The Great Escape

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thanks to those that subscribed. Happy Halloween, hope this one-shot is interesting enough. I didn't make Taeyeon a jerk this time although she still suffered a bit.

     >ENJOY~!!

 

 

 

Author's POV (1 Year Ago)

 

It was autumn, the weather was nice. Taeyeon walked down the quiet street enjoying the silent morning. The street was filled with orange colored leaves the view was breathing for her ever since she was little and till today she still loves the streets filled with leaves during autumn. She took out her camera and snapped a few pictures before continuing her journey down the street. She was enjoying herself and drowning into those memories she had when she was a child when the sky gets darker. 

The clouds got darker and Taeyeon made her way quickly towards the end of the street that leads her out to the coffee house nearby, but to her dismay the shop seemed to be close for the day. She quickly ran towards a stall that was along the pavement a second before the rain poured heavily outside. She dried herself by brushing off the little water droplets that was on her coat when someone caught her attention.

A girl about her age walked out and looked at her, Taeyeon was expecting a bunch of questions to be targeted at her such as why was she doing at her stall and stuff, but no. The girl stared at her for a second before giving her a smile before turning away and stare at the heavy rain that was pouring outside. Unconciously Taeyeon found herself staring at the girl before her, she had never seen someone that is as beautiful as her. The girl's skin was white and her smiles was so attractive that it makes Taeyeon's heart race.

Taeyeon took her camera out once again and point it towards the girl that was standing before her and snapped a few pictures of the girl staring at the rain outside. It was a common sight of people staring at the rain, yet the picture of the girl came out pretty well.

Taeyeon made her way towards the girl and reached out her hand for a handshake.

 

"Hi! I'm Kim Tae Yeon, What's your name?" 

The girl directed her attention towards Taeyeon and stared at her for a moment before reaching out for Taeyeon's hand.

"Hi! I'm Jessica Jung." Jessica replied with a smile.

That smile and that angelic voice of Jessica sends Taeyeon's heart fluttering once again.

The both of them chat for the rest of the the time till the rain stops and the cloud clears. They bid each other goodbye and gave one another their numbers, making a promise to meet up again some day.

 

 

Jessica's POV (That night..)

 

I tossed and the bed, it was a rainy night. The weather was extremely perfect for me to sleep soundly yet the sight of the rain just reminds me of that Taeyeon girl. She was quite a cute girl and we hit off pretty well and to be honest she was kinda dorky too. I smiled at the thought of having another conversation. What can I do? My heart raced when she was was near me, she gives me a sense of security.. Am I in love?

I shook away those mixed feelings and drifted off to sleep.

 

For the next few days, it was still raining heavily. I was feeling empty for some reason, i decided to close my stall early, I wanted to take a walk at the nearby park even though it was raining. I walked along the street before stopping to divert my attention to the side of the street that has an amazing view of the city. The place was only filled with the sound of rain drops, when the shutter sound of a camera captured my attention.

 

I turned my head and Taeyeon was standing there pointing her DSLR Camera towards me, I was shock to see her here. I thought she had forgotten about this place, I thought she had forgotten me..

 

"Hi!" She spoke shyly while looking around avoiding my eyes like a guilty child.  Cute!

"You took a picture of me?" I asked, smiling at her sweetly. I was extremely happy to see her once again.

She looked around once again before replying me.

"Yup, and you looked beautiful.." she spoke quickly but every single word caught my ears.

"Oh.. Okay.. Err.. Thanks, I need to go now." I rushed off without saying anything.

 

My heart was racing, it was the first time a girl made my heart felt this way. This feeling was making me warm. I can't fall for a girl, I cried my way to sleep hoping that I am able to control myself and just maintain as good friends with Taeyeon.

 

Author's POV

 

Ever since that day Taeyeon knew her feelings clearly, she knew she had feelings for Jessica. She would visit Jessica's flower stall at least 5 times weekly. She didn't know why she was going all out and visit her constantly but she knows that she yearns for Jessica everyday.. She wants to hold Jessica's hands and hug her tightly, but she waits patiently knowing that the latter has some feelings for her too.

And everyt ime Taeyeon thinks of Jessica a smile would appear on her face, vice versa for Jessica. Yet they had never confessed to each other, both afraid that confessing their love for the other would ruin the platonic relationship that they had currently. This was the reality they had to face, and these obstacles would alway hit them hard but at the same time reminding them to work harder in achieving their own goals, the person they love. But if only Taeyeon knew that theres never an easy way in achieving something that was not meant to be hers.

As girls the both of them can only cry knowing they may not have the chance to be together.

_____________________________________

 

Present Time

 

Taeyeon was at Jessica's stall again.

 

"SICA-YAH! SICA~" Taeyeon's voice filled the pavement where Jessica's stall was at.

"She's busy Taeyeon! Come in first!" a voice called out to Taeyeon.

"Oh.. Coming in Sister-in-law!" Taeyeon teased the other girl.

Over the year, a new coffee house owner has took over Taeyeon's favorite shop, it was Jessica's sister, Krystal. Jessica actually came from a rich family but she was passionate to sell flowers hence, her supportive parents allowed her to venture into the sales business, and when Krystal was older she too wanted to work outside and not in their parents company, Krystal's dream was to be a successful barista hence she decided to start her own coffee house. 

"You should really stop calling me that!" Krystal punched Taeyeon on the shoulder playfully.

"Mianhae, sister~" Taeyeon stuck out her tongue before running out of the coffee house before facing HellKrystal who can't stand Taeyeon's teasing.

Taeyeon was still avoiding Krystal when she felt someone came into contact with her and fell on her .

"Opps.. Mianha- OH SICA YOU ARE HERE! I MISS YOU SOOO MUCH!" Taeyeon pulled her best friend up quickly before giving the girl a tight hug. They have not seen each other for merely two days yet Taeyeon was already being clingy.

"Looks like somebody's flirting her best friend's sister over here.." Jessica stared at Taeyeon showing a hint of jealousy.

"NO! I didn't!" Taeyeon threw her hands up quickly surrendering.

"Okay Taengoo~ Now let's go take a seat, I have good news!" the voice of Jessica never fails to lighten up Taeyeon's day.

The both of the grabbed their own coffee before settling down at their favorite spot, the corner of the coffee house near the man-made waterfall located right beside them. They just love the sound of the water splashing while they enjoy their coffee and heart to heart talks as it reminds them those wonderful time they had one year ago.

"Taengoo.. I'm g-getting married with Donghae!" Jessica stuttered but manage to finish her sentence while covering up her sadness.

"What?! WITH THAT BASTARD?" Taeyeon shouted, earning stares from the customers in the coffee house. She then bowed to the other customers apologising for her sudden outburst.

"Why with that ? I never liked him, plus the both of you were not even dating this past few weeks!" Taeyeon mentioned again.

"Don't say Donghae oppa like that he's a good guy! How did you know we are not dating? You followed me?" Jessica hit Taeyeon lightly before asking her while smirking.

"Of course not! You think i'm that free? Donghae is only playing the perfect nice guy in front of you, he just wants to get in your pants" Taeyeon replied, her face showed jealousy and anger.

"Taengoo~ Don't be mad please.. Are you really that jealous?" Jessica begged before teasing the older girl once again.

"NO I'm NOT" Taeyeon's cheek turned bright red from Jessica's attempt in teasing.

"OMO you are blushing! Cute!" Jessica exclaimed while caressing Taeyeon's hot cheeks, these gestures once again sends Taeyeon shivering and her heart racing.

Taeyeon's thoughts:

*I have to do something before Sica really belongs to Donghae*

*Tonight I will confess..*

 

Jessica's POV (Night)


It was raining heavily, I walked out and stared at the spot where Taengoo stood upon our first meeting. I smiled unconsciously while thinking about her once again. I have to close up now since it was already late and there were nobody on the streets already. I was in the mist of packing when Taengoo suddenly appeared before me.

"Oh Taengoo, you are just here in time can you lend me a hand?" I asked while continuing my work but she didn't reply.

"Taeng-" I was about to call her when I felt a pair of lips crashing into mine.

I try to pull away from it but my hormones took over me and consumed my mind, the beast within me was banging the cage that was trapping it. I myself responded to the kiss Taengoo was giving me, the soft lips were driving me crazy, out tongue had contact and the both of us were indulging ourselves into it, not breaking apart even though we were lacking oxygen. At that moment i pushed her aside, if we had continued the kiss, i was certain that we would be ending up in my bed or hers.

"Sica~ Please don't leave me, I want you by my side, I need you.. I.. Love you ever since the day we met, ever since that day everything was about you. Please don't leave me now.." 

Those words did it.. I was shocked, everything was too sudden.. And I wasn't even sure what came out from me..

"NO! Taengoo this is wrong! We are not meant to be together!" I exclaimed before running away, far away from her. I'm confused, i was not even sure if I've rejected her in the face or accepted her. I was just running in the rain. 

 

Taeyeon's POV 

 

 

I have been waiting for her too long.. I stood by her flower stall everyday, trying to create a chance for us but she doesn't seem to notice my feelings. We hit off well and was kinda close but we were nothing more than that.. I was friend-zoned I suppose?

Till one day she broke out news to me that she was getting maried, with that guy that I disliked the most, Donghae. He was clearly not in my league, I personally felt that I was a better choice. 

I plucked up my courage and tried to confess to her, hoping that I stand a chance to change her mind. But she rejected me in the face, and left me on that rainy night, alone.

I still cannot believe what just happened.. I was rejected after kissing Sica.. It was all clear to me now, it was just a one-sided love from me.

 

The thunder was loud and the lightning strike, it was raining cats and dogs but despite the harsh weather conditions I sat under the rain. My heart was in so much pain, I cried my heart out screaming out the pain that was trapped within me. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter