Meeting my biggest fan, my best friend.

Visiting America Again

 

 

I breathed in the American air, coughing when the polluted air finally hit my lungs. The dull sun hit my face, warming it as much as it could for it to be Autumn. He air was crisp feeling. I was home. Well, as close to home as I was gonna get for the next few hours. My plane to Chicago was forced to stop in Ohio when a storm threatened us. I was in... Cincinati. Of course, me being a one city guy, I didn't know where the hell I was. I looked around, taking in the big plane terminal. It was pretty fancy compared to the crime ridden but beautiful city of Chicago. Sighing, I walked down the steps of the plane. I was going to be here for a few hours and I didn't even know what to do. I quickly ran into the airport building, not knowing what I was running for, but I ran anyway.

"Creepy Asian dude," some stick skinny teenage girl said, looking at me as I ran.

"Yeah, and his hair is blue," another girl whispered. I ran faster. I didn't wanna face the teasing and ridiculing again. That was one of the reasons I left. Also, I wanted to follow my dream of being a performer. Slowing down to a jog because my bags were heavy, I swung them forward, trying to launch them at the baggain claim area. Instead, I launched them right into a little girl.

"OWWIE OWWIE OWWIE!" She screamed, jumping up and down and clutching at all the places my bags hit her. I ran over to her, bowing as I did so. She turned around, her back facing me. I could see her wiping her tears. I felt like a complete .

"MIANHE MIANHE MIANHE!" I yelled at her, apologizing to her in Korean. I had forgotten where I was, using my Korean customs. Her back was still facing me.

"It's okay. You probably didn't mean it. Don't apologize." she mumbled, tears in her voice. My heart crumbled. I had just gotten here and already I broke someone. I was about to turn around when I remembered something.

"Wait, I apologized in Korean. How did you know what I was saying," I asked. She huffed, still facing away from me.

"Well, I know a little bit of Korean," she said "and I listen to kpo-" she turned around. Her eyes widened. dropped open. This was the first time I actually gotten a good look at her. Her skin was a pretty brown color, her hair a reddish color. Her cheeks were just so adorably chubby. She was a skinny little girl of about 5'0'' tall. Her eyes were the same chocolate brown as mine.

"Penpenpenpenpen.." she mumbled. Her plump bottom lip trimbled.

"Huh?"

"Penpenpenpenpen PENIEL!" she screamed, jumping up and down. I was shocked that she recognized me.

"PENIELOHMYGUKNESSYOU'REPENIELSHIN!" I smiled shyly at her.

"PenielhimynameisAngieandI'm16andI'myourbiggestfanIloveyouSaranghae," she said, her lungs not letting one breath escape.

"Excuse me. What are you saying?" I asked. She took a deep breath and started again.

"Peniel. You're Peniel. Hi Peniel, my name is Angie. I'm 16 and I'm your biggest fan. You're my ultimate bias,"

I chuckled. She shoved up the sleeve of her purple sweatshirt and her wrist into my face. She had on a bracelet that said "I <3 Peniel"

"Oh. I see. I guess you're my biggest fan, huh?" She nodded fiercly. I pulled her in for a hug. After all, I had to make my fans happy. She sobbed quietly before pulling away and wiping her tears.

"Well... I know that you're a fan... but how... you're... " I started.

"Black?" She asked. I nodded dumbly. She giggled. "Oppa, just because I'm black doesn't mean I can't be a fan. There are a lot of black kpop fans out there," she said. I just stared at her. She looked as if she remembered something.

"JULIA!!!!" She shouted. A girl with short purple hair came running over to her, black eye liner her greenish blue eyes. She was a pale child.

"Yah!" She yelled at Angie and hit her. "Pabo! I was about to buy our plane tickets. What do you wan? This better be good." The girl with purple hair didn't even look at me, but I was sure she was one of Angie's little kpop friends with the little Korean words she spoke.

"Jules, will you shut up and look?" Angie said, pointing my way.

"Krisus, Angie" She said, and obvious Exo fan "We gotta buy our tickets so we can go to Chicago so we can see your beloved Peniel"

"Oh, you're going to Chicago too? I guess we'll be all on the same plane," I said, finally getting the Julia girl's attention. She looked at me the same way Angie did. The she turned to her.
 

"Angie, you realize... that Peniel... your ultimate bias... is standing right in front of you?" she asked her. Angie smirked. Julia turned to me and stuck out her hand.

"Hi I'm Jules. I'm 16. I'm a fan of yours too, just not as big of a fan as Angie," she said. I grabbed her hand and shook it.

"Yeah, she's a Kwanggie fan," Angie said. "But only after she's a  Vixx Leo and B1A4 Jinyoung fan,"

"Wait," I coughed "You're a Kwanggie fan?" I asked Julia. She nodded. I couldn't surpress a giggle.

"I see things saying how me and Kwanggie are the ugliest members of BtoB. Wow... WOW!"

"DON'T BREAK! PUT 'EM UP PUT 'EM UP PUT 'EM UP YO!" Julia and Angie shouted and busted out into laughter. These two girls were just so cute.

"OH CRAP! Lemme go buy our plane tickets. The plane will be here in an hour. Angie. Stay. Peniel. Stay," she said, and ran off. Angie looked at me, and started on another fit of giggles and screams.

"I just can't believe I'm finally talking to you!" She said, jumping up at down. I jumped with her. Julia came back. "Weirdos." she mumbled.

"Come on," she said, grabbing both of our hands "The plane is bording. We gotta go"

Angie shyly held my hand as we borded the plane. I carried her bag for her.

"So how long are you gonna be in Chicago?" I asked her. She smiled up at me.

"Two days!" She said.

"Oh. I'll be in Chicago for a week, then I'll be going back to South Korea. We're still promoting for Thriller"

"Yeah, I know. I watch it over and over and I've seen every live performance. You know, you twitch a lot. More than the other members, Oppa. It's so cute. I like playing Minhyuk's rap because you twitch a lot during it. Am... Am I being weird?  Let me change the subject. Are you close friends with other Kpop stars?" she asked me.

"Uh.. yeah. Let's see. The members of BtoB, but more so Hyunsik and Sungjae. Me and Minhyuk are pretty close too, but we're all one big family. I love them all very much. Amber, Sungjae and Hyunsik are like my best friends. I like Amber a lot. She's cool. I'm really good friends with Shindong too, though he scares me."

"OH MY GOD I LOVE AMBER WITH ALL OF MY HEART SHE'S JUST SO COOL! I ship her with Minho of SHINee, and I ship her with you too. You'd make such a cute couple. Oh, I ship you with Eunkwang... I wrote a story called Eunkwang's English Lesson... you can find it on Asian Fan Fictions. My account name is Bangin My Oppa... oops... never mind. Anyway, I ship you and Amber forget about what I said about Eunkwang omg I keep talking Angie shut up omg..." she went on, not really breathing. It was cute really. When we found our seats on the plane, we found out that I was sitting next to her, but Julia sat on the other side next to a gross old man. Julia pouted from where she sat, her arms crossed and face red. Angie stared at her sadly, but I could tell by the way she clutched my leg that she wasn't going to give up on sitting with her "ultimate bias."

"Julia," I called over to her.

"Hm?"

"Here," I said, calling Eunkwang on Skype and handing her my phone. She took it, confused.

"Yeobosayo?" a voice came from my phone. She looked at the screen, her eyes widening.

"EUNKWANGGIE!" she screamed, bouncing in her seat. They spent the hole flight, talking in a weird mix of Korean and English. Angie dozed off, her chubby cheeks rubbing against my shoulder. She was just so childishly cute for a 16 year old.

When the flight landed, I turned to Angie.

"Hey, kid. Where are you gonna be staying?" I asked. She giggled.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Oh nothing. You just talk funny, that's all. And your teeth are big. But don't worry, it's so cute. Anyway, we're staying with my uncle. Waeyo?" She asked. I thought her little Korean vocab was cute. She tried.

"Well, I was wondering if you guys wanted to hang out? I'll shoot a vlog and post it."

"Sure! Here's my address," she said, writing something down "And you should get your phone back before Julia takes it. She's lost in the derp that is Eunkwang."

I took the paper and gave her an awkward side hug when her uncle came into view. They drove away when... CRAP! Julia took my phone.

I was screwed for the night.

__________________________________________________________

The next day, I drove to her uncle's house and waited outside for Angie to come out. She ran out, wearing all kpop get up. This kid tried so hard. Climbing in the car, she turned to me and gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek. My face flushed.

"Here" she said, handing me my phone.  I looked at the screen, pictures of her covered it.

"Oh... thanks. Where's Julia?"

"She's Skyping Eunkwang on my laptop."

"Oh... okay. Well, let's hang out," I said.

We drove to the movies and to the park, going all around the beautiful city of Chicago. When we were done, I took her back to her uncle's house, and parked outside.

"Angie... I had a great time with my biggest fan," I said honestly.

"Gomawo, Oppa. I had an awesome time too." She leaned in, her lips puckering.

"Stop... Angie, I'm 21. You're 16. This would be against the law, don't you know?" I asked her.

"Oh... yeah. Well..."

"I like you a lot though, Angie. I think you're great. Maybe we should hang out again. I think it would be awesome. I think I have a new best friend."

"You like me even though I'm black?" She asked. Her eyes were downcast.

"Angie... you're black. You're dark skinned. I'm Asian. But that doesn't stop me from liking you. We idols love all of our fans," I told her. She looked at me, smiling.

"Thanks, Oppa." She said. I hugged her tight to me, kissing her cheeks.

"Thanks for giving me a new best friend, Angie."

"Thanks for being my Ultimate Bias. You know... when I get older, we're getting married." She said.

"Sure thing. I'll wait."

"You won't be waiting long..."

 

____________________________________________________________________________

I'm such a bad writer.