Amber)

I love you, I love you
You are the love of my life
I love you, I love you, I love you
You are the love of my life, my life

You know your holding my heart
Can't nothing tear us apart
 

I said I-L-O-V-E-Y-O-U
I'm so into you girl
 

So why don't we hold on for love
Through the ups and downs
Never let go
Holding on forever never let go

It all started with the 3 words that saved my life
It wasn't complicated, it wasn't complicated

It wasn't complicated, it wasn't complicated

 

I love you, I love you
You are the love of my life
 

Krystal didn’t want to give in but she knew that everything was duller without her servant, and the days without the other girl felt like years but she also knew that she couldn’t give in that easy.

 

(Krystal and Amber)

All I’ve got
It's nothing without you, you, you
It's nothing without you, you, you
It's nothing without you
 

As the song ended everyone was in silence trying to wrap their head around what happened before their eyes, until Sulli got up and started clapping waking the rest of the class from their shock.

After the applauses died down, Miss Hwang regain reign on the room.

“It was a really… heartfelt performance. I think that you two should probably solve your problems. You can leave if you want.” She said indicated that they could leave to sort they relationship out.

Krystal was the first to leave without said anything, tears starting to fall for her eyes.

Amber quickly thanked her professor and run after her princess.

“Krystal!” Amber called when she was outside and saw Krystal at the end of the corridor making her way to the exterior.

“Krystal” She tried again but the other girl didn’t stop.

Running full speed, Amber caught up to Krystal at the entrance of the building. Reaching for the crying girl’s wrist, she turned her around to face her.

Krystal didn’t say anything, only stayed there, looking at the ground, hiding her face with her hair.

Amber reached over to try to make the girl face her but Krystal took a few steps back, avoiding her, the only contact between them being the grip that Amber had on Krystal’s wrist.

“Krys”

“What do you want?” Krystal asked coldly, still not looking up.

Amber sighed. “We need to talk don’t you think?”

“We don’t have anything to talk about” Was the emotionless answer that she got.

“No? I think we do. Ok I’ll start” taking a deep breath Amber begin. “I love you Krystal… I love you so much … and I don’t know why we broke up? I don’t know because you never told me. You never tell me anything.”

“You know exactly why” Krystal said solemnly. She turned her back on Amber and shrugging the hand on her wrist, she walked away.

“I do? Then enlighten me” Amber challenged.

“YOU CHEATED ON ME” she shouted as she quickly approaching the other girl only stopping when their faces were almost touching.

She was silently crying, tears stream smudging her makeup. Her face was red from anger.

“What?” Amber asked quietly. She had to admit that she was a little bit intimidated with the way that Krystal was looking at her in that moment. The girl seemed like she was a phrase away from murder and that was scaring Amber. But she also had to admit that she missed this scary human being, it had passed so long since they had been so close.

“You cheated on me” Krystal repeated, her voice a little more controlled. “I saw; don’t even dare to say that you didn’t or that it wasn’t what it looked like.”

“You saw it?” was the only thing that got out from Amber’s lips.

“Yeah, I saw it.”

Amber looked at Krystal’s eyes and explained, she wanted the other girl’s total attention. “She kissed me, I know that I should’ve pushed her away and I didn’t, but I didn’t kiss her.”

“Why didn’t you push her?”

“She had just confessed to me. She told me she loved me and I told her that you were the only girl I loved, so she asked me if she could kiss me. She said that it was to get it out of her system.”

Krystal scolded. Some of her anger had dissipated to make room for the feeling of perplexity.

“You jeopardize a year and a half relationship, so that some girl could kiss you to get you out of her system?” she asked perplexed.

“I didn’t know you were watching” Amber answered.

Krystal was outrageous.

“So you let girls kiss you when I’m not there, so they could…” using her finger “‘get you out of their system’”

“Of course not, it was just her because she’s my friend.” Amber clarified “And could you, please, stop saying that.”

Krystal only shocked her head “You are so stupid” and with that she walked away, leaving Amber confuse.

A few moments later, Amber woke from her stupor.

“Hey wait” she called. “Krystal!” and for the second time that day, started to run trying caught up to Krystal again.

When Amber reached beside Krystal, the other girl halt and turned sideways, facing Amber that had also stopped.

“You’re really stupid” Krystal stated.

She was pissed. How could I date such an ignorant girl? I can’t believe that she let some girl kiss her for such a ridiculous reason. She didn’t know what to say.

Amber was still confused. Did I do wrong? I thought that it could help; I mean I didn’t want to lose a friend just because she fell in love with me. But I don’t want to lose my girlfriend because of something that didn’t mean anything.

Krystal calmed herself and tried to compose herself.

“Let’s make this clear…” Krystal approached closer to Amber again until they were only a few inches away, her arms finding a place to rest on Amber’s shoulders. “If your lips ever, even go near another pair that isn’t mine, I’ll break your arms” she threatened.

Amber smiled, putting her hands on Krystal’s hips, pushing them closer together “ok” and closed the space between their lips.

Several seconds later, they parted and leaned their foreheads together.

“I mean it Amber” Krystal said seriously.

“I know” the older girl answered stealing a peck.

“And just because a girl says that they want to get you ‘out of their system’ doesn’t mean that you can let them do it, because someday every girl will use that excuse to kiss you.”

“I’m sorry; I shouldn’t have let her kiss me. It’s never going to happen, I promise” Amber promised.

“You better”

“Come on. I’m going to take you home”

They separated and hold hands making their way to Krystal’s house.

 “I mean it what I said awhile ago. That you never tell me anything.” Amber said a few minutes into their walk.

“I’m sorry” Krystal knew that the girl was right. She always had some problem expressing herself and she knew that that was one of the major problems on their relationship.

“I’m not asking for you to tell me everything that goes through your mind, I’m just asking for you to trust me. Trust me with your problems and some of the things that cause you pain.”

“I’m going to try”

“That’s what I want.” Amber said kissing the hand that she was holding, showing her dork smile making Krystal smile also.